Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey guys is there a battery that last longer than the stock one but will still fit in the back like oem? I have a touchstone back that's why I ask and only get like 3 hrs out of a charge. Thanks
    You need to get your battery replaced, if you are only getting 3 hours out of a charge, your battery is bad. I can rock HEAVY useage for the first 3 hours of my morning, and be down to just under 70% at the worst.

There is an extended battery from Muguen (sp?) 1400 (so it's a slight upgrade from factory), not worth it in my opinion.... especially since your issue is related to a bad battery that you should be able to replace under warranty unless you are over your 1 year. If you are over your 1 year, you can get an OE replacement battery for pretty cheap.... search the forums, there are MANY battery posts. You can decide what works best for you. Like I said though, if you are within your year, go to your carrier for a replacement, if they refuse for some reason, contact Palm, the battery IS covered by factory warranty.
    Yes, I have to agree, 3 hours is definitely a bad battery. I get 6 to 7 with heavy usage and everything turned on and that's on an original battery that's over a year old.

Ebay is also a good place to find replacements/spares for really good prices.

You may also want to check what you're running that is draining it all the time.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #4  
    well I just got the battery yesterday maybe it needs to go through it's thing. I'll give it a week n see I guess
    Sometimes a new battery needs to go through several charge/discharge cycles, before it reaches it's full potential.

If you have Preware, you can also use the Battery Doctor to check the health of the battery.
    You can check the health of your battery with the Dr. Battery app available via Preware.

Also read the Dr. Battery thread for more info.

I used to recommend the Mugen 1400 battery (reads closer to the mid 1300's) but they cost $31.95.

OEM Pre batteries from Amazon are currently $8.45 shipped.

You can also get Palm Centro batteries for $3-$4 off ebay. They work fine in the Pre but remember, these batteries lose capacity over time, even unused, so a battery that's a few years old may not have 100% capacity, even if it's still sealed in packaging.
  7.    #7  
    where is dr battery at? I've looked under the utilities and don't see it. Thank ya'll for the help so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    where is dr battery at? I've looked under the utilities and don't see it. Thank ya'll for the help so far
    Check under "List of Everything" and start typing Dr. Battery. It should show up. It will also need the Dr Battery service installed but I think Preware will automatically install it.

If you can't find it, you can get them from the PreCentral site:

Dr. Battery

DrBatterySrv
    well I just got the battery yesterday maybe it needs to go through it's thing. I'll give it a week n see I guess
    Got the battery yesterday from where? A properly operating brand new battery *should* get you more than 3 hours of operation. When we picked up our brand new Pre's about a year ago from Sprint, they battery lasted a few hours before ever being charged (entire setup at Sprint, went to dinner after that and messed with em a lil, then messed with em a lil when we got home before charging, never came close to low battery).
  10.    #10  
    I got the pre + yesterday new for vzw I'm gonna run the dr battery in just a min when my voltage gets to 3.4
    I got the pre + yesterday new for vzw I'm gonna run the dr battery in just a min when my voltage gets to 3.4
    What does its current health show?
    Take the whole phone back and request (demand a replacement) no way on day 1 of use you should be seeing 3 hours after a full charge.... I would demand a new phone or return (since you are in that time frame) then you can get another Pre Plus if they refuse to do a whole unit direct exchange. Go in there and tell them you know this is not the proper operation for a brand new phone at full charge, if they give you **** I would suggest calling VZW support while in the store.

One last question, is it actually a VZW corporate store? Just because you bought a "new" phone on a VZW contract, doesn't mean you are dealing with actual corporate stores. Trying to clarify and help you out. I have had bad experiences (and many others have) buy from authorized retailers, that aren't actual corporate stores (not VZW in my experience, but I learned my lesson, and I am still with Sprint I just don't buy phones from non-corp stores).
  13.    #13  
    oldschoolvwlover yes I bought it in a vzw store. I am running dr battery right now (letting it get fully charged then will calibrate it) and see what it says. If I take it in there do I need to remove preware and govhah? I'm not UK'd it yet. Ihope if I take it in there they will just give me a new battery.
    If you are going to take it in.... with you saying you just got the phone yesterday, I would suggest doctoring back to factory and requesting a complete replacement. It could be a bad battery, but regardless, brand new phone, you shouldn't be seeing these issue. You could replace the batter and still have another issue. If the phone is brand new, personally I wouldn't even waste my time attempting to recalibrate a "brand new" battery. You are doing work you shouldn't even have to be doing at this point.
  15.    #15  
    so will they replace the apps I have BOUGHT on here or anyway to move it myself#
    Any apps you purchased through the Palm catalog are tied to your Palm Profile. Once you sign into your profile on the new device, it will automatically restore your device settings and re-install your paid applications.
  17.    #17  
    so I just got done playin free version of assassians creed about 15 mknutes and my battery went from 98 to 90%. Wifi is off and hotspot is as well. I have 3 email accounts set to push every 30 minutes. I'm afraid to giveup this phone cause the keyboard seems really good and no other problem so far
    Mugen pre batteries that I found on EBay & Amazon were $39,$69,& $89 for the different stacks. Cetainly didn't see any $5 deals, ROTF...not that I really expected to. Why does the Pre literature specifically tell you NOT to use the Centro battery? And why does my Centro charge my Centro & Pre batteries so much faster the my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by artsober View Post
    Mugen pre batteries that I found on EBay & Amazon were $39,$69,& $89 for the different stacks. Cetainly didn't see any $5 deals, ROTF...not that I really expected to. Why does the Pre literature specifically tell you NOT to use the Centro battery? And why does my Centro charge my Centro & Pre batteries so much faster the my Pre?
    They claim that the Centro batteries are different and won't let the Pre actually sleep.

However, those of us who have used them haven't noticed any problems.
    No wonder you are only getting three hours per charge. Your email is alway updating and you should have WiFi on when in a hotspot and off when not near hotspot or it will keep searching for a WiFi conection. Do you play a lot of games on your pre?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast