• Seidio 1350 proofed FAKE

66 40.49%
  • Seidio 1350 but don't know how to read "full40"

4 2.45%
  • I needed to press that button

68 41.72%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    how can i test my battery to find its true capacity???
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyyay View Post
    how can i test my battery to find its true capacity???
    Download the Dr. Battery app via Preware and also read the Dr. Battery thread for more info.
  3.    #123  
    Please buy a Mugen 1400 instead.
    Last edited by somline; 10/03/2010 at 01:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I also have a fake. Started reading battery threads after I purchased the 1350 and noted no difference in life. Then came across this. A little late to the party.
    However, last post I see here is 9/30, and I just purchased my battery from Pre Central last week. So, if we all have known this since last year, why is the Precentral store still selling them???
  5.    #125  
    I already ask them on 08/14 to not advertise or test before selling these Batteries. I've got no answer.
    I also wrote to precentral; again no answer.
    I assume they need the money for the advertising from Seidio.
    It would be good if this warning would be sticky, but this is not in my hand.

If you purchased it last week you can send it back? Personally I suggest get a Mugen.

EDIT: According to this post you have 30 days for sending it back?
    Last edited by somline; 10/10/2010 at 03:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yes. Should have said that. It's already in a box with a copy of the packing slip and note saying it did not test out at a 1350. They are obligated to credit anyway, but got the jab in anyway. Ordered the Mugen last night for 14.00 less and no freight. ($31.xx)
    However after I ordered I noticed some talk about using the Centro battery and I have 2 of them. These are pretty old batteries. One of them checked at 96% health. What possibly could be the problem using a battery with the exact same volt and mah rating as the Pre battery?? So I guess I will use the Mugen as the main. Nice to have the spares, but switching is a pain with a hard case.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm2010 View Post
    However after I ordered I noticed some talk about using the Centro battery and I have 2 of them. These are pretty old batteries. One of them checked at 96% health. What possibly could be the problem using a battery with the exact same volt and mah rating as the Pre battery??
    Centro batteries work fine in the Pre. People have been using them since the Pre came out.

You may want to re-calibrate the centro batteries. Even though the health checks at 96%, chances are it's not accurate. Battery health degrades with age, even just sitting on a shelf.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Sorry it was 86% not 96%. The other Centro batt was only 76% and the 3 month old stock Pre was 92%. Dissapointing. Yes, I ran them all down on the phone with the app and charged them back. I guess that's all I have to do? I was going to read more on the Dr. Battery forum instead of clouding up this one.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm2010 View Post
    Sorry it was 86% not 96%. The other Centro batt was only 76% and the 3 month old stock Pre was 92%. Dissapointing. Yes, I ran them all down on the phone with the app and charged them back. I guess that's all I have to do? I was going to read more on the Dr. Battery forum instead of clouding up this one.
    Thanks
    Yes, the Dr. Battery forum has a lot of good info. You can use the Dr. Battery app to calibrate. Open the app, go to the Calibrate screen (best to make sure battery is already discharged pretty low) and then wait for the notification to tell you to start charging. More info can be found when you click on the "i" for info at the top right of the calibration screen.

Calibration mode "starts" when the voltage drops to approximately 3.413V. You then have around 30 seconds to start charging, the battery will then go into learning mode. Let it run until calibration completes, you should get a message saying it was successful or it failed.

If it fails, you can try resetting health to 100% and re-calibrating. It also helps to put the phone in airplane mode while calibrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Please buy a Mugen 1400 instead.
    have had mine for almost 2 weeks now and I see a noticeable difference,,love it.
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    have had mine for almost 2 weeks now and I see a noticeable difference,,love it.
    The Battery the palm should have come with ;-)
    I just realized that my sedio 1350 battery that I've owned for about 9 months is a fake and only shows 1150. I've been dupped. It "seemed to last a little longer but... Talk about the placebo effect.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead47 View Post
    I just realized that my sedio 1350 battery that I've owned for about 9 months is a fake and only shows 1150. I've been dupped. It "seemed to last a little longer but... Talk about the placebo effect.
    To be fair if you got it after having used the stock for a while you may have already shaved like 10% of life off the stock battery. So the Shiny new siedio would still last a bit longer. I just got a new stock form sprint as my original was down to 78% health. Very noticeable difference.
    Discovered I had a defective fraud. Stated my displeasure and surprise to the precentral store that they would carry products with such a bad history and received this reply.

"Seidio does sell many of these batteries with no problems. Keep in mind that a 200 mAh increase will not give you that much extra battery life."

The fact that they knowingly sell these batteries on the basis of 'well, some of them are fine' indicates that the precentral store lacks integrity. The store has lost me as a customer until such time as they denounce the Seido 1350 and apologize to their customers. It's just shameful that they would put their name behind fraudulent purchases.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Perhaps we should rally the troops and just flood their emails and suggestion boxes or make multiple threads on here complaining about them and keep em at the top. If we push the issue hard for even one solid day they may have to comment. Comments on all posts should no longer be "first" and instead be "stop selling seidio batteries!!".
    I got one from the Precentral store and it works as advertised.

Still, if they sold an 1100 mAh one, they should make it right.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Well, I was thinking about getting one from the pre central store, but I guess I won't now. Do the mugan1400 rate 1400 consistently? And how "stable" are they? Meaning to they digrade faster than the stock battery, any problems overheating and whatnot. Also I saw an amzer on amazon, are they better or worse? Couldn't find the mugen1400 on amazon.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  18.    #138  
    There is a thread about the Mugen http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-battery.html
    Some Mugens have a MFR (Manufacturer Rating) of 1376 others like mine have more than 1400 (e.g. 1463mAh).
    I have mine just a month but here is what netwrkr was posting:
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Yes it does (just ran it down to recalibrate it). It is over 11 months old now and it still has 88% capacity. I tested it with the Dr. Battery App and it's original capacity was 1376. I have been very satisfied with my Mugen 1400 battery.
    I've heard that the amzer are more like Seidios. But don't have a proof to show you.
    Here is what zmann recommends for buying a mugen.
    Thanks, alot of good info in those threads. Looks like I'll be picking one up soon, hopefully I can get 1463!
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Update on the 1450:
    Had it in the phone exclusively since mid October. Battery health is 95% after I had manually set it to 100% the first day. It came out of the box at 95%. interesting.
    I overtrained it. For the first 10 plus times, I completely discharged it to almost zero every time and made sure it was kept on a charger until it was back at 100%. The good news is with some minor adjustments like turning off Bluetooth when I get home, this battery really kicks over the stock battery. I can talk and surf for several hours and have ample life yet. Very happy with it.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast