Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Finally got the Sony Mex-BT3800 installed after some dashboard kit issues and it works great with the Pre- for streaming over bluetooth. Haven't had a bunch of time to mess around with it but it connects and plays music. I'm happy to not mess around with wires anymore. :-)))))
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Unfortunately, no. It cannot be connected to two devices simultaneously, which is very annoying because it's supported by the BT specification. You cannot be connected to one HFP device (for phone calls) and a different A2DP device (for music). You can switch between the two devices, but you cannot be connected to both at the same time.

I'm hoping Palm improves this with WebOS 2.0 since it does appear they are making some BT improvements, but it's just wishful thinking and I have no reason to expect it.
    Is there anyone w/ a 2.0 device that can check this out?!?
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Looking at getting a BT head unit for my car to stream music from my Pre. The Sony units sound good. Can you actually skip to the next track etc. with the buttons on the radio?

Had a VW rental car recently. It recognised my Pre as a phone and music device, I just couldn't get the music to work. Probably due to this problem where the Pre can't connect to 2 devices at once. Do the Sony's handle music and phone alright?
    Coming a little late to the discussion, but I wanted to put in a plug for the Clarion CZ500. It does BT phone and audio streaming and comes with an external mic that you can place somewhere on the dash or visor for handsfree calling. It also has a USB input that can handle a flash drive or an iPod, although that is wired coming out the back so you have to stash it someplace like the glovebox.

I had been looking at both the Sony units that have been discussed. I had a non BT Sony in my car that i really liked. They both do phone and audio streaming. The 2700 has an internal mic for phone that some reviewers said was not adequate and it does not have an external input. The 3800 has an external mic input but you have to buy the mic separately.

Then I came across the Clarion that has everything included and costs much less. It is available here on Amazon for less than $100 right now. I took a chance and I am glad I did. Not only does it work seamlessly with Pre - it is the best handsfree solution I have ever tried [people can actually hear what I am saying] - and I thought my old Sony was a step up from the OEM stereo I had, but the Clarion is another step beyond in sound quality.

The controls may take a little getting used to, but if you read the manual you get used to them quickly. There is a little quirk about remembering BT pairing that is mentioned in the Amazon reviews, but once you make the adjustment described there it automatically pairs with the phone every time.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    Looking at getting a BT head unit for my car to stream music from my Pre. The Sony units sound good. Can you actually skip to the next track etc. with the buttons on the radio?

Had a VW rental car recently. It recognised my Pre as a phone and music device, I just couldn't get the music to work. Probably due to this problem where the Pre can't connect to 2 devices at once. Do the Sony's handle music and phone alright?
    yeah the 3800 works good. and you can change songs with the buttons on the radio. I guess the phone handles both alright as well. if you get a call when your connected to bluetooth the music shuts off for you to take the call then comes back to the song when your are done. Also when you have music and navigation going at the same time the music lowers for the directions by the navi for a second then goes back to the level that you had it. as far as the microphone in the head unit goes its works ok and people can hear me alright but then again my truck doesn't have super loud road noise when driving.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Thanks for clarifying that! I'm definitely going to get one of those radio's soon, would make life in the car a lot more convenient without all the cables and plugging in and out all the time.
    I used to have a Sony that I really liked, but I'll make sure to check out that Clarion as well, sounds like a good option.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I've got a Sony Xplod unit and it handles music and phone flawlessly. The Xplod buttons switch tracks for both the music, and for Pandora to move to the next song. When a call comes in the music pauses and restarts at that point when the call ends. Have never had a problem pairing or staying paired...it just works without having to think about it
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen
    Unfortunately, no. It cannot be connected to two devices simultaneously, which is very annoying because it's supported by the BT specification. You cannot be connected to one HFP device (for phone calls) and a different A2DP device (for music). You can switch between the two devices, but you cannot be connected to both at the same time.

I'm hoping Palm improves this with WebOS 2.0 since it does appear they are making some BT improvements, but it's just wishful thinking and I have no reason to expect it.
    Is there anyone w/ a 2.0 device that can check this out?!?
    I just installed 2.1 on my Pre yesterday and can confirm that this problem has been corrected: with WebOS 2.1 the Pre can be connected to multiple devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I just installed 2.1 on my Pre yesterday and can confirm that this problem has been corrected: with WebOS 2.1 the Pre can be connected to multiple devices.
    Thanks for confirming this wtgreen. That's great news. That just convinced me to go ahead and put 2.1 on my Pre minus.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12