Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    So what are is the best battery and cheap! that will work with the touchstone?? Looking for some suggestions links anything!
    I just bought a stock pre battery on ebay for $7.95, waiting for it to arrive, I didn't want to spend a lot on one since hopefully new hardware coming out in the next few months, to find it I searched "palm pre battery bp1"
    the mugen 1400mAh battery seems to be getting the best reviews around here. you can get it on amazon.com
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I just bought a stock pre battery on ebay for $7.95, waiting for it to arrive, I didn't want to spend a lot on one since hopefully new hardware coming out in the next few months, to find it I searched "palm pre battery bp1"
    So has your battery arrived yet? How's it working? Reason why I ask is because I'm on ebay now looking at batteries and I'm seeing a lot of "seller refurbished" batteries. I wouldn't mind getting another battery for my Pre but I don't want to get something that doesn't fit correctly or doesn't charge properly or any other crazy scenario you could think of that wouldn't have happened otherwise if I had just bitten the bullet and bought a more expensive OEM replacement battery. Just wondering. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I've gotten new Centro batteries off Amazon for $3 and free shipping. I see the price now is around $5 but shipping is still free.

One or two spares of these and you'll have more battery capacity than any extended battery, and for a lot less money.

If you do want an extended battery, the Mugen is a safer choice. The new Dr. Battery app has shown some companies are passing off standard capacity as higher capacity (Seidio is the worst with over 1/2 in the poll showing standard batteries). I'd still check a Mugen anyway, as we have seen at least one report of a Mugen extended battery being only stock capacity.
    I bought 3 of these batteries and they are great. My original Pre+ battery was down to 50%. All 3 charge up to 1183 and seem to last longer than my original did when new.

NEW OEM PALM CENTRO 685 690 TREO 800W PRE PLUS BATTERY - eBay (item 330452213450 end time Sep-14-10 11:21:03 PDT)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yea, I didnt want to spend much money either, so I bought 2 centro batteries for $3ea shipping included. They work great and I been useing them for 2 months now. There is a million of them on Ebay. I'll swap them out every few weeks so they all stay charged and I have plenty of battery backup when I need it.
    what are you using to charge your extra batteries?
    Does this battery fit the Palm Pre?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what are you using to charge your extra batteries?
    I use either my Pre or the Palm battery charger I bought (the charger accepts the micro USB cable input).

Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Does this battery fit the Palm Pre?
    The Centro battery? Yes. P/N 157-10079-00. 1150 mAh, same form factor as the Pre battery. The Pre battery is only unique in its color (black) and labeling.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yup, I just charge them in the phones. They hold their charge pretty good when I pop a new one in. They were refurbished centros whatever that means, but I made sure I bought from an ebayer that was selling a ton of them. That way if they were bad, they would have sent me more of them. But both work great. So 3 batteries in all should take care of all my needs.
    The Mugen 1400 mAh battery seems to be a pretty good one. Mine is still working quite well.

I would avoid the Seidio 1350 based on info from other threads - seems some of them are actually stock 1150 mAh batteries relabeled as 1350.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)