1.    #1  
    For those of you in AUS who have obtained a Touchstone, what is the best method. P&P is the killer - doubles the price. Looks to me like Expansys may be the way to go, but they haven't got them in stock. Any thoughts?
    have you tried ordering them from precentral?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    have you tried ordering them from precentral?
    I did look at it...
    Touchstone Kit - $48.95
    Shipping $46.95
    Might have to go that way.

Expansys $85 if they ever get them
    You can get one on Amazon at the moment for just under 60usd.

Just make sure that you select Amazon as the store, not any of the tohers, eg. Mobile Kings....
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I did look at it...
    Touchstone Kit - $48.95
    Shipping $46.95
    Might have to go that way.

Expansys $85 if they ever get them
    Man that's painful, we need to do some US to AUS underground hookups. As cheap as we get them here, there has to be a cheaper way. That's just robbery!

No good deals on ebay or what?
    Problem solved. I put the VZW bundle up on eBay, with International shipping options. USPS First Class International to AUS is about $20US.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330497672562

And yes, I admit I am making a small bit of profit on this to make it worth my while, but sounds like it still may be a bargain compared to other available options.

Edit:

Note the VZW bundle does not include a Touchstone battery cover. If you need one of those too, add another $20 US to your purchase price and mention in the PayPal comment section that you need one.
    Last edited by Syndil; 11/17/2010 at 07:58 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Problem solved. I put the VZW bundle up on eBay, with International shipping options. USPS First Class International to AUS is about $20US.

Palm Touchstone bundle - w/ car charger and Pre case - eBay (item 330486853945 end time Nov-18-10 22:36:42 PST)

And yes, I admit I am making a small bit of profit on this to make it worth my while, but sounds like it still may be a bargain compared to other available options.

Edit:

Note the VZW bundle does not include a Touchstone battery cover. If you need one of those too, add another $20 US to your purchase price and mention in the PayPal comment section that you need one.
    Sounds interesting. Thanks.
    Hi Johncc,

I was lucky that a colleague happened to be in the US, who brought me my initial TS with batterycover back. I then purchased 2 additional TS chargers from the US over eBay. I believe I paid around AUD100 for the 2 including shipment. Not cheap, but I love my Touchstones, the only thing I still need is an original carcharger, so I can charge the Pre in the car as well.
    Psion 5; 5MX; Tungsten T3; Pre (O2 DE); Pre Plus (Voda DE)
    Ive got the original car charger if you want it.
    It doesnt come with a cable, but i can just pop it in the post?
    I don't have a car so it really doesnt domuch for me on my vespa......
    Apple iPhone (before it was a fashion accessory) -> Palm Pre (O2 UK) -> Palm Pre Plus (AT&T)
    I have some touchstones I may be willing to sell to folks in AUS, PM me if interested- Would be willing to mark as a gift for customs purposes as well.
    Still have 2 more VZW bundles up on my eBay link, if anyone else outside the US needs one. John, you receive yours yet?
  12.    #12  
    Still have 2 more VZW bundles up on my eBay link, if anyone else outside the US needs one. John, you receive yours yet?
    Not yet. But this is probably the earliest it could have been. Impatiently waiting.
    Well it did go out via the cheapest method possible...
  14.    #14  
    Well it did go out via the cheapest method possible...
    It finally got here. Took the best part of a month. And thanks for the additional hard-case and car charger. That was a nice surprise.

I am getting the dreaded 'Touchstone cycling issue' and it is fixed by the business card spacer, so it looks like I will have to do the mod.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-solution.html
    I am very relieved that it finally arrived. I've sold two more--one to France and one to Malaysia. I hope this venture does not bite me in the **** and cause me to receive negative feedback because of the slow shipping! Crossing my fingers.
    I have re-listed the item if anyone else needs a bundle shipped internationally:

Palm Touchstone bundle - w/ car charger and Pre case - eBay (item 330497672562 end time Dec-17-10 05:45:36 PST)

I am charging a bit more this time around. I was making about $10 per bundle sold the first time around... Decided I wanted a little more.
    i bought mine form P|C little expensive but it is more reliable than ebay because if it is faulty then its much harder to get replaced when purchased from there.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)