1.    #1  
    Sometimes if it's been in one place for too long it sticks to said place with a strength that requires the force of the gods to remove!
    This morning I was recouping my touchstone from my parents after once again becoming a pre owner (i missed it more than I ever imagined) and I went to remove the touchstone by my bed and my god the thing did not want to come off. I was able to lift my nightstand with the thing!. In the end I ended up needing to get a thin knife under it to seporate it. Talk about one hell of a seal!
    That means it's working.
    That's one of the best things about the TS. That gecko adhesive means you can put it anywhere on anything and it's stuck there. I find that if you remove it and then reinstall once every week or two weeks it doesn't get quite so cemented in place.

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Had the varnish removed on my nightstand when prying off the TouchStone.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    You can re-activate the adhesive by pressing sellotape against the bottom then peeling it off again.

Apparently, the bottom has many thin tubes, and it's the pressure differential that's caused by pressing it against a surface that causes it to stick (rather than actual sticky stuff).

I think the theory is that if you remove any small debris from the tubes using sticky tape, the tubes will be reactivated and your Touchstone will be sticky once again!
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Had the varnish removed on my nightstand when prying off the TouchStone.
    I have a Touchstone on my nightstand also. Were you able to get the varnish off so that you can re-use it?
    My touchstones stick like bandits to smooth, flat surfaces. I also had to pry with lots of force to reposition on my nightstand. Luckily, none of the finish pulled off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I have a Touchstone on my nightstand also. Were you able to get the varnish off so that you can re-use it?
    Hmm, don't remember if I tried but I think it would come off. I bought another when Radio Shack was having their sale, which I now use in the house, and use the "varnish" one in the car (just floating around, not stuck anywhere).
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I have a similar question concerning the so called "gecko foot", assuming the foot gets really dusty after month/years of use, would it be wise to clean it with a slightly humid cloth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlinerin View Post
    I have a similar question concerning the so called "gecko foot", assuming the foot gets really dusty after month/years of use, would it be wise to clean it with a slightly humid cloth?
    I cleaned it with just water and it was like new.
    stick it on a dusty surface or throw it in your pocket for awhile and the dirt/lint will stick enough to reduce the sticky-ness. You can also pry it off from the plastic disk that is under it so you can put felt under it, and then put the original gecko disk back on if you need it.

I have so many of them, that I just made sure the ones that are on furniture have very little sticky-ness, but enough so they don't slide around. In one case I just left the plastic protector on that it came with.

a quick wash with warm water and soap or glasses cleaner and it is back to original sticky-ness. Brilliant design, but they should come with a warning to not put them on wooden furniture until they've lost some sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Hmm, don't remember if I tried but I think it would come off. I bought another when Radio Shack was having their sale, which I now use in the house, and use the "varnish" one in the car (just floating around, not stuck anywhere).
    That's kind of the opposite of what I would expect. The sticky one would keep it from sliding around in the car...