Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I have a problem that has recently has popped up with my touchstone...

To start off I have been using a touchstone + sprint car charger for about a year now with no problem. I havent used it in a few days and have since noticed that once I place my Sprint Pre on the Touchstone the batter current jumps all over the place. I was watching it on Govnah and attached it...

I only have this problem in my car, I have a touchstone next to my bed that works perfectly fine. I even took that same touchstone in my car and brought it in my house and it worked perfectly fine. This is a new touchstone that I bought from Verizon btw... However, I know it is not a touchstone issue because the one that was next to my bed I put it in my car and it is experiencing the very same problem, and I know its not a problem with the charger because I can plug it directly into the microUSB port and the phone charges fine. I even tried a 2nd port in my car and it works fine directly to the USB port.

Here is what I think the problem may be, hopefully I am wrong:

Two days before getting this new touchstone, I was having a problem with the battery not fully charging. I tried Dr. Battery and it helped a little but there was definitely still a problem with it, but I had no problem charging it on my touchstone in my car. I took it to Sprint and they swapped it out and gave me a new one! Definite improvement over the old one, but now I am having problem.

Has there been any change to the battery that could potentially be causing this issue? There were no other changes other than the battery and unfortunately it is the only variable in this equation that I am not able to account for...

Any input would be appreciated. I guess if I have to I can just take it back to Sprint and request a *New* battery, but if there was something done to their batteries that limits the Amperage when connected to a touchstone using a car charger I could potentially run into the same problem...

Heres to hoping that I am wrong about that...

<<Edit>>

Or maybe the Sprint Charger is beginning to fail and it not supplying the proper voltage...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by H Cubed; 10/22/2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Added something...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    The amperage pulled by the Touchstone is higher than what is pulled when you plug the phone directly into the Pre. I would suspect that the car charger does not provide enough juice for the Touchstone.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I would think that too but it was working perfectly fine 3 days ago unless the charger has suddenly started to nosedive in amps...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G