1.    #1  
    Hello all!

Quick question here: is it safe to overclock on a 500/800 Screenstate while charging on a touchstone? I noticed when I first attempted to, my temp went up too 37! I'm not sure if the device is dropping back down too 500MHz because, although locked, it's screen is still on...
    Any advice? I really just don't want to overheat the device! Is it safer to drop to the "Palm Default" before charging?

Cheers!
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    very safe. When you use screenstate it goes to 500mhz when the screen goes off, even on the touchstone.

you can also try using mode switcher to change settings when on the touchstone.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    very safe. When you use screenstate it goes to 500mhz when the screen goes off, even on the touchstone.

you can also try using mode switcher to change settings when on the touchstone.
    Thanks mate!
    I just wasn't sure because the screen was, you know, on...but locked. I'm still fairly new to how convenient Govnah and UberKernel are.
    However, I have to stay away from mode switcher, it's just to much for me.
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Thanks mate!
    I just wasn't sure because the screen was, you know, on...but locked. I'm still fairly new to how convenient Govnah and UberKernel are.
    However, I have to stay away from mode switcher, it's just to much for me.
    ~Ted
    Actually, the screenstate govnah downclocks to 500mhz on the TS whether screen is on or off, to prevent overheating. Also in govnah's advanced setting you can fiddle with the max temp before the cpu gets clamped, helping to prevent any damage. A temp 37 isn't particularly bad, rather quite fair for if on the TS, especially if using data at the time.

Pip