1.    #1  
    I was recently experiencing drastic decreases in my battery life so I ordered a seidio extended battery. While my new battery was coming, I did a hard reset and it seemed to fix my battery. But now the problem lies on my new seidio battery.

When I put it into my phone, it looked like it was working fine, so I started to charge it. I left it on the charger over night and woke up this morning noticing that the battery had dropped from 100% to 50%. I took it off the charger and it died in less than an hour.

It would seem that after it reaches a full charge, it will start to drain the battery even while it's on the touchstone. I just recharged it earlier today and it reached 100% according to Dr. Battery and I went back to it 10 min later, still on the charger, and it went down to 96%. This is why I believe the charger is draining the battery. What is going on here?
    send it back. did u charge and drain the new battery like they said in the instructions?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  3.    #3  
    I actually charged it overnight and it started to drain randomly. Instead of waking up to a 100% battery, I woke up to a 50% battery. And it drained completely shortly after I took it off the touchstone.
    with new batteries u have to "break them in". it should have been sent with instructions.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  5.    #5  
    No instructions were given. But I did charge it completely and it drained on it's own overnight, while charging (why?), and it died about an hour after I took it off the charger. I just charged it to 100%, according to dr. battery, and whilst on the charger, it dropped again to 96%. I contacted the seller and I'm going to return it.
    it's normal that it will constantly drop to say 95% and back to 100% while on charger. But it's wrong to drop less than that.
    EDIT: This is how the overcharge protection takes place and the reason palm is not showing the real percentage in the top bar.
    did you use a touch stone? If yes please try it with usb
    Last edited by somline; 09/09/2010 at 04:28 AM.