1.    #1  
    Between my wife and I, we have gone through 3 of the Otterbox Palm Pre cases! All 3 have cracked in the upper right corner of the front portion. We have only had the cases for 2 months. The cases are under warranty and we have already warrantied 1 (hence the third case). Otterbox customer support has been great as far as the warranty replacement. But the fact that all 3 cases have broken in the exact same spot does not give me confidence to bother with another warranty replacement.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    my case doesn't grip the phone anymore. Slider gets stuck.
    I had this exact same problem with the Otterbox case a month or so ago. I had only had it for a few weeks, then it dropped about 2 1/2 feet from a bed to a carpeted floor, cracking the top corner. Shoddy build quality. I was expecting a lot better due to all of the rave reviews of the product...
    Thanks for the timely information... I hesitated whether to buy an otterbox or a pdair, both of them looked good to me. Now i decide to buy a pdair leather one which will never crack
    I've been lucky (?) enough to drop it on the bottom. I am a Hurricane Window & Door contractor and unfortunately, abusive to my phones. I actually swear by the Otterbox cases (compared to others..) and have been 'debated' on this very same issue. You are not alone. Although most have complained, ultimately, they 'praised' the companies quick response and no hassle replacement. Not one has experienced damage, which I guess is good.

Dieter posted a photo on Twitter that shows a nice chunk out of the top corner of his (many?) Pre which Otterbox may have saved, but probably have broken the case from the way you describe. If you find another case, please post, I'm always looking for ways to protect my baby!

btw: I really like Otterbox's covering of the rocker which used to break on my alot. (probably dust...)

- JohnnyPre
    Oh, and no Touchstone ability drives me nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Oh, and no Touchstone ability drives me nuts!
    That's what's preventing me from getting one, it's just way too smooth and easy to set it on a touchstone and I would not want to dig open the USB door with a big case surrounding it.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    New Otterbox case came, design is a bit different, pics coming soon.

Nope, seems like the same case but the tabs seem a bit stronger.

I think any 2 piece case will break eventually, the tabs will come off and the case won't stick anymore. My next phone most likely will be a 1 piece candy bar design like the iphone and the defender series from Otterbox.