1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm a pilot and the airplanes cigarette lighter is 24 Volts. Has anyone tried the Verizon car charger with 24 Volts? I thought I could plug in the charger and put a voltmeter on the cable to see what voltage is coming out but the pins are so small I just can't see how I can get a meter on them. So I thought perhaps someone here would know.

Thanks
    Curtis
    Montana
    You can get a micro-usb socket connector from a place like Digi-Key. That would give you access to pins (still small but usable) to measure. If you don't mind sacrificing a usb cable, cut a cable to expose the wires and plug it into the usb port on the adapter. That assumes that both outputs are the same but I don't see why they would not be.

The easy (but expensive) way to do it is get a 24V to 12V adapter from a place like Sporty's.

Ken

PP-ASEL
    You can't use a cellular radio in a plane...the FAA says it will crash! ...I kid, I kid.

I'd go with zrakoplovom on the adapter and /or find a 24v micro usb charger with appropriate output (12v/500mA~1A). Check the voltage settings on the VZW charger itself. If it doesn't say 12v/24v or 12v~24v then do not use it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'm just chuckling at the thought that there are even cigarette lighters IN airplanes. LOL
  5.    #5  
    I can tell you that this charger will work on 24Volts. I put a voltmeter on it with a 24Volt input and got 5Volts out. So I charged it all day while flying and no problems at all!

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...hetypeId=12215

Just thought ya might like to know.

Curtis
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hellonnnewman View Post
    i'm just chuckling at the thought that there are even cigarette lighters in airplanes. Lol
    hahaha:d
    please take a picture. Can you imagine seeing a touchstone in the cockpit of airplanes.

must see!
    I hope you're not planning on texting while flying. Lol.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    He did not mention Touchstone, but that's the only way to go in any ride. Car or plane. Sticking your phone and charging it in a vehicle is the ultimate in "ease of use". It's nice at home. Much more useful in the car. I don't get why Palm does not expand the possibilities of Touchstone in the car. Much more useful in the car than at home.
    I read a ton of post and after going to 2 Verizon stores, a Radio Shack and a battery barn trying to find a compatable cigarette charger, I gave up and just bought a DC/AC converter for 20.00 and crammed it under my console. Kinda stupid. Make the TS a mount for a vehicle. Please!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm2010 View Post
    He did not mention Touchstone, but that's the only way to go in any ride. Car or plane. Sticking your phone and charging it in a vehicle is the ultimate in "ease of use". It's nice at home. Much more useful in the car. I don't get why Palm does not expand the possibilities of Touchstone in the car. Much more useful in the car than at home.
    I read a ton of post and after going to 2 Verizon stores, a Radio Shack and a battery barn trying to find a compatable cigarette charger, I gave up and just bought a DC/AC converter for 20.00 and crammed it under my console. Kinda stupid. Make the TS a mount for a vehicle. Please!

And it's much cooler in the car. lol