1.    #1  
    Verizon is selling Palm leather sleeves for dirt cheap. Interestingly, at $2.97, the Pre sleeve is actually cheaper than the Pixi sleeve ($4.97).

Palm Pre Leather Sleeve

Price includes overnight shipping. Verizon seems to assume that everything they ship is a phone, so you will have to sign for it or FedEx won't deliver it.
    You know why the Pre sleeve case is so cheap? Because the new Palm Pre 2 is not going to fit in it because it is going to be a bigger Palm Pre.

There you go! You guys want more prove that the new Pre 2 will have a bigger screen? This should be all you need.
    I don't really understand why people would want to use those slip sleeves. Seems like a lot more stress on the phone, especially with the Pre's slider, plus makes it a lot harder to answer the phone quickly and not really easier to carry like a belt clip slip/case.

I mean if they're trying to store it among other things that could scratch it then it makes sense but just for carrying it around it seems odd.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I mean if they're trying to store it among other things that could scratch it then it makes sense but just for carrying it around it seems odd.
    I got one for my Pixi to put it in when I am doing things that might put the phone at a higher risk of getting dropped or dirty, like hiking in the woods or something. Plus at the price VZW is selling them for, it's pretty hard to make a convincing argument for not buying one, IMO.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I don't really understand why people would want to use those slip sleeves. Seems like a lot more stress on the phone, especially with the Pre's slider, plus makes it a lot harder to answer the phone quickly and not really easier to carry like a belt clip slip/case.

That's the idea, my girlfriend just tosses her Pre into her bag with everything else in it. The sleeve is the only reason why her Pre is still relatively scratch free (she still drops it ). The sleeve that came with her Pre is actually holding up pretty well still, but this would be a nice 'upgrade'.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    I just ordered one for a buddy of mine because he used his stock sleeve religiously until he lost it last week. It was cool to be able to order a gift for a friend without having to sweat the price. It'll be worth way more than $3 to him as a gesture.
    been using this and it's pretty good. Nice quality leather. It's sturdy but ar the same time it is harder to get the phone out of it.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanks Syndil! I just ordered one.