1.    #1  
    Does anyone's Touchstone get hot just being plugged in? To me, this normally means the unit is pulling power, but kinda hard to put the Touchstone on a meter and test its output.

Maybe it just takes a long time for the unit to cool down after charging my Pre???

Not sure really, but the Micro-USB and Wall-wort interfaces are supposed to only draw power when they are not being used, nothing plugged in nothing drawing power, but the Touchstone may be recognized as a device pulling power even if minimally. Either way, I was wondering if anyone had some info about it and knew otherwise.

Thanks, Sorli...

PS - love my new Touchstones....
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Maybe it just takes a long time for the unit to cool down after charging my Pre???
    Unless you have a short....that's what is going on. The heat is transferred from the Pre during charging.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Mine is room temperature when simply plugged in (not charging the Pre).
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the feedback and mine is doing the same things and I'm just knew to TS charging. Sorli...
    make sure you aren't using an unapproved (cheap) wall adapter.
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/26/2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I don't leave it plugged in when the Pre is not on it.
    hmm, maybe a bad part. My touchstone is on 24/7, and it was always cool to the touch.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Mine doesn't get hot.