View Poll Results: Does Bluetooth work for you?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • It sucks...I gave up on it.

14 14.29%
  • Works sometimes...frustrating but still trying.

10 10.20%
  • Seldom fails...use it frequently.

20 20.41%
  • Always works...use it everyday.

54 55.10%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I have never gotten BT to work reliably with the Pre. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have a Garmin NUVI GPS that has BT audio device in it and when paired with the pre, it works quite nicely. But, it has about a 40% chance of failing to connect when I get in the car. Sometimes it has to pair again and again. I had a treo 700 that connected rock solid but the quality was poor.

What is your overall experience with BT? Does it just work for you or do you get so frustrated with connection issues that you have given up on BT altogether?
    Always works...use it occasionally.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Paring my Pre with Bluetooth in my car works good-very easy, but people have a hard time hearing me at high speeds.

I usually use a Bose wired headset, sound is very good and when I'm not on a call it works great with Pandora.
    Being an owner of a 700P I can tell you the BT stack on that phone sucked big time. I use a jawbone 2 with no issues at all with my Pre.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    No problems here, but it does screw with my WiFi when I'm streaming audio.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I use a BlueAnt T1 and love it. Supports A2DP streaming.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    No problems connecting to my Kenwood car radio or to my vtech home phone system.
    Jawbone Prime and now the Jawbone ICON have worked flawlessly for me with my PRE (hey, I'm a poet and I now know it!). Love the ICON! Just hope the new WebOS 2.0 and phone have a killer voice dialing feature!
    Definitely wasn't worth using on my old Treo 650, but on the Pre setup and use has been painless the very few times I've needed it. Remember, some of these technologies take several iterations to mature from flakey novelty into just another tool that's there when you need it. I've been pleasantly surprised how much the overall Pre experience has fit into the latter category for me.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Only proba I have is with my s9-HD's the signal seems to be to weak wehn I am out side so it cuts out all the time. Due to all the other wireless interference I assume. But connecting is pretty easy and only takes a few seconds.
    I have 2, motorola s9 for music and plantronics for general use. both work without problems, and i use one or the other all the time.
    .... i still think the current phones should have had ir also. what kinda world should i have to reach for my 650 to change the tv channel
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    My Pre Plus (AT&T) BT works perfectly with my Camos BT m/c helmet system. Streams all music via A2DP, and I can place and receive calls from the helmet while riding. (It also works as a live intercom on a second channel with my wife's helmet).

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    My Plantronics BackBeat 903's (stereo headset), BlueAnt Q1, as well as my old BlueTrek Bizz headsets, all synced with no problems, and I use at least one of them every day. (in the car)

I also use Bluetooth to sync Classic with Palm Desktop every week or so.

Now, I want to be able to transfer files wireless via bluetooth

So, no, it's not "more trouble than it's worth", IMO
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I use Bluetooth on my Pre+ pretty much all day everyday. XLink Bluetooth Gateway at home, Hands Free Link in both cars and a Sony DR-BT140Q at work. Switches seamlessly between them, I have never had a problem. Bluetooth is so reliable that I use it as my primary triggers in the excellent Homebrew application Mode Switcher 1.x.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Using it every day, listening to music via bluetooth on my laptop
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    I have never gotten BT to work reliably with the Pre. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have a Garmin NUVI GPS that has BT audio device in it and when paired with the pre, it works quite nicely. But, it has about a 40% chance of failing to connect when I get in the car. Sometimes it has to pair again and again. I had a treo 700 that connected rock solid but the quality was poor.

What is your overall experience with BT? Does it just work for you or do you get so frustrated with connection issues that you have given up on BT altogether?
    I have the T505 and sometimes, I used to have pairing troubles. The easiest solution I found was to activate bluetooth on the Pre first....then turn on the T505. Then my connection issues went away.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    I have never gotten BT to work reliably with the Pre. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have a Garmin NUVI GPS that has BT audio device in it and when paired with the pre, it works quite nicely. But, it has about a 40% chance of failing to connect when I get in the car.
    I use it with a Garmin 765t and it is flawless. Often I forget it automatically pairs and I'm surprised when my GPS gets a call.
    Works great with my 2 Samsung Modus 3500 BT headsets, use it everyday at work to listen to Pandora all day long.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I suspect the problems that I am having are aggravated by turning BT on and off with mode switcher. I have BT enabled in default mode and wifi triggers that turn BToff when I'm on my work or home wifi. I'm going to experiment with leaving BT on all the time and see if it is more stable. My past experiences with this resulted in considerable battery drain with BT always on. Oh well...I'll give it a go and see.

jab
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast