66 40.49%
  • Seidio 1350 but don't know how to read "full40"

4 2.45%
  • I needed to press that button

68 41.72%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #41  
    You all know I'm not native english speaking. But I would write something like this to Seidio, to get a replacement:

-------------------------
    Hi Seidio,

it turned out I got a faulty battery from you. Your Battery never had the 1350mAh I payed for.
    I proved that by reading the full value in the EEPROM memory block at register 6A and 6B from the integrated Fuel Gauge IC Dallas Semiconductor MAXIM DS2784.
    As you certainly know this value is set by the manufacturer (which is you) and never gets changed later. This value is the rated capacity your battery was sold.
    I always wondered why the battery life never was longer than with the original Palm one. Now I found the reason why.
    I expect you will exchange it. I assume this happened accidentally and you don't sell batteries with less capacity intentionally.
    -------

Maybe someone (with better english ;-) can write an exemplary letter and post it here.

EDIT: Xandu73 did it here. Thanks.
    Last edited by somline; 08/19/2010 at 02:30 AM.
    We stand behind the quality and description of our products.

As for the App, I can't comment on that because we did not develop that App and don't know how it was written.

We want our customers to be satisfied with our products and if you have a defective battery that is within the warranty period, we will replace it.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    LMAO. Its not an app, its built in routines and software that palm incorporates into WebOS. Take Palm pre or Pixi, stick your battery in there and find out for your self. Pretty easy. You have engineers at the company so it should be straight forward process. You need to come back with something more concrete than "We stand behind the quality and description of our products". Test few batches of batteries and provide results and explanation of why this is happening or possible reason for why its happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    And yet you still refuse to answer the main question...ARE YOU SELLING 1150 mAh batteries mis-labeled as 1350's?

As for the App, I can't comment on that because we did not develop that App and don't know how it was written.
    Well then, tell everyone how Seidio calculates the capacity of your batteries and we'll see if others can duplicate it.

We want our customers to be satisfied with our products and if you have a defective battery that is within the warranty period, we will replace it.
    I think your customers would be more satisfied with a proper explanation instead of you dancing around the issue. This has nothing to do with defective batteries and everything to do with possible sales fraud.

Does Seidio manufacture these batteries or do you just purchase them from a supplier and slap your name on them? If so, maybe Seidio is getting the shaft also....but since it's your name on the batteries, and you are selling them, it's Seidio's responsibility to make sure that customers are getting what they pay for.
  5.    #45  

Thanks allot for still being with us,

I don't know what app your talking about. The info in this thread is read directly from the chip inside your battery. Please consult the engineering staff of your company for an explanation of the EEPROM memory Block of the Fuel Gauge IC which is integrated into your batteries. You can read the manual of this chip here.

This info is a 100% proof that (some) batteries from your company where sold as 1350mAh which actually are only 1150mAh.

Again: I assume this happened accidentally and you don't sell batteries with less capacity intentionally.

We expect that you are willing to exchange such batteries independent of the day of purchase.

Please let us know how we can get an exchange of such batteries.

Best regards
    somline
    EDIT:
    (if it helps to convince you)
    graduate engineer computer science and electrical engineering
    Last edited by somline; 08/17/2010 at 04:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    legal *****slap
    I would like to +1 on what this fine forum member has said, I am very p*ssed to say the least. I spent a lot of money on the battery and in getting it posted to england, and the fact that its not as advertised, something I only knew now thanks to this thread, is ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I bought my 1350 a few weeks ago after my original Palm battery started only making it about 6 hours with moderate usage (gut feeling, didn't know about the stats stuff then). The new 1350 is saying 1363.125 with GetFull40 for me. Get Age is 100.000 for me too. I never checked my OEM Palm battery stats, but I guess I could throw it back in for kicks and check it out.

I wonder if the ones purchased/manufactured earlier are more at risk or not. I guess that's really tough to tell, and could be somewhat of a gamble.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nKoan; 08/18/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

So if you sold a low capacity battery (not 1350, but 1150) to me as a full 1350 mAh product, but it's over 180 days, then I'm out the money or option to get a replacement battery?

That's not standing behind the quality or description of your product. You sold me a product with 20% less performance than advertised, and I'm stuck with it.

Your company's reputation is seriously on the line, and you need to think through this better. Either you have been taken by your battery supplier, or you've taken us. You need to address this situation either way.
    Sounds like a case of not delivering what is advertised seems like it's a very wide problem and Seidio doesn't appear to be stepping up. Seems like the old corporate bob and weave this should be posted in other forums like Android central and Crackberry to see if user have similar issue with batteries which are sold with one mAh rating and arrive with a different one. If this is the case maybe we can save people some money on a fake upgrade.
    Would love to know if the other SE staffer have the seido battery for others phones and can check the same thing on their Android phones. If this is true across all phones then this is a very very serious issue. If it's only the Pre/Pixi batteries then it still a serious issue
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoneit View Post
    the difference between Very serious and serious is....
    How many people complain
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  12. viv
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    Sounds like a case of not delivering what is advertised seems like it's a very wide problem and Seidio doesn't appear to be stepping up. Seems like the old corporate bob and weave this should be posted in other forums like Android central and Crackberry to see if user have similar issue with batteries which are sold with one mAh rating and arrive with a different one. If this is the case maybe we can save people some money on a fake upgrade.
    I was curious regarding this and googled the android forums and found these two threads -

* SEIDIO - Liar, Liar, Your Pants Are On Fire...
    * SEIDIO 1750mAh vs. HTC OEM Batteries...

It looks like android users are aware of this issue as well.

Also found some other battery tests for the Evo
    * [Aug 7th] Investigation of battery capacity claims. EVO AMZER serious ripoff everyone
    Last edited by viv; 08/19/2010 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    I was curious regarding this and googled the android forums and found these two threads -

* SEIDIO - Liar, Liar, Your Pants Are On Fire...
    * SEIDIO 1750mAh vs. HTC OEM Batteries...

It looks like android users are aware of this issue as well.
    Wow...I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit yet.

Oh, by the way, Seidio's current Better Business Bureau rating is a D+.
  14.    #54  
    I saw the same in the android and BB forums. I posted this to the precentral shop and engadget without getting a response.
    Just for comparison purposes, here is some data from my batteries:

* Amzer 1400mAh
    - getfull40: 1283.125
    - getage: 86.71875

* Newly purchased Mugen 1400mAh #1
    - getfull40: 1463.125
    - getage: 100.00000

* Newly purchased Mugen 1400mAh #1
    - getfull40: 1463.125
    - getage: 100.00000
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Wow...I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit yet.

Oh, by the way, Seidio's current Better Business Bureau rating is a D+.
    Hmmm ... I'm wondering if we should all start filing complaints against them via the Houston BBB website. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I purchased a Seidio in June of last year. It reads a GetFull40 of 1150, lower than my stock Pre batt which comes in at 1183.125.

I have always used and recommended Seidio batteries, having used their extended ones in two Treos and now the Pre. I would have bought one for the Pre2 or whatever my next handset turns out to be. Needless to say, that will not be happening now.

Seidio, there are only two possibilities here:
    1. You unknowingly sold standard batteries as extended, in which case you should want to make it right for your customers.
    2. You've been intentionally selling stock batteries as extended, in which case you shouldn't have any more customers.

I would have expected #1, but looking at your responses and the problems with your products on other platforms...
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    Excellent work Somline!

I have a Seido 1350, and looks like I'm one of the lucky ones: my "getfull40" reads 1363.125.

Installing this battery WAS a noticeable improvement over the stock one; I never did understand how people could claim it wasn't. Now I guess that makes sense lol.

Even though I'm not personally affected, like all of you I expect Seido to make this FULLY right - that means exchanging every single fraudulently sold battery, regardless of age. Seido, if you're reading - I've bought many products from you over the years, and that ends tonight - until you make everyone affected whole.

This is INEXCUSABLE.
    I filled in the replacement form...and they said the store of ebay will handle it..been 2 weeks havnt heard anything. So i emailed seidio again saying how so many of us have had this happened and are considering bringing a class action against them...I think that will get me my refund
    Quote Originally Posted by Stearmandriver View Post
    Excellent work Somline!
    ...I expect Seido to make this FULLY right - that means exchanging every single fraudulently sold battery, regardless of age. Seido, if you're reading - I've bought many products from you over the years, and that ends tonight - until you make everyone affected whole.

This is INEXCUSABLE.
    +1
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast