Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the best protection for a palm pre plus? In terms of scratches and also dropping and such. Is there one protection that is better than others? e.g. hard cases vs plastic protectors.

Thank you!
    Hi forcedlogic, and Welcome to the P|C forums!

Hard cases will offer you the best over all protection, but I use PhantomSkinz and they work great. Because I have a TouchStone back, I only use the front skin. It is smooth, clear, easy to put on (if you take your time and follow the directions) and keeps the device from getting scratched and me from having to wipe fingerprints off of it all the time.
    i use phantom skins because i got two front covers for 10 bucks and they are alot easier than the zagg invisashield protectors
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Welcome to Pre|Central, forcedlogic!

I've heard a lot of good things about Phantom Skins screen protectors. The Zagg Invisishield is also pretty nice, but it feels think and somewhat sticky (in my opinion).

I do not have much experience with cases, so someone else will need to chime in about that.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Welcome to Pre|Central, forcedlogic!

I've heard a lot of good things about Phantom Skins screen protectors. The Zagg Invisishield is also pretty nice, but it feels think and somewhat sticky (in my opinion).

I do not have much experience with cases, so someone else will need to chime in about that.
    you should try the skin man !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you should try the skin man !!
    No need really. I don't use my Pre that much anymore since I don't have service lol...
    what ??? why no service ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    abstinence lol just kidding, the hard cases are nice, I actually prefer the invishields or the skinits form fitting stickers with a screen protector though myself
    what ??? why no service ??
    Had to cancel the account almost a year ago due to financial problems. Still haven't been able to get back on my feet yet, so I've been using a pre-paid service...
    aww man !! and your doing all these patches and stuff too !! thats really kool of you dude ! i will pray that stuff gets better quick for you !! ok?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    aww man !! and your doing all these patches and stuff too !! thats really kool of you dude ! i will pray that stuff gets better quick for you !! ok?
    I still like making patches lol... Even if I don't really benefit from them anymore. It's my main hobby right now lol
  12.    #12  
    So will hard cases really protect from a drop on something hard...or just soft surfaces for that matter are you also saying hard cases will not charge via the stone?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I was tempted to say condom but then I looked what section this was in >.<

In my experience with hardcases and plastic protectors and such, they all pretty much protect your phone well from scratches. Hard cases for the falls. It basically boils down to which do you personally prefer. Could it be the fat hard casing you would have around your Pre+, or the thin plastic?

My personal solution to this dilemma was that I got a belt case. Its soft, but protects the phone from falls when its in the case, if for some reason it falls off of your belt. It also protects from scratches while in the case. Just take care of it while u have it out of the case and all should be well.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I personally just use a generic screen protector that I cut to size. They are are 5 for $5 at Wal-Mart and I get 10 of them out of the pack as they are about double the size you need for the palm pre. I use a belt case to keep it with me and it helps to prevent falls and scratching. Care and caution are probably the best protection you can have but accidents do happen. Welcome to the forums.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I personally just use a generic screen protector that I cut to size. They are are 5 for $5 at Wal-Mart and I get 10 of them out of the pack as they are about double the size you need for the palm pre. I use a belt case to keep it with me and it helps to prevent falls and scratching. Care and caution are probably the best protection you can have but accidents do happen. Welcome to the forums.
    My friend has an iPhone with an OtterBox case. I was wondering if anyone has found anything similar? I'd like a case/screen protector combo, but I guess I could just get a case and then get a screen protector. I have seen a BodyGlove. Those are neat.
    phantom skins screen protectors are my fav , you normally get two front cover for like 10 bucks . not bad and they are easier then the zagg invisashield.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Skinomi is what I've got now. I love the look/feel/protection, and the customer service will bend over backwards to make you happy.
    i'm using a wrapsol ultra for my Pre Plus. Really excellent feel, and it truly does protect against scratches, dings and bumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by eighty2 View Post
    My friend has an iPhone with an OtterBox case. I was wondering if anyone has found anything similar? I'd like a case/screen protector combo, but I guess I could just get a case and then get a screen protector. I have seen a BodyGlove. Those are neat.
    How about the Otterbox for the Pre?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast