1.    #1  
    I've seen the cases that click on to the front and back halves of the Pre, and essentially put an extra shell around it, adding protection and a little distance between the screen and the ground. It seems the main ones are Otter Box Tandem, Seidio Innocase, and Body Glove Faux Nylon. I have also seen the Mobi products, but I am not too impressed. They look like hard plastic without much give, and Zebra patterns scratch so easily.

It seems like the strongest one is the Otter Box, which I am partial two because the reviews are really good. But, the only one that allegedly works with the Touchstone is the Seidio and I have heard very mixed reviews of Seidio products. I have found their batteries to be of questionable performance but, perhaps their cases are better?

I have previously shied away from this type of case because I feared the teeth going between the two phone halves would strech the slider and cause greater oreo effect. I was also concerned that it might cause scratching or wear between the halfs when sliding.

Anyway, I am reconsidering, but really want one that holds up to day-to-day wear-and-tear and still looks good, stays on, doesn't add notable size or weight, and REALLY WORKS WITH THE TOUCHSTONE. My last request is that I can use it with my existing Palm branded, horizontal, leather belt holster. But, I'm willing to make a concession or two.

Any input on this type of case in general, and on the features and performance I am looking for?

Thanks!
    Last edited by pelikan3; 09/18/2010 at 09:50 PM.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    When I bought my Pre + at an AT&T store a couple months ago, I bought a "Shell Case" for it. I still have the packaging for it - it's got the AT&T logo on it, so I can only assume the maker is AT&T. It came with 2 cases for the phone (2 fronts and 2 backs) - one front is a matte finish blue and the other front is a shiny silver. One back is solid and one has a touchstone 'hole' for the phone, and either front will go with either back.

The price on the packaging is $34.99, but I think I got some kind of discount on them since I bought the phone and a car charger a the same time.

Edit
    I'm not a heavy user and abuser of my phone, but I use the blue front with the touchstone back and my phone still looks great! Of course, I've only had it a couple months...
    Last edited by Riona; 09/18/2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Left out info
    This is the best case I have found to date. It locks the two parts together, so you don't get any oreo feel at all. Has a indented circle area in the back to line up with a Touchstone.

Sprint - All Accessories
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have a two piece snap on case for my Pre that I bought at Best Buy that I don't need. It looks a lot like the Sprint version mentioned above. I bought a touchstone shortly after and the case is not touchstone compatible. If anyone wants it, just PM me and I'll send it to them. First come, first get, I only have one. It is a dark metallic copper color and in perfect condition.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    27 minutes later and I have a PM for the case I offered. First come, first serve and now gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    But, the only one that allegedly works with the Touchstone is the Seidio and I have heard very mixed reviews of Seidio products. I have found their batteries to be of questionable performance but, perhaps their cases are better?
    Hardly.

Seidio innocase tabs snapped off

4th seidio innocase replacement with broken tabs

Their holsters aren't any better either:

Broken Seidio holster

I could go on...in my opinion, stay away from anything from Seidio.

I had tried a Body Glove case, but I needed a sledge hammer to install it and a crowbar to remove it. I was hoping that the rear cover would uninstall easily so I could put the phone on a touchstone at night but it was practically impossible to remove. I was worried that I might damage the phone.

This probably isn't what you are looking for but I bought a Smartphone Experts Ultra Slim Pouch for my Pre probably a year or so ago. I was going to use it as a "temporary" case until I found something better. Well, I'm still using it, it works great, protects the phone while in my front pocket, the little "ripcord" used to remove the phone is still holding up well.
    sedio is the worst,dont even bother. I went to verizon store and bought the case with the ts cut out in the back. Has it's own slider,very very tought case and it makes the ts so much easier t use. You don't have to find the sweet spot,there is only 1 way to put it down on the ts.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I bought my case from this site:

Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case Kit - Palm - Palm Pre - Palm Pre Plus - Verizon - AGF

I believe it is the same case you can get from Sprint (See post #3 above)

It's a very durable case which totally eliminates any oreo effect you might be experiencing with your slider, and it won't scratch or otherwise damage or mar your phone while in the case. It has a cutout at the back for the touchstone. I've been using mine for three full months without any issues whatsoever.

Oh - it also comes in various colors as well.
    I checked out the website listed in post #8. It looks to be a very similar product. Its funny how Sprint gives you one back and two fronts, and that site gives you two backs (one TS, one standard) and one front piece. I like the color options of that site. Sprint just gives you a chrome and a red one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    Is it very easy to take apart? For example, each night I'd like to remove the rear cover to use the phone on a touchstone. Do you think that would be an issue?

I know about the touchstone rear cover, but honestly, I think it looks ridiculous and somewhat useless to have a rear cover with a huge gaping hole in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Is it very easy to take apart? For example, each night I'd like to remove the rear cover to use the phone on a touchstone. Do you think that would be an issue?

I know about the touchstone rear cover, but honestly, I think it looks ridiculous and somewhat useless to have a rear cover with a huge gaping hole in it.
    I have a GRT case on my Palm Pre+ and the case is the very simple to take off, so removing it every night shouldn't be an issue. The case doesn't add much bulk and it looks great. I recommend it.
    I recommend the GRT case as well...its great.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjchow245 View Post
    I have a GRT case on my Palm Pre+ and the case is the very simple to take off, so removing it every night shouldn't be an issue. The case doesn't add much bulk and it looks great. I recommend it.
    I agree, the case is easy to put on and also to take off - if you know how. Mine came without instructions for removing it (probably just a minor omission on their part) so I was puzzled for a while about how to get it apart once it was on the phone (I like to remove it about once a week just to clean the phone and then put it back on again). So, I e-mailed the manufacturer and they sent me the instructions as a .PDF file. I've uploaded it to my DropBox in case anyone else wants to refer to it. Here is the URL: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11176233/Pal...nstruction.pdf
    Basically, you just need to open the slider and then pry one side open using your fingernails, and then it comes apart easily. Personally, I don't mind the look of the Touchstone "Mickey Mouse" back on the GRT case. And I think it would still provide adequate protection, under most circumstances, should the phone get dropped. Plus it saves having to remove the case every night to charge the phone, but to each their own.

EDIT: I guess I should add that the GRT case can make pressing of the volume buttons and the power button a bit more awkward at times because of the size and shape of the case. However, this may be offset by the added protection the case provides for the buttons, especially the *delicate* construction of the power button.
    Last edited by Mutz; 09/19/2010 at 02:31 PM.
    The AGF case from GRT is the best of the dozen or so I've tried. Highly recommended.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    my otterbox case doesn't grip the phone anymore so be careful. I was probably the first to get the case, it came to my door about a day before it was officially released so otterbox might have fixed it a bit bitter by now.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstutz View Post
    The AGF case from GRT is the best of the dozen or so I've tried. Highly recommended.
    I appreciate all who have referred me to this. A few more questions...

1) Is there a place to get this at a good price? The BB version is as low as $9, but the the Pre shows at $19-$26 if I want pink or blue or silver. But, if I want a simple black one, I need to go to AGF directly and pay $34.

2) What's it like in the hand? It actually looks like it adds a LOT of size. Who is the weight?

3) Does it still work with a horizontal, leather belt holster like the Palm branded one? I prefer to carry it on my belt, but having something that protects it in case it slips and hits the ground would be really helpful.

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    What's it like in the hand? It actually looks like it adds a LOT of size. Who is the weight?
    It feels nice in the hand, especially with the TS back on it which is made of a soft-touch material. The case does add to the overall size of the phone, but not too significantly. And it weighs very little so that shouldn't be a problem. But in answer to your third question, if it fits snugly into a holster without a hard case on it, I doubt the phone would fit into the same holster enclosed in a GRT case.
    Last edited by Mutz; 09/19/2010 at 07:40 PM.
    AG Findings GRT case happy camper here! Ordered through ATT and received the 2 fronts and 2 backs mentioned above. I had a 25% off accessories discount code and they shipped overnight free also. If you decide you want another color front you can order the front only from AGF site $14.99 plus shipping. I have a skin on the front of the screen on my Pre also to protect from scratches. I'm happy with my set up!
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Was difficult to install("Great", I thought-It'll never come off) Worked well for about a week(I slide my Palm Pre Plus 20 to 30 times a day) Front cover kept coming loose -finally failed to stay on at all. Im still using just the back cover as it will never come off!
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...