1.    #1  
    So I received my Package from Fedex today of the Verizon Universal Car Charger and a Palm Touchstone puck. It was a great price at $9.99 with free next day shipping and I can honestly say I couldn't be happier. So here's the break down.

So here's what all came in the box, not really a whole lot to worry about, the basic pieces and the funny picture book that comes with the Touchstone showing you the mulitple ways it can be used.

One interesting thing about the Universal Car Charger from Verizon is the extra USB port on the top of it. The charger can charge two devices at once according to the packaging. However, I don't know how well that holds up with a touchstone, I suspect you might see some dancing notifications if you try but I'm not certain.

The car charger fits very nicely into the Touchstone without any need for modification.

And as you can probably not see very well at all, it works as intended. The battery is charging and went up just as fast if not a little speedier then my plug-in here at home.

Sadly it seems that the sale for this particular bundle has ended (at least in my region) but they have an alternative sale that is $14.95 that has both items plus a case. Anyway, my next task will be to mount it in my '08 Chrysler Pacifica without looking too silly.

Anyway, thanks for reading my write-up here, I hope it helps answer someone's questions or worries about the compatibility of the products. If you have any questions feel free.

Also here's a link to the existing Verizon deal.

Set Your Location
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Heh. I just ordered another over the weekend. PERFECT TIMING!!
    Just unboxed mine as well. DOA. Sad.

I've got to do a little testing and make sure I'm not doing something wrong, but it is really not that complicated... so don't think so.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Is it safe to assume the touchstone includes the new back cover? I bought 3 (home/office/car) and would like to double check after my impulse purchase

Edit:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

It doesn't include one according to the specs. Guess I'll be paying more for the back cover
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    it does not include the back cover. If you got a pre, let me know I got an extra one. Heck I might have an extra pixi cover. Let me know and send me a PM.
    The offer does not include the back cover but it is still a terrific deal. I have 1 mounted in each car, 1 on each nightstand, 1 in the kitchen and 1 at the office.

I was too cheap to buy one at retail but I LOVE these chargers. I mounted the car touchstones so that one of the a/c vents was blowing directly on the touchstone and the back of the phone. That prevents temperature warnings under severe use (gps, with music, with other apps open).

I simply used 3M mounting tape and it has worked great. I did have to scrape off the factory installed mounting tape with a razor blade because it started to peel away from the touchstone after a week in the Texas summer heat. I've been going maybe 3 weeks with the new configuration and it's solid.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I done the exact same thing. It mounts perfectly. Although the palm logo is upside down, it still looks good.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Another question, since I obviously didn't pay attention to the item before buying. Can I plug the touchstone puck into my original AC adapter? Also, can I plug the touchstone into my PC for charging purposes?

The answer to both of these will determine if I return the other 2 sets.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    AC Adapter, yes. PC no.
  10.    #10  
    Yeah the little picture book that comes with the Touchstone shows a big red no-no symbol on plugging it into a PC. But yes it will still work for the AC wall charger.

I do wish there was a way to flip the palm logo over, I've found a good place to mount in my Pacifica finally but the charger would be upside down. I guess I could always cover it up too but I like the way that logo looks. Oh well.

Thanks for reading it all.
    Ugh ... I despise those coiled wires. It's so much easier to hide the wire using a stock Palm car charger. That might have just talked me out of taking advantage of the $15 TS/charger/case deal.