• Seidio 1350 but don't know how to read "full40"

4 2.45%
  • I needed to press that button

68 41.72%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    .....getfull40 file and the getage file are not affiliated with Palm.....
    Very funny:
    This is the interface to the battery from the driver build by palm in the kernel. It's open source and you can download it at palms side:
    Code:
    b/drivers/w1/slaves/w1_ds2784.c
    /*
     *	w1_ds2784.c - w1 family 23 (DS2784) driver
     * Copyright (c) 2008 Palm Inc.
     * This source code is licensed under the GNU General Public License,
     * Version 2. See the file COPYING for more details.
     */
    Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    ....the getfull40 file and the getage file are not approved methods in battery calibration and reading....
    They have no clue what they are talking about. They probably don't build them by their own.
    The age (Age Scalar AS) is exactly build for that purpose:
    Please read the manual:
    Code:
    Page 23 Table 6. Example Cell Characterization Table (Normalized to +40°C)
    Manufacturer’s Rated Cell Capacity:Full "(40")

Page 24
    Age Scalar (AS)—AS adjusts the cell capacity estimation results downward to compensate 
    for aging. The AS is a 1-byte value that has a range of 49.2% to 100%. The LSb is 
    weighted at 0.78% (precisely 2-7). A value of 100% (128 decimal or 80h) represents an 
    unaged battery. A value of 95% is recommended as the starting AS value at the time of 
    pack manufacture to allow the learning of a larger capacity on batteries that have an initial 
    capacity greater than the rated cell capacity programmed in the cell characteristic table. 
    The AS is modified by aging estimation introduced under aging capacity and by the 
    capacity-learn function. The host system has read and write access to the AS, however 
    caution should exercised when writing it to ensure that the cumulative aging estimate is 
    not overwritten with an incorrect value. The AS is automatically saved to EEPROM 
    (see Table 7 for details). The EEPROM value is recalled on power-up.
    EDIT: And the palm is using exactly this information in the process powerd to calculate the "over charge fault":
    Code:
    {powerd}: CHG_LOGIC: BatteryOverchargeFault overcharge diag: 
    raw = (1265.62) > 1006f (full_mAh [1350] * age [93.75] / 100) = (1265.62))
    Last edited by somline; 08/27/2010 at 06:53 AM.
  2.    #82  
    @Seidio:
    Please consult a technician who can explain to you how the "Dallas Semiconductor Maxim DS2784 1-Cell Stand-Alone Fuel Gauge IC with Li+ Protector and SHA-1" which is integrated into your batteries works.
    If you don't know such a person, because you're not building these batteries by your own you may call Amzer or Muggen. They can explain to you, how your batteries should work.

EDIT: Please don't fool around with us. Here are not only kids.
    I've studied electrical engineer and computer science some time ago.
    Working now in a large company active throughout the world.
    Last edited by somline; 08/27/2010 at 07:06 AM.
    Mine is:
    getfull40 : 1363.125
    getage: 98.43750

I suppose this Seidio is indeed 1360mAh, so file me under OK (I have voted)...
    I say it's time to bring this to someone with more clout. I wonder how Siedo would like to be slashdotted?

I assume that batteries are of course covered under the consumer protection act. My question is due tot he fact that they are apart of a phone can they also be looked at through FCC regulations?I'm probably stretching it but never hurts to find out who does govern this portion
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    has anyone checked their Siedio 2600? I just checked mine and it shows 2300. I am feeling very ripped off by these "quality Japanese cells" I paid so much for...
  6.    #86  
    What I have read, they all are 2300.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    What I have read, they all are 2300.
    but that doesn't make it right. If they are mislabeling, that's fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    but that doesn't make it right. If they are mislabeling, that's fraud.
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you, except Seidio of course.
    That is my impression as well. And while disappointing that it is not the 2600 advertised it still is over twice the capacity of the stock battery. So I'm happy with it but disappointed with seidio. My concern is like several others: Is this an issue with seidio and they are knowingly packaging lesser than advertised capacity in a percentage of them and they have been discovered and trying to sweep it under the rug; or someone else manufactures the batteries for seidio and it is seidio directly and their customers indirectly victims. If it is the first case then shame on seidio and the cost repercussions is their loss. If it is second case then seidio should seek action against them so the cost repercussions is passed to them. Either way it is my honest opinion that the responsible thing for seidio to do is replace regardless of warranty any battery that is not the advertised capacity. I will be expecting press release or similar public release of a resolution to this. As a first time customer of seidio with my purchase of the 2600 (but turns out is only 2300) from a year ago; this issue has swayed me to consider other brands for future battery purchases. Despite the fact being satisfied with the product it by itself doesn't hold me as a customer regardless of product or service. I have in the past sought action through the BBB against other companies for providing misleading info intentional or not. Most of them as a result I got a refund. None of them did I find out a year after the fact I got something that was not what was advertised.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Has anyone gotten Seidio to replace a battery more than 180 days old? For some reason I can't find my receipt email anywhere... and I ALWAYS save my receipts.

