Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Has anyone bought an extra battery for their pre and kept it charged as a spare? I was just wondering if it kept the charge while just sitting their and for how long...also if not do they sell external battery charges for pre batteries? I was thinking about doing this so if I forget to charge it at night and ned my phone I could just grab the charged spare and swap them.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve3424 View Post
    Has anyone bought an extra battery for their pre and kept it charged as a spare? I was just wondering if it kept the charge while just sitting their and for how long...also if not do they sell external battery charges for pre batteries? I was thinking about doing this so if I forget to charge it at night and ned my phone I could just grab the charged spare and swap them.
    My mom has three batteries left over from a replacement we received, the one that came with it and one that my brother had when he used a Pre.

That successfully gets her through the day.
    I've been keeping a spare battery charged for some time now. It comes in handy some times. It still keeps a charge after a week. And yes you can get an external battery on amazon. Like this: Amazon.com: for Palm Pre PLUS Pixi Standard Battery AC Wall Charger: Electronics
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I have a whole pile of spare batteries as a result of my Pre Plus conversion, as well as bought a new one from Best Buy during clearance.

I keep them charged up with my bad ESN broken screen Verizon Pre Minus.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    my old centro also makes a nice battery charger...
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Yep, I found some Pre batteries on Amazon for $7 (shipped) a few weeks ago, so picked up a couple (one for me, one for the wife). They do keep their charge (mine was still at 100% after sitting in my bag for a week). I don't find that I *need* it, but I certainly worry a lot less about using juice and running low. And what fun is worrying?
    Sheesh, before, I cringed when I went below 50%...
    I have a spare that I use once a month tops. I always fully charge it before swapping in my regular battery, and even after two months (longest I've gone without using it) it was still sitting at 100% when I needed it.
    have a mugen 1400 and use my original for a spare. Take it with me just in case,,dont need to use it much but it's there if I need it.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I bought a spare on clearance, and have yet another from my Sprint Pre Plus conversion. I keep a charged one with me regularly, using it maybe once a month. I have Touchstones at work, home, and in the car, but it's good to have the extra power when I'm away from those 3.
    I always keep a spare in my car!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    does anyone have that charger posted above from amazon.com? Is it anygood
    yes I have it. Works pretty good. If the nattery is dead takes about 7hrs to charge. It's slow but does the job for the price
    When I purchased my Mugen 1400 October of last year, I charged my stock battery to keep as a spare. I never used it because with the extended battery and touchstone in my car I never needed it. Last month I put it back inside my Pre and to my surprise, after almost a year it still had a 97% charge. Hard to believe.
    When I purchased my Mugen 1400 October of last year, I charged my stock battery to keep as a spare. I never used it because with the extended battery and touchstone in my car I never needed it. Last month I put it back inside my Pre and to my surprise, after almost a year it still had a 97% charge. Hard to believe.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    i've had one major side effect. I use the phone throughout the school and work day. Swapping batteries forces me to open the back cover and now my ts back cover has cracks and some of the hooks have broken. Heads up
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    my old centro also makes a nice battery charger...
    Mine too...I bought a few Centro batteries awhile back on ebay for $4 each and always have one within reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    have a mugen 1400 and use my original for a spare. Take it with me just in case,,dont need to use it much but it's there if I need it.
    Same for me.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    hehe i have plenty of extra pre batteries. I have my 2600 if i know im going to be without a charger for awhile say for a long car trip and 3 extra regular pre batteries. I mostly use the smaller batteries during the week because it doesn't add the extra bulk of the extended battery and make the pre looking like a fat *****. If im going out during the week i don't have enough time to charge the battery before going out so i just grab a fresh one before walking out the door. btw i use my old treo wall charger to charge the pre batteries and it works just fine. So i'd have to say extra batteries are a must with the pre especially if its overclocked. :-)
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1