Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I haven't, but at this point I've successfully connected my Pre to several different A2DP and HIP devices simultaneously several times and it works well in 2.1.

I added a BT HFP device to my car this weekend to compliment the A2DP stereo connection I already had - works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Might spring for the Blubridge...the problem with the Soundfly appears to be that it plays through the FM stations...I've never had anything that worked well without interference that used an FM converter. Keeping it charged could be a pain, though.
    The FM transmitter is pretty strong. It will overwhelm all but the strongest FM frequencies. It has a line out as well, so if you have an aux-cable you can plug it in direct. I do like mine, and the remote is handy, but like i said the UI is a pain. Once it's set up though, no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Updating some older threads so that people who posted and are subscribed to the threads will get updates... running WebOS 2.1 the Pre can now be connected to multiple BT devices simultaneously.
    This is fantastic news! Like the OP, I have a good in-car BT solution, but it doesn't do A2DP, so I still have to use an AUX jack for long drives where I use the Pre as the audio source. Just need to wait until either an official WebOS 2.1 WebDoctor for the Sprint Pre or a Sprint Pre 3 comes out coupled with a new A2DP adapter on the AUX jack for a completely wireless solution!
    see my post in the accessories touchtone forum. Blackberry gateway is the way to go.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I just got a Jabra Cruizer (to go with my Jabra Halo and Jabra BT8040) and it is amazing. Great battery life, really good FM transmitter, a2dp, great speakerphone, and it clips unobtrousively to the visor. Got it on EBAY for $30. Very worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    I just got a Jabra Cruizer (to go with my Jabra Halo and Jabra BT8040) and it is amazing. Great battery life, really good FM transmitter, a2dp, great speakerphone, and it clips unobtrousively to the visor. Got it on EBAY for $30. Very worth it!
    Just curious, when i was doing research on what BT device to buy for my car i looked at this one. It didn't seem to have full audio duplexing, so i was nervous that phone calls would be really annoying. (Full duplex means both people can talk at the same time and hear each other fine). How have you found the call quality to be? any issues with this?
    Does anyone have any input on using this Belkin BT adapter (post link @ bottom). I see it's mainly spec for iPhone (Apple) products but was wondering if you guys think it will work for the Pre. I like this one because it has aux, cig charger with a built in USB port to still charge another device...aka Pre. Anyway any input from you guys would be appreciated before I buy it. Heres the link

Belkin Aircast Bluetooth In-car Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Just curious, when i was doing research on what BT device to buy for my car i looked at this one. It didn't seem to have full audio duplexing, so i was nervous that phone calls would be really annoying. (Full duplex means both people can talk at the same time and hear each other fine). How have you found the call quality to be? any issues with this?
    No issues at all. I call my wife on the way home from work every day, and we can both hear each other like we are in the same room. About the only difficulty I have is that I work in Verizon territory, so I am roaming here, and the service is terrible. So, calls phase out and are dropped regularly (this is independent of the Cruizer, since it happens with any BT headset I have and even just using the handset without BT). When having conversations while both of us are in Sprint territory, the conversation is very clear.

I haven't heard the conversation from the other end, obviously, but my wife says it sounds fine. I have also used a Jabra BT8040 earpiece, and the call quality is a little better there, as it should be since it doesn't have to go through the FM stereo as well.

I should note that the Cruzer itself has an excellent speaker, very loud, so you don't necessarily need to use the FM transmitter, but I choose to use the transmitter.

Also, the controls on the Cruizer are nicely placed and easy to use. Great to be able to skip tracks, etc. right from the receiver!
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Does anyone have any input on using this Belkin BT adapter (post link @ bottom). I see it's mainly spec for iPhone (Apple) products but was wondering if you guys think it will work for the Pre. I like this one because it has aux, cig charger with a built in USB port to still charge another device...aka Pre. Anyway any input from you guys would be appreciated before I buy it. Heres the link

Belkin Aircast Bluetooth In-car Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)
    I see two possible problems. First, no mention of A2DP that I can see, so they probably expect you to plug a cable into your headset jack (a bad idea on a Pre). Second, it looks like you will need an AUX input jack on your car stereo, do you have one?

I add this because I recently got a knockoff hands free setup kinda like this one on EBAY, and it paired fine for phone calls, but no A2DP, so no music without using a wire and headset jack, which I can't do on a Pre. Fortunately, the listing said "A2DP" so I was able to return it.
    [QUOTE=jkeitz;2935586]I see two possible problems. First, no mention of A2DP that I can see, so they probably expect you to plug a cable into your headset jack (a bad idea on a Pre). Second, it looks like you will need an AUX input jack on your car stereo, do you have one?

Yes I have an Aux input. I also didn't find it saying if it had A2DP support from their website but on Amazon it says it has it. You think I could buy it from them and if it doesn't work return it because of said feature (A2DP) is not supported?
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Wayne173;2935880]
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    I see two possible problems. First, no mention of A2DP that I can see, so they probably expect you to plug a cable into your headset jack (a bad idea on a Pre). Second, it looks like you will need an AUX input jack on your car stereo, do you have one?

Yes I have an Aux input. I also didn't find it saying if it had A2DP support from their website but on Amazon it says it has it. You think I could buy it from them and if it doesn't work return it because of said feature (A2DP) is not supported?
    Judging from the Amazon page, it must have A2DP capability, but Amazon is cool about returns anyway. The upside to this one is you don't have to charge it, but the downside looks like all the wires all over the place. Many of the negative reviews came from people complaining about wires all over the place. I know that would annoy me. I have one wire running from the charger to the Touchstone on the dash. Other than that, no wires.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12