Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is invisible shield worth getting for the Pre? I've heard a lot of complaints about installing it.
    I like it ....not going to lie it isn't easy but worth it....good grip and easy to clean.

I've put on 3 Zagg's (3 phones) they aren't easy to put on but hold on fairly well if you put them on right, trick is to use lots of that solution that comes with the sponge, that will help get the bubbles out. But if you get it on right and don't abuse the phone that much it should stay on fairly well. I put mine to the test, I usually just keep it in my pocket with no case and it works for me.

Oya and don't forget about the little punch out for the microphone like I did on my first one. It makes it hard for people to hear you if you leave it on
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/05/2010 at 06:07 PM.
    I would recommend the Skinomi over the Zagg Invisible Shield. I got the Skinomi instead of the Invisible Shield because I had difficulty installing an Invisible Shield on a previous phone. The Skinomi has worked/looks great and it was really easy to put on(even for me, which is saying a lot haha).
    A friend of mine has the Invisible Shield on his phone and quality seems basically the same when compared to the Skinomi. Either product will do its job but the Skinomi is a winner in my book because of how easy it is to put on.
    i agree. I've had several zaggs. a little thicker, a little more orange peeling.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thanks guys.
    I've had several Zagg's; the key is that I have the guys at the mall kiosk install it. I would never again try installing these things (of any brand) after the first time I tried about a year ago. Zagg only charges you once for a shield and I only pay $5 for each new shield's install--WAY worth it! So, whenever the edges start to peel or my case's ink rubs off enough to be irritating, I just take it up to the local mall and get a new cover shield. Looks and feels great.
    Zagg + seido innocase will work great. Seido is super thin too.
    I've had absolutely no issues installing Zagg myself...best imho...

EDIT: Here is a discussion on this with 70+ replies already...

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-accessories/242393-invisible-shield-vs-skinomi-vs-phantom-skinz.html
    got a bodyguardz screen only since launch. Gives you two for the price of 1 zagg. I dont use on back plate because i like matte and because of touchstone (dont know if it will affect it). Havnt taken it off yet. Still works great. Gave the other extra (backup) to a buddy.

Just putting it out there.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Zagg + seido innocase will work great. Seido is super thin too.
    Really? On the website it says "*Seidio Innocase is not compatible with body skin products such as Invisible Shields or Bodyguardz.". I would have figured that a case would make the shield peel or something to that nature?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    To give you a non-shield perspective, I keep my phone in a case on my belt or on my desk, most of the time. I have never put shields on them, and I have no visible scratches on my phone at all. I have felt some screen protectors that don't let your finger move across them as well as the stock screen, don't recall which one that was, and I certainly have no ongoing experience with any to criticize any of them. Its just been my personal experience that they are not necessary.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Screen protector is great for protecting your screen from scratches. They are all good brands out there~including invisible shield.
    Are any of these protectors (Skinomi, Zagg Invisible Shield, etc.) damaged by using a holster with the cell phone?
    I will tell u in a couple of days...
    I put a Best Skins Ever on mine as I've used their products on iPods and other cells which I've put on for friends. Use lots of solution, put a piece of papertowel around the edge of a credit card to use as a squegee and when you get to the corners let them dry alittle so they are no so wet, let the phone set for a few minutes and use your palm to do the corners. Push the pieces down where they should go and stick the phone corner into your palm and hold it there for abit. Works perfect. I put my phone into an AG Findings case and no problem with the touchscreen or feel. Lots of good brands of skins out there.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    I've had a BestSkinsEver on my Pre Plus now, previously a Zagg on my Pre. I like the BSE much better. Less rubbery like the Zagg so it feels more like the uncoated Pre surface. The rubbery surface of the Zagg makes it hard to swipe. Looks more transparent as well.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    i use phantom skins because they r just as good as the zagg and because they are easier to put on than the zagg. and also because you get 2 front covers for oly 10 bucks and they will replace them if you have to take them off , you just send them the old one in the mail .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Would advise against IS. It is thick and rubbery and Orange peely.
    Boxwave or similar.
    Looks like Zagg is having a sale, the Pre front skin is only 3.75.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Palm Pre Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I put one on about a week after getting my Pre(Sprint Launch Day) and the thing hasn't failed me yet. I replaced it recently with a new one(for free with the warranty), simply because after a year of being in my pocket/etc, some dirt was collecting around the corner seams. It's back to looking like new again.

As for the feel, it is kind of rubbery feeling, but it's nothing that has ever bothered me. Also, mine doesn't have the excessive orange peeling that some have stated. You really have to hold it at the right angle to see even a slight 'orange peel' texture on it.