Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I searched the forums and can't find an answer to this specific question I have about the Seido 2600mah battery (or pretty much any battery for the Pre that adds a larger back plate). My question is, with the 2600mah battery from Seido will the Pre still fit in the factory pouch that comes with the Pre from the store. I've tried several cases and just keep going back to the simple cloth pouch and do not want to let the thing fly loose in my pocket. I also don't want a plastic snap on case (like Otterbox and other snap ons like them). I don't like belt clip leather pouches either. So basically I just want to know if it fits in the factory pouch or if there are some simple cloth pouches that I'm just not seeing online similar to the factory cloth pouch, that I could get in conjunction with the extended battery. Any help would be useful. I apologize if I just didn't look hard enough throughout the forum.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Yeah, I had same problem. I have an extended battery..love it..but they havent made anything to cover the new backs...I looked all day on Saturday. I have a wallet and phone carrying case that expands and that works just fine...I love my Pre....I am a PreHugger.
    No. the 2600mah battery door is deeper or thicker if you will, and will not fit inside the factory pouch/sock. there are aftermarket pouches/socks whatever you want to cell them to accommodate your pre with the larger batter and battery door. I agree with you on your choice of protection for your device. i hate the best clip on cases. im in the airforce and i am always on the move and i feel that it would just fall off or get snagged on something. a nice microfiber lined sock or pouch is the best alternative IMHO.

Hope this helps.
    A1C Jordan Hayes.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hmmm. Well thanks guys. There's a cell phone accessory shop that has generic cases in it in the mall near where I live. I may just go there after my battery comes in and try to find something there. I need more battery life (especially with the overclocking kernel installed). I'll let you guys know if I find anything that is internet purchasable that fits it nicely in the form factor we are discussing. One way or another I'll figure something out.
    I am using the cheap holster that Verizon is blowing out in their touchstone/car adapter bundle for $14.99.

Not a top-end holster, but it can stretch to hold my 2600mAh equipped phone, it has a swivel clip, and it even has a magnetic closure.

I wouldn't have bought something like this, but it is included with a touchstone and a car adapter for $14.99 with free fedex shipping. hard to see any reason not to give that a try.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I am using the cheap holster that Verizon is blowing out in their touchstone/car adapter bundle for $14.99.

Not a top-end holster, but it can stretch to hold my 2600mAh equipped phone, it has a swivel clip, and it even has a magnetic closure.

I wouldn't have bought something like this, but it is included with a touchstone and a car adapter for $14.99 with free fedex shipping. hard to see any reason not to give that a try.
    I had one of those and hated it. Glad it's working for you and I know it's a popular form factor, but that's exactly what i was trying to stay away from. Those and the plastic snap on cases. I'm just looking for a case similar to the Pre's stock cloth case (doesn't have to be cloth) that fits the Pre with the after-market battery cover.