It shouldn't matter how long ago I purchased this battery, what they sold me isn't the same as what they advertised.

I think it would be a lot easier on both us consumers and Seidio if we they will publicly state a standard policy that applies to all of us with deceptive batteries.
    wow. Downloaded battery doctor and it shows my batter rating at 1150. I have the 1350. Never thought to check, but my phone does last noticeably longer than the stock battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    wow. Downloaded battery doctor and it shows my batter rating at 1150. I have the 1350. Never thought to check, but my phone does last noticeably longer than the stock battery.
    I just saw this in preware but didn't look if it had a thread for it or not. I assume it is meant to be used in conjunction with the diagnosing and such that somline is working on.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    You're actual the first one reporting this. One of the problems is the "overcharge fault" check of webOS. It terminates the charging if:
    actual mAh > manufacturer rating * health / 100
    This means if your battery can hold 1350 it will charged only until approx. 1150.
    Maybe your stock battery you are comparing with is not good anymore.
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I just saw this in preware but didn't look if it had a thread for it or not. I assume it is meant to be used in conjunction with the diagnosing and such that somline is working on.
    You probably have found the app and page already. Yes it's the result of our battery journey.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Just a FYI, I did get a new Seidio 2600 mAh battery. The getfull40=2300 and getage=100...just like Flak1969 posted. Not sure where the missing 300 mAh is...but will start using it and see if the getfull40 will change. Yes, it does make the back of the Pre thicker, but it sure lasts alot longer than the Palm OEM battery and even the Seidio 1350 battery. Good luck with everyone who has a Seidio 1350 battery that is reporting getfull40=1150 to get a free replacement from Seidio that actually has 1350 mAh capacity.
    How do I find that "getfull40" in internalz, again? I have s Seido 2600mAh battery and am curious to know what it's real rating is.
    "And miles to go before I sleep..."
    Guitarist/Composer/Founder- Metal band-"DARK BLU"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Blu View Post
    How do I find that "getfull40" in internalz, again? I have s Seido 2600mAh battery and am curious to know what it's real rating is.
    So; I programmed over a week (day and night) and you don't want to install it ;-)
    Find it here.
    EDIT: Dr.Battery is showing this value as "Manufacturer rating" in the "Health" scene.

BTW: Nice Fender I have a 64'
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Found it (Sys). Will get your Dr. Battery. Your programming was not in vain, friend. :-)

Actually this is a Charvel Model 3A that I built last year. It suffered a non-repairable stress crack and had to be retired. Am currently playing an ESP M-100FM as my main, with an Ibanez and a Custom Fender as backups. ;-)
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Ok.

Getfull is 2300, so the Seidio 2600 mAh battery I bought is below it's rated capacity at 100%. Purchased from Pre|Central store. Not going to bother with return/exchange. just won't buy Seidio again as there are too many instances of extended batteries below rating. Thank for this thread. Very informative.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Ok.

Getfull is 2300, so the Seidio 2600 mAh battery I bought is below it's rated capacity at 100%. Purchased from Pre|Central store. Not going to bother with return/exchange. just won't buy Seidio again as there are too many instances of extended batteries below rating. Thank for this thread. Very informative.
    You probably figured it out, but 2300 is just 1150 * 2. They just ganged two regular batteries together. If they really had 1350, they would be able to sell a 2700, not just a 2600 (1350 * 2).
  20.    #100  
    Ok.

As of now all 2600 Seidios are reading 2300. But I think still a good battery?

I've lissend to you musik. Much to heave for an old man ;-)
    But very well played. Good heavy sound and way to fast for me.
    somline on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast