Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just ordered one from Zagg.com. Was gonna wait but they were on sale for $3.75. I've heard good and bad, but was concerned about some people saying that you still have to replace them every few months due to discoloration, and that they have a "sticky" feel to them.

Any opinions from those who use them? Are they really THAT hard to apply? Would you buy one again?
    Come play with my Twitter.
    they are the best. I recco going to a zagg kiosk in the mall to get apolied. Well worth it. Where did you get it for 375?
    I've never heard any issues with discoloration. Maybe they are talking about the rainbow effect that can happen under direct sunlight or if wearing polarized lenses?

I wouldn't call it "sticky" it is definitely tacky. It will make it harder to slide against surfaces but from the point of view of touchscreen use there isn't much difference.
    Longtime touchscreen user. Invisashield really annoying and makes the phone look ghetto fast. I had one installed at a zagg store. I peeled it off a month later and gone naked since. Orange peel surface irritating.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    they are the best. I recco going to a zagg kiosk in the mall to get apolied. Well worth it. Where did you get it for 375?
    In the link I put in the original post, on Zagg's official site. Just the front cover for $3.75. Not really worried about scuffing the Touchstone back cover.

Is there a way to locate Zagg kiosks in malls? I googled mine and didn't find anything for my area. That was my first choice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Longtime touchscreen user. Invisashield really annoying and makes the phone look ghetto fast. I had one installed at a zagg store. I peeled it off a month later and gone naked since. Orange peel surface irritating.
    So you wouldn't recommend anything else in instead? I just don't feel safe with it bouncing around in my pocket and I hate wearing pouches (even though I have one on as I type this). I was also considering getting the SPE leather pouch featured on the PreCentral store for some added pocket protection, seems to have gotten some excellent reviews.
    a little carnauba wax keeps it slick. I find that the edges peel up and trap dirt if if I keep it in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    The edges collecting dirt is the only problem with any skin. I use an AGP GRT case on top, which covers most of that edge, holding everything down nice and tight. Some filing of the case is needed, as has been noted on the AGP case thread, but they make a great combo for protection.

EDIT: I have had the first skin on my Pre for 11 months and it is still crystal clear! The screen had a few scratches before I put on the skin and I can only barely see them if I look hard.

It's too bad they don't offer the same $4 price on the Pre Plus model. Full $14 price just for the difference of a hole punch...
    Last edited by BigGP; 09/23/2010 at 08:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Got mine early Aug 09 at Best Buy and had them put the shield on. Still looks good and has saved me numerous sctatches. One corner starting to come off but was a great investment.
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I used Zagg for several devices but always found them sticky to touch. Just tried Phantom Skinz and LOVE it! comes with two skins for price of one. Easy to install and feels ALMOST as good as naked!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    no don't do it! Get ghost armor.. Seriously good quality, no sticky feel, you cant even tell that it's on there.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ja-fortte.html

I've gone with phantomskinz based on this post and have been happy.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Ok man, I've used the Invisable shield a few times and still do. 1st time I had on my pre I sent in for repair and it was great. 2nd I had on my current pre and I used it to demonstrate how tough and lightit is, so I scratched up the shield a bit, yes it will scracth if you apply proper pressure. I had key scratches running 1 - 2 inches long and 1/2 inch deep and guess what no scratch on the pres screen when I had removed the invisableshield. I'm on my 3rd and I plan to be for a long time.

Many people have a problem with the installation process n say it's difficult to install. Truth is man if uve got some time n patience ull have a great install. The install is only as hard as one makes it. True at 1st ur screen will feel a bit sticky, give it 2 or 3 days and the scrren wil go back to what you know.

Important things to know.

1. Keep ur fingers wet this will prevent fingerprints from appearing on the inside of the shield.

2. The solution is water based if you run out, just fill with water you should have enough left over for 2 - 3 refills of solution.

3. Give time to let the shield adhere, yes you may have to hold corners in place for a few minutes, but it's nothing of any real effort.

4. Get rid of any air bubbles, very small ones will breath out, larger ones ull need to sqeeze out usually with the card/squegee that comes with it.

They say let sit overnight, no need give about 1 hour or so and it'll be on tight. I play with my pre n use it while I wait for corners to adhere, just make sure ur lined up properly and uve removed all dust n prints with the cloth provided.

it's nothing hard, just takes some time.

hope I helped. I wouldn't use anything else to protect my pre or my wifes digital camera.
    I have tried them all and this one gives the best results by far. Skinomi may not be well known but this is a great clear cover. There is no stickyness but is not obviously as smooth as no cover at all. Basically any cover you get is gonna stick more than just the bare screen. Here is the link

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Palm Pre + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Gateway
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I used to use Invisible Shield for everything! I don't like them much now -they DO get a discoloration to a brownish tint -you'll notice it on an ipod back especially where it was silver!

I use Bodyguardz now!!! For 5$ less, you get TWO, got that? TWO (2) full covers!!! They allow you to have the extra in case you have to replace the device or whatever and then you can order a new one for only a few dollars & send the used one back in!!! It's amazing! PLUS!! They give you 20% off ALL FUTURE PURCHASES if you register with them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    I have tried them all and this one gives the best results by far. Skinomi may not be well known but this is a great clear cover. There is no stickyness but is not obviously as smooth as no cover at all. Basically any cover you get is gonna stick more than just the bare screen. Here is the link

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Palm Pre + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Gateway
    I have to agree. I bought my Skinomi specifically because it came with lifetime replacements. I've had mine for 8 months now, and it's been on two phones and it is amazing! Someone else posted some tips on how to put it on and I cannot stress enough MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS WET, THE PHONE, YOUR FINGERS, EVERYTHING! If you don't keep your fingers wet they will transfer your prints to the underside of the skin which is HIGHLY annoying. It is absolutely worth every penny, I've literally taken a key to my Skinomi and it didn't leave a mark, not even a little. And, I've noticed, after a while I didn't even notice the skin. At first I was pushing too hard thinking I had to but you really don't. If anything, I think my phone is more sensitive than it was before. Love Skinomi, would absolutely recommend.
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    Agreed. Skinomi is what I have. Never ever, ever, ever had a screen protector better than this for any phone.

when you can't even tell you have it on, I'd say that it's a good screen protector.
    I've had a Verizon Pre + since launch and applied the Invisibleshield on day 1.

I also had one on my centro and my treo before that.

My Pre+ still looks as good as it did the day I got it.

I bought an Invisibleshield for my wife's Pixi+ and for our two digital cameras.

Invisibleshield has free lifetime replacements, you just have to mail back the one you remove.

I have noticed when looking through sunglasses at my Pre mounted on a touchstone in my vehicle, the screen looks hazy and brownish. Since I've had the Invisibleshield on since I got the Pre, I didn't know if it was the Pre's screen or the Invisibleshield that caused this.

I haven't had any discoloration or peeling of the corners others have mentioned. Overall, I'm very happy with the performance of all my Invisibleshields.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I bought my pre used and it already had the invisibleshield installed, however, I did not like the feel (tacky/sticky) and thought it was probably due to it being old. So I ordered another one and installed it. It was the same. I ended up getting the bodygrardz, and really like it. It looks clearer and dosent have that stick feeling that the invisibleshield did.
    I have a InvisibleShield and it feels fine and looks fine. It also has a lifetime warranty.

My only issue is on the corners of the Pre. Because they are SO rounded it is a challange to get the shield on just right. It requires pateince.
    Dirt starts getting under the edge of the corner pieces. Its kind of annoying. The top looks great but the corners dont. Im thinking of getting a replacement and just cutting those corner covers. If it werent for Murphys law I would have done it awhile ago.
  20.    #20  
    I forgot to ask, what do you all recommend for cleaning the Pre before I apply the InvisibleSHIELD? I was planning on wiping it down with a microfiber cloth, like the ones people use for eye glasses. Wasn't sure the "best" way to get it spotless so I didn't trap fingerprints/oils.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast