Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Well, woke up this morning and it still looks like **** with way too many bubbles. ZAGG says not to re-apply after it's been on so long. Wonder if I can get a replacement based on not installing it properly. Don't really want to have to buy a whole other one.

I also read online on some random forum someone saying that if you just leave it on eventually all the bubbles will work themselves out, even over a weeks time. Don't know if I really want to leave it on that long to see. I also read that Best Buys do installations, maybe I can get a replacement and call Best Buy and see if they'll do it even if I don't buy it there.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    ever tried Skinomi Shadavis08?
    never even seen one of them in the store for sale .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if you have any large bubbles then replace it but if it is the real tiny ones give it a day or tw.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    not to hijack. Installed Skinomi last night. Put her back together this morning. Looks gorgeous. Feels good. Slight tacky but it's getting better. No bubbles. And it's resisting finger prints and what not. Hope you have as good of luck with yours!

I didn't buy it in a store. Got it on Amazon.com for about $10. Lifetime replacements...
  5.    #45  
    I'm jealous.
    don't be. It's a learning experience. It's only been one day. Keep updating and post some pics, it may get better.
    oh and the tackiness is all gone.
    I installed my phantom skins with he same results. Perfect .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I will also speak up about Skinomi. I recommend it.
    hows it holding up Ultra?
  11.    #51  
    It... might look better. Obviously not enough to make too much of a difference. Whined about it on Twitter and a ZAGG employee tweeted at me to wait 48 hours. We'll see if it looks like it's making any progress by tomorrow evening or not.

I tried to take a picture but I couldn't get any that weren't blurry, or too dark. I'm worried the ZAGG guy thinks that by "bubbles" I mean the little micro bubbles or whatever from moisture, which is not the case.

I wish I would have known that Best Buy does installs on these before I attempted it myself. Thought it was just random mall kiosks.
    don't sweat it man I messed mine up when I did the install. I washed my hands quite well and did everything by the book, and still got 'trash' under the Skinomi. Whatev
    er
  14.    #54  
    Yeah, still not satisfied with my bubble progress this morning. Braden, you went with the wet Skinomi, correct? Is there a reason you opted for that over the no-water option? Have you heard bad things about the no-water?
    in my experience the 'no water' doesn't have a clean a look. Bubbles and whatnot. Honestly it was easy as pie and looks gorgeous. I'll post a pic on here when I get a minute.

looks as good as the day i bought it minus the lil piece of trash that got caught by the ear piece...
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Braden- Using the rating system from this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ja-fortte.html

a. Installation . . . 1-5
    b. Quality . . . . . . 1-5
    c. Feel . . . . . . . . 1-5
    d. Fitment . . . . . . 1-5
    e. Orange Peel . . . 1-5

How would you rate skinomi?
    installation...5
    quality.........4
    feel.............5
    fitment.........5
    orange peel...4
    12 days since the install. sides are starting to lose grip and pull up near the bottom. tackiness is all gone. al in all it is awesome. minus the sides starting to peel away. i think its my fault due to not having it perfectly lined up when i installed. i will post pics tonight or tomorrow. still very happy. no scratches, no problems (minus the shoddy install).
    phantom skins rule !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast