Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Just received my 2600 seidio extened battery. I ran Dr. Battery and the battery reads 2300, I've read that a few batteries are like this. I've brought it to Seidios attention n they have said that the 300mah missing was for standby time.

I am curious can anyone with this battery send a pic that shows the full capacity of 2600 mah?

I've also just calibrated my battery and now after the calibration says my battery max is 2286 mah, is this correct?
    As of now they all reported 2300. 2286 seems to be OK for a 2300 Battery.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    That's what I had thought, asking for pics or proof to show that a 2600 is really a 2600. I still think it's possiable that the 300Mah missing is for standby.

For example you buy a 16 Gb memory card, but when you put into computer to format you have, 15.5Gb lets say. The loss .5 gb had to go somewhere.

I'm on my 4th day of use and was only able to calibrate the bettery 1 time. The past 2 days have been to full charge, (wed n thurs), fri I calibrated took nearly 5 hours, and so far I'm getting easily 9 hours. Should I expect more hours of time when I calibrate the battery a few more times?
    My Mugen 1400 HAS 1389,85mAh. No need for "standby" ;-)
    But still your battery doubles the runtime of a palm.
    As Jp99 once speculated: Connect two std. 1150 together and you get 2300.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    The battery is fine, I'm getting a solid 9 hours with moderate use, I'd like to see if I can get a full 24 hours or more, curious how long before I see such results, running since 6:30 now 10:50, I'm now at 50%, 2 podcasts listened too, each over 1 hour, aim on all day, but 45 minutes of active use, 16 emails sent, that's about it and now at 10:54 I have 54% battery life left. Not bad, but not 2 days worth of battery life and this is moderate or light use for me.

I'm usually a lot more active on the phone, games n net n doing many things at 1 time.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    somline, Great job on Dr.Battery works great. Thank U
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    Just received my 2600 seidio extened battery. I ran Dr. Battery and the battery reads 2300, I've read that a few batteries are like this. I've brought it to Seidios attention n they have said that the 300mah missing was for standby time.
    Seidio's definition of standby time:

"Standby, we need some time to come up with a good excuse so people don't think that we are ripping them off!"
    So this time it's not the interface. Now it's called "standby".
    What's next?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I've fully charged my phone 3 times since owning the phone (charging from remaining battery life) and I've Only Calibrated the battery Once.

I know I'm suppose to Calibrate the battery a few times, with doing this will the hours of the battery increase?
    I know I'm suppose to Calibrate the battery a few times, with doing this will the hours of the battery increase?
    What do you mean by calibrate? You don't need to calibrate it with Dr.Battery more than once (normally).
    If you mean train the battery as suggested by the manufacturer, yes they say 4-5 times. Discharge until 10-20% and charge 8 to 12 hours.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    So thats it to drain the battery to 10 - 20% than fully charge for 8 hours?

When i spoke with seidio they had told to calibrate, to drain to 0 and let it fully charge from there for 8 hours.

If i may ask, whay does Training the Battery do? Im guessing the phone starts to recognize that the battery has a longer life (more voltage and mah and such) and that the phone adapts to the new battery. Just a guess.

Please explain if you may Training The Battery.

Thank you for your time and for your help
    My info was from Mugen. If seidio told you down to 0 and 8 hours then do it this way.
    What seidio calls calibrate I would name training but I don't know what it will do.
    I did train my Mugen. I calibrated with Dr.Battery in the first charge and the 5' charge.
    Nothing has changed.
    But I have heard that a LiIon Battery needs to be "trained" in the first charges.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    please explaim how training the battery is different than fully charging the battery from a previous charge?
    please explaim how training the battery is different than fully charging the battery from a previous charge?
    There are different schools of thought on this. Some manufacturers say that you need to completely charge/discharge the battery a few times to get its full potential.

The article below from BatteryUniversity.com says that no "training" is needed.

Charging Lithium-ion batteries

Preparing new lithium-ion for use

Unlike nickel and lead-based batteries, a new lithium-ion pack does not need cycling through charging and discharging. Priming will make little difference because the maximum capacity of lithium-ion is available right from the beginning. Neither does a full discharge improve the capacity of a faded pack.
    The following statement from the article confirms that periodic calibration is needed (at least that's the way I understand it.)

However, a full discharge/charge will reset the digital circuit of a 'smart' battery to improve the state-of-charge estimation.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    ok, very cool. That explains a bit. I was just running Battery Monitor n it told me 108 hours of battery life with .89% drain an hour. Do you think this could be correct?
    ok, very cool. That explains a bit. I was just running Battery Monitor n it told me 108 hours of battery life with .89% drain an hour. Do you think this could be correct?
    Yes, but remember, it all depends on how much you use the phone. Also, 0.89% drain an hour on a 2300 mAh battery is different than 0.89% drain an hour on an 1150 mAh battery. I think people may get confused if they focus on the % drain an hour because it varies with the battery size.

Somline could probably explain it better since he created Dr. Battery, one of the most useful apps in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Yes he has Created a brilliant app. So far after 2 hours no use, I'm still at 100%. I didn't take into consideration of just letting the phone sit and see how long the battery actually lasts.

Of course .89% drain is going to be different on a 2600mah battery when compared to a equal drain of an 1150 stock battery. As you have said, I agree that people can become confused be this diffrence in battery operation.

I myself am learning a bit about this process and thank you everyone for helping educate me on this subject.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    currently 0.27% drain, and 350.50 hours of life remaining. If true, just incrediiable
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Ok now I'm seeing the Battery work , just did an 8 hour shift and only 10% was depleted. Can't believe I was at 90% battery even with some use of the pre. That's just incredible. I've never expeeianced that before.

the battery scale in Govnah, how does that work? The default is 25. Is a higher number (50-80) better or worst for the battery?

If I change the battery setting in govnah what happens overall?
    the battery scale in Govnah, how does that work? The default is 25. Is a higher number (50-80) better or worst for the battery?

If I change the battery setting in govnah what happens overall?
    I'm not that familiar with battery settings in govnah. Govnah is used with overclocking and I'm not overclocking my Pre at the moment.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast