Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    I forgot to ask, what do you all recommend for cleaning the Pre before I apply the InvisibleSHIELD? I was planning on wiping it down with a microfiber cloth, like the ones people use for eye glasses. Wasn't sure the "best" way to get it spotless so I didn't trap fingerprints/oils.
    I definitely used windex before I put mine on. My Skinomi came with a spray that you had to wet the screen with, I found wetting the sticky side of the Skinomi worked better, as well. And, just for reference, if you don't like the protector you bought give Skinomi a try, there is nothing tacky in the slightest and no issues with glare or clarity in the car.
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    I forgot to ask, what do you all recommend for cleaning the Pre before I apply the InvisibleSHIELD? I was planning on wiping it down with a microfiber cloth, like the ones people use for eye glasses. Wasn't sure the "best" way to get it spotless so I didn't trap fingerprints/oils.
    Microfibers are great, and usually will get everything. if that doesn't quite get all the grease off, a little bit of mild soap soaked into a damp paper towel should do the trick. The Pre's surface is durable, you just don't want the moisture getting through the cracks where it shouldn't.
    I have an Zagg on mine, and before I installed it, I made a few modifications:

1. Cut the 4 corner "straps" off. Rounded the cut so it wouldnt catch on anything. Did this because I felt these would be the most likely to peel off and only covered the corners which I didnt really care for anyways.
    2. Enlarged the battery cutout.

Im not sure why my specific Zagg was so badly fit on mine, but whatever. If you take your time and get everything wet and be patient with the sides, youll be fine. My 2nd attempt at an install turned out perfect and now has multiple cuts from my keys and whatnot, but the real screen is fully intact and scratchless, so it did its job.

I wish that I actually enlarged the earhole more as well before installing, as thats a dust trap if ive ever seen one. Corners are really bad for dust too, I cant imagine if I had those strap things still on. As well, it seemed that my cover "stretched" a bit and how overlaps over the edge on both sides even thought it was fine when I first installed it. Maybe I should order a replacement?
    Best screen protector on the market...period.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I've applied Best Skins Ever skins to six devices now and have had perfect results every time with little effort. Because BSE doesn't make a skin for my wife's new Android (yeah I know, I tried) I had to go with an Invisible Shield from ZAGG and let me tell you... it was a f**king nightmare.

Whereas the BSE uses a simple water-based adhesion method that gives you more than enough time to slide the skin into place and get things just right, theirs uses a strong adhesive that immediately cements itself to the device and will not budge. I was not at all prepared for how little margin of error I would have.

Plus, they give you this spray bottle full of solution to wet the thing down... hey guess what a spray bottle produces a lot of? BUBBLES!!! Which you then have to squeegee out from under the skin, but you can't because the thing is stuck like flypaper to the device so the bubbles can't get out. It sucked tremendously, and I will never make that mistake again.

Anyway, that's just my experience.

ron
    Best Skins Ever on my pre. I've had that brand on several ipods and I've applied to friend's phones (LG Dares). Easy to apply, feels great. The best way to do the corners is after doing the screen and getting the bubbles out, let the corners dry a bit then one at a time press down and then put the corner of the pre into the palm of your hand against the corner hold for a little bit and then do the same with the other corners. Worked perfect! I saw that on a how to install video for another brand of shield.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  7.    #27  
    Well, got it in the mail today. You guys weren't lying it is a ***** to get installed. I did my best but I'm still worried I may have bubbles that refuse to die. It says wait 12 to 24 hours for the bubbles to dissipate, so I guess I'll see later tonight/tomorrow.

I wish there was a kiosk in my local mall so I didn't have to deal with this part.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    didnt have a problem with bubbles on the Skinomi. had to reposition it twice while it was wet, and didnt have any problems doing so, even after i pushed all the fluid out from underneath. u saw it, she is drying now. it will be kinda cool to compare each afterwards. oh and i use this for cleaning my whole pre, front to back.

$2.00 - Walmart
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    i like the phantom skins , you can get 2 front covers for 9.95 its the best deal i know of and eaisier to put on !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ever tried Skinomi Shadavis08?
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    ...I use Bodyguardz now!!! For 5$ less, you get TWO, got that? TWO (2) full covers!!! They allow you to have the extra in case you have to replace the device or whatever and then you can order a new one for only a few dollars & send the used one back in!!! It's amazing! PLUS!! They give you 20% off ALL FUTURE PURCHASES if you register with them!!!
    Yup! I'm a HUGE fan of the BodyGuardz skins. I trim the flaps off & cut a fraction off the entire perimeter (helps with limiting dirt collection & peeling). Also really simplifies install. I had a zagg, mall kiosk installed, for about 3 weeks...ripped it off, wadded it & pitched it. Just not even on the same level. Love the BodyGuardz!
    I just got 10 screen covers on Ebay for only $3.80 w/ free shipping...Yes the InvisiShield MAY be better but I think I'll try the cheap ones first ...just look up Palm Pre Screen Cover if you wanna look for yourself!
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I have just double layered my Pre with InvisiableShield, I've had no worries about scratching my screen before.

However when using the Pres original back cover it was so slick I would drop my pre accidentally.

Should my Pre ever fall I know I don't have to worry about screen damage. Yes the touch screen is still responsive as it was before and having installed the InvisableShield a few times before, this installation was a cake walk.

All anyone needs is some time and patience.
    double layered? and i thought i was cautious...
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Yeah man, i dont drop my phone anymore, but theres nothing like having some added protection. Besides that ive only got 2 more replacements with Asurion so i find it best to make each phone last.

The screen is Great as it was original without the shields, but now should the phone be dropped i know i dont have to worry about the sreen busting.

We all know when the screen goes the phone goes, usually when beyond repair.
    so how much does a screen protector really protect from impacts?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Before I had the Touchstone Back, when using my original pres back cover, when I'd be typing 1 handed, I'd lose grip a bit, as we know the original back is sleek. So I've dropped my phone 2 times then and only once did I have hairline cracks (this was without any shield).

So I figure with the durability of the Invisableshield and it's dextarity that after seeing all the test videos, and even testing a previous shield myself ( I had 1/2 inch deep scratches on the shield 1 - 2 inches long and I'd drop my
    phone to show just how well the shield held up, when demonstrating to coworkers n friends and the Pres screen was in perfect shape.

Now these were my experiances with the invisableShield and it's the reason I've decided to have added protection n no risk of screen damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    so how much does a screen protector really protect from impacts?
    I don't really drop my phone that much but I put it in my pocket...sometimes near change or keys and it keeps the actual screen from being scratched...the biggest reason that I get screen covers though is because I HATE fingerprints...that's the worse thing about touchscreens!! I also have to get rubberized cases because the glossy back of phones get fingerprints on them too...I really don't like them!! lol
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I keep my Pre in pocket regularly, only tooken out for text, calls or net. But I was previously concerned when unshielded when I'd drop my phone by accident from 5 feet, so yeah it can damage the screen.

2 InvisableShields give the security I need to know that my Pres screen is very well protected.
    installed the skinomi last night. Hope yours is as good!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast