• Seidio 1350 proofed FAKE

66 40.49%
  • Seidio 1350 but don't know how to read "full40"

4 2.45%
  • I needed to press that button

68 41.72%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    We stand behind the quality and description of our products.
    Well that's wonderful. But as a LONG time customer of Seidio, the way I was blown off by your customer service has completely put me off buying anything from you in the future. I purchased THREE products from you for my Pre and ALL of them either broke during regular use or proved defective and not ONE of them was replaced by Seidio. Here is a list:

Seidio Innocase - Blue - Upper right tab on back cover snapped off - customer service refused to replace.
    Seidio Innocase Holster (with headphone access) - plastic between the top clip split, holster still works but broken nonetheless - no replacement given.
    Seidio 1350mah Battery for Pre - only shows 1150mah rating, defective. No replacement.

$80-ish dollars down the drain, I won't be fooled again. You guys REALLY need to step up the quality of your products or at least throw us a bone here.
    somline,

Thanks for your battery work, I am happy to know how to check my battery life!

I wonder if you could add a survey to the thread - if your battery is 'fake', where did you buy it?

I wonder if there is some conterfeit battery sales on ebay.
    if your battery is 'fake', where did you buy it?
    I bought two of the 1350s direct from Seidio when they were first released (one for me, one for my gf's Pre). Both of them are the 'fake' variety
    Quote: if your battery is 'fake', where did you buy it?

I bought two of the 1350s direct from Seidio when they were first released (one for me, one for my gf's Pre). Both of them are the 'fake' variety
    Ok, well, that settles that.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    FYI, I talked with Seidio customer "service" today. Since I am outside the 6 month window, the best they would do is offer 20% off a new battery.

So they do NOT stand behind the product - they will sell a fraudulently labeled item and say "the Palm Pre does not read the battery capacity correctly".

Their $45 battery works no better than a $3 Centro battery (unless you happen to get one of the 1350 ones that some of you did).
    i say we ask Precentral to remove the Seido batteries due to fraudulent sales. Maybe even a Boycott
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    FYI, I talked with Seidio customer "service" today. Since I am outside the 6 month window, the best they would do is offer 20% off a new battery.

So they do NOT stand behind the product - they will sell a fraudulently labeled item and say "the Palm Pre does not read the battery capacity correctly".

Their $45 battery works no better than a $3 Centro battery (unless you happen to get one of the 1350 ones that some of you did).
    Unfortunately this is what I've expected. Sorry they didn't exchange it.

If Seidio convince me that they read the 2 byte out of the eeprom with a different result I'll buy you a new battery ;-). Why do we have different results on some Seidos? Why did so many Seidio owners had the feeling of no longer batterylife since one year?
    Either they have no clue what they are selling or they try to hush up the matter. It's probably the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    i say we ask Precentral to remove the Seido batteries due to fraudulent sales. Maybe even a Boycott
    I did this already and got now answer. For me this cast a damning light on presentral.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    sucks... buying the extended battery and getting crap...
    This thread is very informative. No more Seidio products for me.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Between my numerous Treos and two Pre's (mine and the Mrs), I've probably purchased more than 10 products from Seidio over the past 5 years. Most of these have been replacement cases or (mostly) holsters which I just chalked up to overuse but I'm now sitting on a FAKE 1350 extended battery??!! I am ****ED!!! I can tolerate breakage from "delicate" equipment but not out and out FRAUD!! I'm on board: No MORE SEIDIO PRODUCTS FOR ME....and I'm spreading the word!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Hmmm ... I'm wondering if we should all start filing complaints against them via the Houston BBB website. Thoughts?
    It wouldn't hurt. Maybe people can get a refund. At the very least it will drive Seidio's BBB rating even lower and possibly save someone else from making a purchase that they will regret.
    Got mine in Feb 2010 (from Seido website), says getfull40: 1363.125, getpercent: 90, getage:97.65, getcapacity: 1319.8.

What is the difference between getcapacity and get age?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    getAge is what percentage out of 100 your battery has left (100 being brand new)

getCapacity is your getfull40 * getage%
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I thought for sure one of mine was a fake Seidio. We bought several for 4 pre's. So I've been using the one of the 4 that I thought must be a fake as it doesn't seem to hold as good a charge but it's a getfull40: 1363. Age was 100%. So I guess mine's a real one. mobilecityonline.com is where I bought mine. Maybe this newer batch (purchased in last 2 weeks), is better (genuine). Still not sure why this 1 of the 4 isn't up to par. Maybe I should try calibrating it??
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    I got my battery yesterday and swapped it out around 5 pm.

It was charging fine last night and when I woke up this morning and checked it at 8 am, the phone was not illuminating as normal (showing the clock when on the touchstone). The lower 'slide' area was flashing slowly.

I hit the power button and the phone rebooted.

It shows about a 1/4 full now and is recharging.

Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Mine is a fraudulent 1150 not the 1350 i paid for. Explains why i was unimpressed with the "improvement" in battery life when i bought it.

Anybody know of any extended batteries from another manufacturer that work?
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have a 1350 battery. after applying the change getfull40 to 1350 yesterday. I left it on the charger all night. I did my normal usage this morning and afternoon at work. my results are noticeably better. normally I would have to put it on the charger around 2:30 pm at 21%, today I was at 54%. tomorrow I will reanable email checking every 4hrs and facebook every hour. usually with these going I only make to 12pm at 16%. this will be a true test for me.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWW00 View Post
    Anybody know of any extended batteries from another manufacturer that work?
    I use a Mugen 1400 mAh. While the initial value only read 1363 mAh instead of 1400, the price is only $31.95 and I believe shipping is free. The only downside if I remember correctly is that it took several weeks to ship from Honk Kong.

My 9 month old Mugen still shows 95% capacity (1295 mAh) so I'm pretty happy with it.
    My PM to them...
    Quote Originally Posted by wags
    I have been reading the posts and as of late it appears there is a problem with some batteries. I purchased my Seidio 1350 mAh battery from PreCentral back on 8/21/2009 which is well past the 6 months I have seen in many posts. I would still like to get a true 1350 from you but am not sure if I should even start the process with the battery being a year old. Is it still possible for me to get a replacement for my non-1350 battery?

When I check my battery, the getfull40 file shows 1150.000 and the getage file shows 86.71875. Please let me know of any more information I can provide to help get the process started. Thanks!
    Their response...
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Because the getfull40 file and the getage file are not affiliated with Palm, I can not comment on the program. I apologize about this, but you are out of the 180 day warranty period. We offer this warranty period for customers to receive a replacement if they received a defective product or it breaks through normal usage.

For future purchases, I encourage you to contact us right away if you don't see an improvement in battery life, so you can replace the item within the warranty period.

Because the getfull40 file and the getage file are not approved methods in battery calibration and reading, I can not comment them. However, I apologize about this, but you are out of the 180 day warranty period. We offer this warranty period for customers to receive a replacement if they received a defective product or it breaks through normal usage. If you have any further questions, please feel free to PM me.
    Looks like I have a fake and they won't work with a customer to even attempt to make me any happier with the situation. I will have to help out their customers now but giving Seidio one less person to deal with and worry about... I will never buy from them again.

Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    My PM to them...

Their response...

Looks like I have a fake and they won't work with a customer to even attempt to make me any happier with the situation. I will have to help out their customers now but giving Seidio one less person to deal with and worry about... I will never buy from them again.

Wags
    Surely there should be some recourse under consumer law, since they sold you a falsely labelled product?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast