1.    #1  
    I just received my Seidio 2600mAh in the mail from Amazon (about $50: Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell Battery for Palm Pre (Black): Cell Phones & Service ). I had heard some stories on these forums about how a lot of these batteries were (purposely?) mislabeled to have only a 2300mAh capacity, and was really bummed when I checked Dr. Battery to see the "Manufacturer Rating" and "Calculated Left" to be both at 2300mAh.

HOWEVER, it got more interesting once I had it charging for a while. It ended up blowing past the 2300 mark while watching the "Actual" tab on Dr. Battery, and ended up maxing out its charge at a whopping 2750mAh (this is the point where the mA current went from about +600 to -16 meaning it was done and slowly discharging.)

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this just a glitch of some sort, or did I get some sort of super battery??
    Can you post screenshots of the Dr. Battery app where it shows it reading 2750 mAh?

I seriously doubt anything from Seidio is actually better than what they sell it as.

Maybe somline (creator of Dr. Battery) has some input as to what is happening.
    Watch out, some batteries may have an overcharge protection that's not working correctly. I had a 2300mAh battery, after the first calibration, I got 2270, then at the second I got 2700, on the third try I got more than 3200... after that it died.

I don't know if you disabled Palm's own overcharging protection, if you did, be careful, as there's a slight possibility that you may kill your battery if you overcharge it.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    After perpetually having an uncharged phone, I bought one of the same on Amazon for around the same price. It's been a damn good battery (and very helpful for someone who often forgets to charge). Price-wise, I think this is a better battery than any Amzer provided you don't mind a little extra bulk and you don't use a touchstone.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    We saw such phenomena before in one of my battery threads. Look at this thread.
    This was a 1150 battery showing 1282 in last image still charging.
    I have no explanation for it and don't believe this value is correct.
  6.    #6  
    This is all so interesting. I'm currently in the process of doing the first 5 full discharge-recharge cycles so I'll update this thread once I start to charge it again. I'm also gonna try to do a calibration with Dr. Battery as well, but should I wait until after the first five charges?

@Trekker: unfortunately I didn't think to take a screenshot when I first saw it, and since I'm waiting to discharge the phone fully before recharging I would only be able to post it after a few days when it fully charges again.
    The calibration is NOTHING else than discharge to 0% and charge to 100% uninterrupted (with LearnFlag enabled). So you can use each of the 5 for calibration.
  8.    #8  
    Well, this sucks. The day after posting this, I had ran through a day rather successfully, with it staying at 100% for several hours (because it was over 2300 initially) and endiing at 39% by the same time the next day. Except, then it immediately jumped to 0% and died within 10 seconds (before I could find my charger). Bullsh*t.

So I proceeded to charge it all back up overnight and run the Dr. Battery calibration. I woke up to see both the manufacturer and the actual battery capacity still at 2300, and the battery refused to charge higher than that like it did two days before. It mustve just been a glitch...

I forgot to answer that other question: no I didn't disable the overcharge, the battery was brand new in the mail.

I am thoroughly p*ssed at Seidio (and Amazon, who had me pay $5 for 3-5 day shipping, and sent it to me 10 days later). But mainly Seidio. How the hell can they undermark their batteries and lie about their actual value, and still make us pay top dollar like it's a gold brick? I'm considering returning it until I get a battery that is the actual advertised capacity.

Question: who else has had this problem before, and what have they done about it (with the battery and Seidio)?
    Quote Originally Posted by JishHD View Post
    I am thoroughly p*ssed at Seidio

How the hell can they undermark their batteries and lie about their actual value, and still make us pay top dollar like it's a gold brick?
    Probably because nobody has challenged them in court yet.

Here is a link to their Better Business Bureau rating, which is currently a "D." At the very least I would file a complaint to the BBB, drive their rating to an "F" and maybe that will save someone else the mistake of doing business with them.

You could also contact Amazon about it, let them know what Seidio is doing, leave a negative review. Maybe you can get your money back including the shipping charges.
    So I proceeded to charge it all back up overnight and run the Dr. Battery calibration. I woke up to see both the manufacturer and the actual battery capacity still at 2300, and the battery refused to charge higher than that like it did two days before. It mustve just been a glitch...
    Sorry to hear that. Did the Dr.Battery at least successfully calibrate?
  11.    #11  
    @Trekker: I think I'll do that to help drive down their rating. Even though it's only a 300mHz difference, it's still false advertising and a high price.

@somline: Yes, well, it stayed at 100% because it's still technically new. The battery hasn't degraded yet, it's just been mislabeled...
    @somline: Yes, well, it stayed at 100% because it's still technically new. The battery hasn't degraded yet, it's just been mislabeled...
    We have seen this phenomena before. The "Curr" value is sometimes showing much higher values during charge. I don't know why. But at least you got 100%. Other where not as lucky.