1.    #1  
    http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Pres...ving-3423.aspx

Will the S10-HD really be sweat proof? Will they really not lose connection when outdoors?

My S9-HD definitely were not. Loved the sound, but sweat ended them. also that annoying outdoors connection issue.

Due out end of October. I'll be getting them ASAP as I hate wires when working out.

I'll post back after I workout with them for a couple of weeks.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Niiice, these look tight. I've been looking for something really nice after my Plantronics Backbeat 906s died. I'll be looking for these when they launch!

Did a little more reading into it and followed a spec sheet link on there, and noticed this-

S10-HD uses advanced materials like hydrophobic acoustic mesh in a lightweight, sweat-proof design. The new ear cushion interface protects the speaker from sweat, and silicone seals protect electrical components throughout the headphones. To reduce exposure to moisture, all buttons are co-molded and the micro-USB charging cover is molded to the headphones housing with a water-proof plug.
    I'm wondering just how far their waterproof claim goes. It sounds like they went to some great lengths to seal them. I believe my Backbeats' power button may have died from water as I used them when I did dishes at work a lot, so that would be awesome. It'd be insane if they were truly waterproof though, like certified to 5 or 10 meters depth. I have heard of wireless headsets that are for swimming, though. Not for $80 though, ha!
    Last edited by azumak; 10/05/2010 at 05:41 AM. Reason: more info!
  3.    #3  
    take note that the claims are "sweat proof" and "water resistant". When they discuss water proofing, they are actually referring to the "sweat proof" claim.
    my S9 HDs definitely outlasted my 6 pairs of regular S9s I went through under warranty replacement (in the end they gave me the S9 HDs for ree), but the mic doesn't work anymore and the buttons don't really work either (fortunately they're stuck on max volume so at least I can control volume with my phone). Hope the S10s are better
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    So I decided to test out the Rocketfish BTHP headset for a couple weeks til the S10s come out. About $62, they're actually really nice. The are similar in design to the Motorola S series, and it actually syncs to my headphone Plantronics 906 adapter, surprising! I'll post more info on it later, it may be of interest to you guys
    That's odd. I've had my HT820's (the predecessor to the s9's) for over 4 years now? the padding is starting to rip and they look a little beat up, but they're still going strong.

Those things were built like a tank. I really don't like the form factor of these s9's (and now s10's). I wish they updated the HT820's. I'd go for that.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I got mine a couple of days ago, and so far I haven't had a bit of a problem with them.

When I went outside with the S9's on, I'd loose connectivity if I turned my head the wrong way, I've not experienced that at all with the S10's.

Also the S9's seemed to be a bit more tempermental when pairing them to my Palm Pre- again, not so with the S10's.

Overall, I'd highly recommend them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdmc View Post
    I got mine a couple of days ago, and so far I haven't had a bit of a problem with them.

When I went outside with the S9's on, I'd loose connectivity if I turned my head the wrong way, I've not experienced that at all with the S10's.

Also the S9's seemed to be a bit more tempermental when pairing them to my Palm Pre- again, not so with the S10's.

Overall, I'd highly recommend them.
    Thats fantastic news! Do you keep your phone in your pocket when you go out side? Had the S9's and the HD's but i just gave up and went with the KLIPSCH IMAGE S4.
    not great reviews looks like i am holding off till the next gen
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Thats fantastic news! Do you keep your phone in your pocket when you go out side? Had the S9's and the HD's but i just gave up and went with the KLIPSCH IMAGE S4.
    Yes, in my front pocket... no problems at all. The only thing I didn't like about it is the on/off toggle switch is a bit hard to press... but that's my only complaint.
    Hows the sound? The reviews on best buy mentioned that it wasnt as good as the s9's
  12.    #12  
    I finally picked up my pair over a week ago. Used them for exercising, working, driving. Love the sound, not sure why people say they aren't as good as S9, seem the same to me - great! New design seems built to keep sweat out, just don't try the SCUBA, Reuben.
    I see pandas.
  13. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I got the S-10's last week and am a big fan of them as I was of the S-9. The device is definitely more sturdy and seems more resistant to abuse. The ear-pieces don't come off as easily which was a problem with the previous models. The bluetooth connection is definitely more robust.
    Hey,
    I read that these are really sweat proof.
    Can you confirm that this is true?

Also, what's the volume like? I'd like to use it with the Pre Plus.
    See below.

The other issue relates to the volume of the S10-HD. Some devices surrender control of volume to the Bluetooth headset, and both the iPad and Bold 9700 behaved this way with the S10-HD. In both cases I found that the minimum volume did not go low enough for all use-cases I would envisage for the headset. I actually thought that the unit Motorola had sent me was faulty but the second one they sent had identical volume levels. I then paired the S10-HD to a Samsung Epic 4G and this issue was not present, since the Epic 4G allows you to control the master volume from the phone when connected to a Bluetooth headset. Whether this is a problem for you will depend upon your cellphone and how loud you like to listen to music. If your cellphone allows you to control music volume on the phone when connected to a stereo Bluetooth headset then this will probably not be an issue for you at all.
    Motorola S10-HD stereo Bluetooth headphones review theONbutton
  14. 27
    I read that the bass you hear depends on the earpieces you use.

While it would appear that the different earpiece sizes just impact upon comfort, they actually have a profound impact upon the sound characteristics of the headset. At a basic level, the larger earpieces produce significantly more bass than the smaller ones.
    Can you control the volume from the phone or only from the headset?
  15. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I'm using the headphones with an iPhone 3GS which allows volume control via the phone or the headset. Volume via the phone is much more convenient because the headset buttons are flush and are hard to push.
    Have you used the S10 with a Palm Pre?
    i no this thread is old but i just wanted to say that i bought the motorola s10-hd's last week and they are awsome, the only problem was that they were not very loud so i looked through preware and installed the bluetooth headset volume boost patch and its much better now, thankyou for that patch , any1 else lovin this bluetooth headset with this patch?
  17.    #17  
    @n00bftw

Thanks for reviving. I personally have not had any issues with volume. I wear them while mowing lawn, and still have good sound at either max or 1 notch down from max volume.

Sweat proof? Heck yeah! I wear them running and sweat plenty, they are working great!
    I see pandas.
    do you use the bluetooth media volume patch if not i recomend it especially if your mowing the lawn haha thos things get hella loud.
    im gna be using them for workin out im just a bit worried they will get in the way while bench pressing ohh well i guess ill just have to keep my head at a certain point haha, which earpieces out of the 4 do u find the loudest an with the most base?
    Last edited by n00bftw; 06/11/2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: spelling
    ?
  20.    #20  
    Yeah one thing these aren't good for is laying your head down with them on, not comfortable.

I picked the buds for fit, never tried all 4 for sound differences.
    I see pandas.