1.    #1  
    I know there are threads talking about using the Touchstone BACK with a Powermat, but what about using a Touchstone with Powermat Cases or replacement batteries (i.e. other phones)?
    there was someone who put the touchstone parts into an evo so they could use the puck for wireless charging.
    agreed 100%
    Bringing an old thread back to life... has anyone heard about this working? I have three touchstones and I was wondering if putting the powermat back on the EVO would allow me to use my touchstones for both my Pre and EVO.
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    Bringing an old thread back to life... has anyone heard about this working? I have three touchstones and I was wondering if putting the powermat back on the EVO would allow me to use my touchstones for both my Pre and EVO.
    I would like to know this too
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Me too, I just got an EVO and it is awsome but I miss my TS.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Why not buy the Evo back and try it? If it doesn't work, simply return it.
    i thought maybe someone tried it already , i had a ts modded in my car and it would be cool to have the best of both worlds. I guess i will go out and get one.
    I just tried it. I was hoping to put my 2 touchstones to work. I bought the powermat back and charging pad. I put the back on my EVO and tried to use it with the touchstones. I could feel the magnets grab, but no charging light came on. Then I read the manual and realized that the powermat back and receiver need to 'handshake'. I let the handshake happen and the EVO charged on the powermat. I hoped that it somehow activated the receiver and then the touchstone would work. No such luck. So I would have to say that no, the powermat back does not work with the touchstone.
    thanks for the post! Appreciate the news! Wish there was a mod. ..
    powermats and backs have rfid chips that need to talk to each other to begin charging. It shoud be possible to extract a rfid chip from a powerat puck and place it in the center of a touchstone, not sure. Or maybe better to short the connectors on the rfid in the back, making it always ready for charging cycle so it will work on a ts. I haven't tried either, my wife won't let me tear apart her powermat.