1.    #1  
    I have a rubberized plastic case for my Pre (no-name generic thing) that purports to be "Touchstone compatible". It has a little hole in the back plate that's supposed to allow the Pre to hang on to the Touchstone. Not nearly enough. I've widened the hole by cutting and filing, and now I have a big ugly square hole in the back of my case and the Pre still doesn't hang on to the Touchstone nearly as well as with no case at all.

Is there a really good Touchstone-compatible Pre case?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I've tried many different cases over the months and each one had it's pros/cons. I really enjoy Seidio's Innocase from the standpoint of working very well with the touchstone. However, Seidio's biggest downfall is that it's so thin that I had to replace it 3 times, before finally giving up on it, because the small tabs that secure it to the phone would break off.

I also tried the one with the whole cut out in the back and although it worked well with the touchstone, I didn't like the look of the hole cutout and, when the phone was opened in order to access the keyboard and type, the phone itself would move too much within the case and that was annoying to me.

I also tried modifying some inexpensive cases to more closely match my needs, but again, this proved not to work to my liking. About a month ago I just decided to go with no case in a belt holster and that's worked well. Makes me nervous though that I may drop it at some point.

Wish one of the case manufacturers would step up and make a really great touchstone compatible case--there are a lot of people in need of this.
    get the GRT case, it attaches to itself instead of clipping to the phone.

more info here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...light=grt+case
    AGF case I think it's the same as the GRT
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRich View Post
    Is there a really good Touchstone-compatible Pre case?
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: There really isn't much room for extra thickness or weight with a touchstone. The magnets are pretty strong, but they need to be. If you want "proper" hold with your tochstone, you've really only got a couple of options that I can think of.

1. No case. Let's be honest, it's a phone. They are rarely used for more than two years. I've been using mine for about a year, and it's got some scuffs and scraps from being dropped a few times, but nothing major. People buy a phone in part because they like the look, then put a big clunky case on it that doesn't do much beyond providing a FALSE sense of security and make every phone look like a toddler's toy.

2. Use something like an invisible shield. They seem to provide decent protection, and the touchstone would certainly still work. Not sure about applying one to the matte finish touchstone back, but you could just apply one to the screen side if you wanted.

3. Homebrew. Make your own modified case. A good route might be to start with something like the Seidio inocase which is thin enough that the touchstone charges just fine (with no hole) but leave the magnets so weak that the slightest bump and your pre will slide off. Remove the magnets from your touchstone back, find a way to remove a little material from inside the case, and glue them in. I've never tried it, because I think cell phone cases are a complete waste of money in most situations, but in principle it should work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    I thought of this while I was considering my Pre purchase and ultimately decided to just go with a ZAGG invisableshield body protector. I've been pretty happy with the protection it provides and haven't had to replace it even with a couple of mishaps. ZAGG also has some skin designs that apply and rotect the same way as the invisableshield but let you have a more custom looking design like with a case.

The downside would be it's not something you can just slip on and off to change the look you have like with a case.
    AGF! great case.
    I actually had someone give me the GRT case, it's wonderful! The only thing I don't like about it is that it's too big for the holder I got for my car so sometimes I'll take it off, but it stays on the touchstone and it does stop any kind of "oreo" effect. Worth every penny, even though I got mine for free!
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    I also love the agf/grt case but i have one big problem with it. I can't figure out how to get the darn thing off. Do you just pry the two sides apart? I'm afraid I'll break the plastic, and it wasn't a cheap case lol
    The AGF/GRT is the BEST Pre case on the market, period. Touchstone compatible & no Oreo effect, EVER. The best money I've spent on an accessory so far. As soon as my Zagg arrives, this thing will be protected like it's in Ft. Knox.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanshor View Post
    I also love the agf/grt case but i have one big problem with it. I can't figure out how to get the darn thing off. Do you just pry the two sides apart? I'm afraid I'll break the plastic, and it wasn't a cheap case lol
    I just open it up, and then use my fingernail to gently pull on where the case attaches to itself. Comes right apart .. no fuss no muss. Great case.
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    The AGF/GRT is the BEST Pre case on the market, period. Touchstone compatible & no Oreo effect, EVER. The best money I've spent on an accessory so far. As soon as my Zagg arrives, this thing will be protected like it's in Ft. Knox.
    don't use the GRT case with a zagg. It makes the pre slighly too thick and it interfers with the power button. I had it on for a month and it would shut my phone off almost every time I closed the slider and it eventually broke my power button.
    Bizarre! I use mine with a full body zagg with no problems at all! At first it's a little tight but with use the zagg moves a little and adjusts to the case.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappy1850 View Post
    don't use the GRT case with a zagg. It makes the pre slighly too thick and it interfers with the power button. I had it on for a month and it would shut my phone off almost every time I closed the slider and it eventually broke my power button.
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!