1.    #1  
    Hello,

My car radio has has an aux input and I have used a Bluetooth receiver that interfaces with the aux input. However, when it receives power from car it does not turn on automatically. I am looking for a Bluetooth receiver with the folllowing features:
    • 3.5mm plug
    • When it is powered up from the car the receiver turns on (and goes into mode that will allow Palm Pre to connect to it by only have Bluetooth enabled). Of course there will have been a one time pairing done previously.
    • Turns off when the car turns off (not critical). It is fine if it has its own battery and therefore stays on until that battery dies.

Thanks,

John
    I haven't installed it yet, but I bought this receiver with the bluetooth kit.

http://www.amazon.com/Dual-XHD7720-M...bosnation0e-20
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. However, I have looked at the path of installing another head unit and there are enough drawbacks with that approach that I would not like to pursue it. I understand a seperate device may appear relatively expensive compared to another head unit but cost is only one of my considerations.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr396 View Post
    Thanks for the info. However, I have looked at the path of installing another head unit and there are enough drawbacks with that approach that I would not like to pursue it. I understand a seperate device may appear relatively expensive compared to another head unit but cost is only one of my considerations.

John
    Yeah I was worried about the drawbacks (mainly losing the 6x9's in the rear of my IS300), but I found a factory harness that is plug and play.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  5.    #5  
    I just started using Belkin part F8Z492 (can't yet post links to this forum).

So far, so good. It does not have its own batter and turns on/off based on whether power is applied.

I need to clean up how power is supplied to it but it appears to have the functionality I am looking for.
    why use bluetooth if you have an aux jack in your car? just curious.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why use bluetooth if you have an aux jack in your car? just curious.
    Primary goal with regards to car audio for me is convenience. I am streaming to the phone to begin with so audio quality is not a major concern. Not having to plug in wires for power (touchstone) or audio (bluetooth) makes it really easy to listen to music in the car (most of my driving is comprised of short runs).

John
    that's why I am confused in that I am thinking you want to plug the bluetooth receiver in to the aux jack. I guess that saves you plugging in to the phone when you get in to the car... is that what you are saying? I'm a bit foggy today, apparently.

I have the aux cable draped over my touchstone so I put the phone on the touchstone and plug it in without thinking about it.
  9.    #9  
    that's why I am confused in that I am thinking you want to plug the bluetooth receiver in to the aux jack. I guess that saves you plugging in to the phone when you get in to the car... is that what you are saying? I'm a bit foggy today, apparently.
    The Bluetooth receiver stays in the car at all times (plugged in always). In fact, it is hidden (no visible wires or clutter in the car).

I have the aux cable draped over my touchstone so I put the phone on the touchstone and plug it in without thinking about it.
    If plugging/uplugging or the wires draped around don't bother you than you don't need wireless!

I would think that the person that used a touchstone would also be the person who would not want to plug in for audio but apparently you go both ways
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr396 View Post
    The Bluetooth receiver stays in the car at all times (plugged in always).
    If plugging/uplugging or the wires draped around don't bother you than you don't need wireless!

I would think that the person that used a touchstone would also be the person who would not want to plug in for audio but apparently you go both ways
    OK, thanks for the clarification. I can't say wires don't bother me, but I don't have the guts to take my dashboard apart to hide them.

I have other issues that compounds this because my radio has to be put back to aux every time I start the car - which is really annoying.

I just assume that this will all be simpler when I buy my next car, which won't be for many years because I am such a cheapskate. I have a 2005 Saab, and I expect to have it for at least 5 or 6 more years. By then we will be on Bluetooth version 8 and the Pre12 running webOS 19

But, if you come up with a good solution, please let me know because I'd love to eliminate the aux cable that runs from my armrest storage up to my touchstone which is in front of the air conditioning vent.