1.    #1  
    I am looking for a BT headset that can pause audio (music and podcasts) via one earpiece.
    I love my present Jabra 8040 single earpiece that can run the A2DP stereo protocol/stack.

I've been listening to audio books and podcasts so much with it, I'm starting to wonder how many/which models out there can pause/FF music and are a single earpiece (vs dual).

I've casually browsed but have only come across the Jabra 8010 (which can be used as a single or dual earpiece). I'm sure a bunch can do it, but are a stereo (2 ear) solution.

Anyone know of a BT earpiece that meets these requirements?
    1) Can function as a single earpiece
    2) Runs the A2DP protocol (which I assume it needs to stream stereo music)
    3) Runs the 'X' protocol (which would allow music pausing, FF'ing, etc)

Also, does anyone know the protocol that would allow 'X' above?
    Last edited by visigothwarrior; 08/16/2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: clarification
    AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Protocol) is what's used by Bluetooth headsets. Not sure of any specific single earpiece models though.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    don't know of any BT headset that can fast forward or rewind, but all the stereo BT headsets will pause, and skip tracks.
  4.    #4  
    ah yes, AVRCP is what I was looking for.
    Anyone who reads this tread and knows of a single BT earpiece (that can maybe work in double or single mode, like the Jabra 8010), post here. I knew/know of the Jabra line when I bought my last one, but not too familiar with any of the other companies.
    Remember, I'm looking for a Single earpiece, so I can rest my head on a pillow while going to sleep (speakers are too loud for bed companions)