Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    I recently picked up a new Cisco router, it was cake to set up, has a neat little program to customize all of you options right on your computer, as opposed to a website as I have had to use in the past, and it sets up a guest connection as well which I thought was neat. Also looks pretty sleek if you ask me. Not a ton of experience with other routers but I have been super happy with the connection, wifi on computers and phones.
    which model?
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    At work for Time Warner Cable!
    So that was the problem. She had an AT&T DSL modem (Westall) that was also hiding a router. The IP address conflicted with the Netgear wireless router.

All better now.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/17/2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalNight View Post
    I love my ASUS RT-N16.
    This guy knows whats up. The N16 is hands down the best wireless consumer level router out right now. It has the fastest processor and most RAM and ROM. Has great DD WRT and Tomato open source firmware support and even has 2 USB ports for any configuration of hard drives or printers/etc. It also has excellent range with its 3 antennas.

Best part is that it is only $90 on amazon.

You would have to be mental to buy any router besides this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    Perhaps... but I spent $15 and got a router that does everything I need it to since it is only running my Pre and that's it. "Mental" is in the eye of the beholder.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Perhaps... but I spent $15 and got a router that does everything I need it to since it is only running my Pre and that's it. "Mental" is in the eye of the beholder.
    Well everything is relative but if you need a N router with gigabit ports, the Asus one is a great deal with all the extra features it has.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    16% 1-star reviews on Newegg for various issues. Mental?
    I know they are not very common outside DE but love my AVM 7270. Works perfect with the pre. AVM - DSL, ISDN, Wireless, VoIP Millions of functions (VPN, NAS, VoIP...), very good support, very stable.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    16% 1-star reviews on Newegg for various issues. Mental?
    Most of those are incompetent people trying to use a real mans router and don't know how.

EDIT: I should make it clear that the stock firmware is not very good, that is what most people who gave it negative reviews are using. If they used the Tomato firmware I think they would have a different experience. Asus basically holds your hand when installing an opensource firmware, theres no reason not to do it.
    The reviews I am reading point to issues with the wireless regarding speed and connectivity, using both stock custom firmware.

If yours is working fine for you, that's great, but with 16% negative reviews I would say it's certainly a bit of a stretch to call someone mental for not buying one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12