Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. k91191's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
       #1  
    I bought a second Touchstone earlier in the week and needed another wall charger/usb cable to power it.

    I ended up buying this wall charger off of a seller on Amazon. One of the reviews said it's the international charger. Anybody know for sure? The bigger of the two is the one that came with my phone, the smaller is the one that I bought.


  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by k91191 View Post
    I bought a second Touchstone earlier in the week and needed another wall charger/usb cable to power it.

    I ended up buying this wall charger off of a seller on Amazon. One of the reviews said it's the international charger. Anybody know for sure? The bigger of the two is the one that came with my phone, the smaller is the one that I bought.


    It look like the charger for the pixi. Even though it's not recommended to use a third paty charger. I've bought original stuff from other retailers that have the Palm logo. It look like a genuine Palm charger sold by another retailer. Note: Both the pre and pixi charger can work on either phone.

    Enjoy.
  3. #3  
    just received the one I bought from amazon
    exact same size as the one that came with phone (pre plus)
    can't say for sure but I think if it has two prongs it would not be international charger,just standard for U.S.
  4. k91191's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
       #4  
    Upon further inspection, my new wall adapter is made by Flextronics, so it certainly is fake. Also, does anyone have any idea as to why the Pixi wall charger is smaller than the Pre's?
  5. scottw911's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #5  
    I have a Sprint Pre with the larger OEM charger. My father-in-law bought a VZ Pre + and got the smaller OEM charger with his unit. I just think it is a carrier difference. Palm may have different manufacturers with different specs.
  6. k91191's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw911 View Post
    I have a Sprint Pre with the larger OEM charger. My father-in-law bought a VZ Pre + and got the smaller OEM charger with his unit. I just think it is a carrier difference. Palm may have different manufacturers with different specs.
    They most likely do. My Sprint Pre charger says China Foxlink on it, while the newer/smaller one says Flextronic.

    Thanks to everyone for helping me solve this mystery.
  7. #7  
    I have both the big and small one.

    The big one came with my launch day Pre, it's an "international charger" because if you try to twist the plug part counter-clock-wise, it comes off. You can then buy plugs of other countries from Palm.

    The small one that I got is from Sprint, which they gave me when I ask to buy one. (They said they don't have them for sell, buy they could give me one for free ) I assume this smaller one is Palm's new design to cut costs, since the plug is not changeable, it should be cheaper to produce.

    Yes, they look exactly like in your picture. Both are labeled " China Foxlink LPS ITE power supply". Is that related to Flextronics in anyway? I don't think Palm's market is large enough that people would want to produce fake chargers.
  8. f4systems's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #8  
    i had bought a spare charger and got one that looks like the smaller one u are showing but it also has a rubber piece around it that the USB cable wraps up in which makes it look like a yoyo.
  9. k91191's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    I have both the big and small one.

    The big one came with my launch day Pre, it's an "international charger" because if you try to twist the plug part counter-clock-wise, it comes off. You can then buy plugs of other countries from Palm.

    The small one that I got is from Sprint, which they gave me when I ask to buy one. (They said they don't have them for sell, buy they could give me one for free ) I assume this smaller one is Palm's new design to cut costs, since the plug is not changeable, it should be cheaper to produce.

    Yes, they look exactly like in your picture. Both are labeled " China Foxlink LPS ITE power supply". Is that related to Flextronics in anyway? I don't think Palm's market is large enough that people would want to produce fake chargers.
    Wow, I never knew that the top twisted off...MIND BLOWN.

Posting Permissions