1.    #1  
    Bought a new car that has BT built in (hyundai genesis) and am now annoyed by the 5-10 min chore of "auto-syncing" my phone to the car EVERY TIME I start the engine which prevents me from making or receiving calls until it completes--very annoying.

So, there is no setting in the car that prevents this auto-sync. Is there a function in the Pre or an available patch (I've searched with no luck) that can allow me to control and stop the never-ending auto-sync??

Thanks in advance for any help.
    that's odd. My Pre syncs to my Garmin GPS in just a few seconds... so let's get some more info because I'm guessing your car has a lot more going on than my GPS.

My guess at the start is that the car is downloading your entire contact list. In my case it isn't doing that. Do you have a lot of contacts?

Is the Genesis system taking a long time to boot up? How are you disconnecting it before shutting off/leaving the car? What BT profile is it connecting with? Have you searched any forums on your car to see if others have similar issues with other phones? I have a friend with a Genesis from the first year they made them. Standard feature phone connects in just a few seconds after pushing the button. Is that because it isn't a smart phone? Curious what you find from other Genesis owners.

Are you turning off the bluetooth radio on your phone or connecting to something else while out of the car? I have found that if I am paired with one headset and turn it off, my Pre isn't in a hurry to pair with the next device I turn on unless I tell it to. I assume this is so you aren't surprised when you walk away and then come right back (like going in to a gas station).

Those are some areas to look for clues. I'll be curious to know what you find.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    that's odd. My Pre syncs to my Garmin GPS in just a few seconds... so let's get some more info because I'm guessing your car has a lot more going on than my GPS.

My guess at the start is that the car is downloading your entire contact list. In my case it isn't doing that. Do you have a lot of contacts?
    No, maybe 60.

Is the Genesis system taking a long time to boot up? How are you disconnecting it before shutting off/leaving the car? What BT profile is it connecting with? Have you searched any forums on your car to see if others have similar issues with other phones? I have a friend with a Genesis from the first year they made them. Standard feature phone connects in just a few seconds after pushing the button. Is that because it isn't a smart phone? Curious what you find from other Genesis owners.
    Takes 5 seconds for the genesis system to come online after starting the car. There is no on/off connection. My Pre bluetooth is on all the time and when I get in the car and start the system knows it's there. I am on gencoupe.com forum and several people have said their phones sync every time also but the process takes ~20 seconds.

Are you turning off the bluetooth radio on your phone or connecting to something else while out of the car? I have found that if I am paired with one headset and turn it off, my Pre isn't in a hurry to pair with the next device I turn on unless I tell it to. I assume this is so you aren't surprised when you walk away and then come right back (like going in to a gas station).
    Never turn off the bluetooth radio nor do I pair it with anything else. Any advice you can throw my way would be great.
    next step is to try another smartphone with your car, and your pre with anotjer car. Somewhere here is a thread of bluetooth issues from bmw owners and a few other cars, but I think the issues where fixed in 1.4.1.1

might be some clues there. Might be a defective pre. Can you drive to verizon and try to pair a demo phone with your car right in their parking lot?
    ps, here is one of many on the topic soecific to bmw. Search for blutooth in 'titles only' and you will also find many relating to other car types. I just happened to remember this one:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...ter-1-4-a.html
  6.    #6  
    This is above and beyond dude, I appreciate your help. If I get it figured out I'll let you know.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Hey Josh, congrats on your new ride, it's a really nice car.
    I picked up the new Sonata last week, and have set up Mode Switcher to launch the contacts app when I put my Pre on the charger in the car. Under the drop down menu, there is the option to 'send all to car kit' this works really quickly (seconds, really) and avoids the lengthy 'phone book downloading' process.
    I don't have this issue all the time, it downloaded quickly sometimes, and not others, but this solution works every time.
    Good Luck.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    Hey Josh, congrats on your new ride, it's a really nice car.
    I picked up the new Sonata last week, and have set up Mode Switcher to launch the contacts app when I put my Pre on the charger in the car. Under the drop down menu, there is the option to 'send all to car kit' this works really quickly (seconds, really) and avoids the lengthy 'phone book downloading' process.
    I don't have this issue all the time, it downloaded quickly sometimes, and not others, but this solution works every time.
    Good Luck.
    Thanks dude, I'm a hyundai guy and have owned a santa fe and a sonata...although not nearly as nice as the one you're driving.

Re: "set up mode switcher", what is this? Is this a function in the car or in the Pre (my genesis coupe does not have navigation, so there are no dropdown menus in my car).

Thanks for the help.
    check first for compatability...

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Bluetooth devices that are compatible with Palm Pre phones

coz if its not listed there... most likely its not compatible and may not work properly...
    i tried checking the list, im not good with cars, but i cant seem to find hyundai on the list(?)
    it should still work, but it might not support all the profiles that the car does. There are other hundai owners that are using a Pre.
    yeap.. thats why i said it might not work properly xD

hopefully it will work for him...
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    Thanks dude, I'm a hyundai guy and have owned a santa fe and a sonata...although not nearly as nice as the one you're driving.

Re: "set up mode switcher", what is this? Is this a function in the car or in the Pre (my genesis coupe does not have navigation, so there are no dropdown menus in my car).

Thanks for the help.
    Mode Switcher is in the testing feeds of Preware, it allows you to set up different 'modes'. I have designed a car mode, where it will launch Nan Player, Bluetooth, Pandora & Contacts when I put my Pre on the Touchstone. I then manually send the contacts to the car kit, which is listed as 'Sonata' It works quickly each time I do this, and eliminates the long download issue.
    I have an aftermarket Kenwood stereo system with bluetooth. It normally connected within seconds of starting up the car. Then it didn't. After several days, I figured out that I needed to reboot the stereo. After the reboot, it again connects immediately and has worked correctly for months.

Of course, the reboot was a pain because I had to reconfigure most of the settings. But it was worth it to get the bluetooth working again.
    Yeap, the guess is syncing contacts. This is a 2010 car?