1.    #1  
    I apologize for starting a new thread, but I've searched through a number of threads, and been unable to find the right screen protector for my soon-to-arrive Pre Plus. I've got a couple of characteristics that are absolutely necessary:

Does not change look of screen
    Does not change feel of screen
    Covers entire front and sides
    Dry application
    Reasonable cost
    Doesn't interfere with proximity sensor.
    Good fit

I loved the Clarivue on my N900, but they don't seem to make good protectors for the Pre (I've heard complaints of screwing with the proximity sensor, and the fit). If anyone could help me, I would give them a zillion kudos.
    doesn't exist
  3.    #3  

How about one that just doesn't change the look and feel and has a dry application?
    ummmm no !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I suggest that the OP get the palm branded protector (screen only) and then get a GRT cate to protect the rest of the phone.
    I use ghost armor. It works great but it goes on wet. Whats the big deal with a wet application?
  7.    #7  
    I just really hate putting liquids onto a device... does the Pre REALLY need a screen protector, if kept only in a jeans pocket with nothing else in it? I know my N900 got some scratches before I got the screen protector just from being removed from my pocket, but that seems like less of an issue on the Pre, due to the capacitive touch.
    If you want a nicely (custom) scratched screen that looks like crap in 3 or less months.... don't buy a screen protector. I use Zagg InvisiShield....on my 3rd phone and protector... It IS a pain in the ***** to put on, but it keeps my phone looking new, and the slight tackiness is nice for when you put your phone on a slippery surface such as a dashboard of a car/truck.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I'd say this is the closest you will get:

Skinomi TechSkin - Palm Pre Plus (Dry Install) Skin Protector

I used the non-dry version of Skinomi and the feel of the phone is very good with perfect clarity.
  10.    #10  
    Reviews look pretty negative. I'll probably end up carrying it around for a couple days, and if I see scratches, I'll go for a ghostarmor. :/. That said, almost never leave my phone anywhere other than my pocket or my desk (it'll probably be on a touchstone), so I'm not so sure I really need it. I know I had no issues at all with my G1, and that also has a plastic capacitive screen.
    Boxwave.com offer a couple different options for screen protector (dry application) been pleased with the one I use.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    Reviews look pretty negative. I'll probably end up carrying it around for a couple days, and if I see scratches, I'll go for a ghostarmor. :/. That said, almost never leave my phone anywhere other than my pocket or my desk (it'll probably be on a touchstone), so I'm not so sure I really need it. I know I had no issues at all with my G1, and that also has a plastic capacitive screen.
    you realize dry applications are a lot harder to apply.

really your at no risk using a wet apply skin, personally I say go for phantomskinz. No skin will give the same feel as the screen (unless its a really thin cheapy one)
    pockets are where scratches and gunk come from.

but let me also agree that wet installs are waaaaaayyyy easier.
    When and if I find that screen protector... I'll definitely post the info: That sound good for my pre2.(When I get it) :-D
    Let me say this: I too was worried about the wet install. I've also come to realize that it is a lot of worry about nothing. Just do it when you are sure you can afford to not use your phone for 24 hours. Pull the battery. Install it wet (or have it done for you, which is what I do). Then set it out under a fan with the back off for the next 24 hours. It'll dry out and you're safe to pop the battery back in.
    Author of Exch-Calc, Dog Years, Cat Years and all future creations of Pre-zy Software. Available in the Application Catalog.
    I was using mine within a couple hours with no adverse effects. I put my phone in the window for some sunlight drying and it worked out pretty good.
    Just something to note. Ghost armor gives you free replacements. You just order them online under the warranty. So if it starts coming off you get a new one. If your phone breaks you get a new one. If you just feel like peeling it off and throwing it away you get a new one. Ive gotten 4 new ones already. Every time i returned my pre.