4 2.45%
  • I needed to press that button

68 41.72%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    1363.125mAh
    Thanks that relieved me. You are one of the lucky. Another proof of the finding.
    Please cast your vote.
    Seidio 2600 = 2300....
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Here is a list of all the posts he/she made (at least until they delete them.)
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Came up with:
    Code:
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    Interesting....maybe the search results are only good for a certain length of time.

Here is their profile link in the forums, they use the nick seidioseidio - once you are at their profile page, select "statistics" and then select "find all posts by seidioseidio" - that will give you a listing of all the posts they made - it currently lists: Total Posts: 1,731

You can see that they really tried to take care of people with defective Seidio products but they were just overwhelmed.

Also, even though they last posted in March, their profile page shows last activity:

08/13/2010 04:53 PM

So it looks like they are still reading the forums.
    Last edited by Trekker; 08/15/2010 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Added info
  4.    #24  
    Private Message Dump for User somline; 08/16/2010 08:31 PM -->

###############################################
    Folder : Sent Items
    ###############################################

===============================================
    To : seidioseidio
    Date : 2010-08-16 20:29
    Title : Repair the damage to your reputation
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Seidioseidio,

why are you not responding to my mail and my two threads:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ll-1350-a.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-battery.html
    I'm sure you designed good batteries. Maybe there is a problem by manufacturing them. Please don't let us customers alone and provide free exchange for the "defective" 1350mAh batteries.

Best regards
    Somline
    Also, even though they last posted in March, their profile page shows last activity:

08/13/2010 04:53 PM

Update:

Their last activity now shows:

08/16/2010 11:58 AM

So I'll bet they are reading these threads but have no idea how to respond to them.

This has nothing to do with Palm. As far as I know, their stance is that they don't support 3rd party batteries period.
    If they can demonstrate substantial damage to their brand, they should have an issue. They would have the burden of proof but it would:

1) Allow them to minimize the stigma of bad battery life made to seem worse by fraudulent product.

2) Generate goodwill as a company that stands up for the interest of their users. Cheaper than buying ads, and a better image than denying you have an antenna reception problem.

They need not be a primary in the case, but it would do them nothing but good to support it if it become clear that the batteries were sold intentionally defective.
    Thank you all for the comments. Seidio stands behind the quality of our product. If you purchased from Seidio Online and are within 14 days of original ship date, we can refund you for your purchase. We also have a 180 day warranty period for purchases from Seidio Online and authorized resellers like PreCentral.net. You can fill out the RMA/WSRMA form from our website to request a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Thank you all for the comments. Seidio stands behind the quality of our product. If you purchased from Seidio Online and are within 14 days of original ship date, we can refund you for your purchase. We also have a 180 day warranty period for purchases from Seidio Online and authorized resellers like PreCentral.net. You can fill out the RMA/WSRMA form from our website to request a replacement.
    I think you are side-stepping the issue. Are some of your batteries labeled as 1350 mAh really only 1150 mAh? What steps are you going to take to insure that those that request replacements will not get another 1150 disguised as a 1350?

What is your position on the method used in these forums to determine the true capacity of the batteries? Is it an accurate method or is it flawed in some way?

I think the question isn't whether the batteries are defective or not and warrant replacement, but whether some type of sales fraud is taking place.
    Just a FYI, I did get a new Seidio 2600 mAh battery. The getfull40=2300 and getage=100...just like Flak1969 posted. Not sure where the missing 300 mAh is...but will start using it and see if the getfull40 will change. Yes, it does make the back of the Pre thicker, but it sure lasts alot longer than the Palm OEM battery and even the Seidio 1350 battery. Good luck with everyone who has a Seidio 1350 battery that is reporting getfull40=1150 to get a free replacement from Seidio that actually has 1350 mAh capacity.
    Wow had I not read this thread I wouldn't have known anything is up. When I read that file (I have seidio 2600) it says 2300. I've had it for a year maybe just shy of a year. But if I go by the information at this link my capacity should be less than that. So my question is does that file we read report the original full capacity or the current full capacity due to age and effects of temperature to that capacity?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    So my question is does that file we read report the original full capacity or the current full capacity due to age and effects of temperature to that capacity?
    Check out this thread if you haven't already. It's a long but informative read.

The first post summarizes how the capacity is calculated. My understanding is it lists the batteries initial claimed capacity, as well as calculating the current capacity due to age, use, etc.

Edit:

From somline's first post in the above thread:

read the two files:
    getfull40
    getage

getfull40 gives you the original capacity of your battery when it was new
    getage gives you the percentage of the capacity your battery can hold now.

your capacity = getfull40 * getage / 100
    Last edited by Trekker; 08/16/2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Added info
    I'll check that out to see if my battery is holding up to the capacity due to age. Thanks for the answer to my question. I'm disappointed to find out after a year later that my 2600 was really a 2300. In the future I'll be checking this right away and exchanging until I get the correct capacity or fed up and switch brands.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    My Getfull40 is 1363.125 and ym Getage is 97.65
    Interesting thread. I'm posting my numbers. My wife has a Seidio 1350 battery, too, but I haven't had opportunity to see what hers reads.
    My battery:
    getfull40: 1363.125
    getage: 97.65625

Bought mine from Amazon back in April/May

FWIW, and thanks,

Mackie
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Thanks Seidio for the courage to post in this thread.
    To sad you didn't answer our questions again.
    You have a (big) quality problem producing these batteries.
    A technician can easily verify this case.

We expect you exchange ALL of this faulty batteries regardless of the day of purchase or else this really looks like a case of fraud.

Repair the damage to your reputation

EDIT:We are not talking about peanuts here. These (affected) batteries cost 45$ and have the same (quality) capacity as a battery you can get for under 10$. So someone could make 450% profit.
    Last edited by somline; 08/17/2010 at 01:21 AM.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Just a FYI, I did get a new Seidio 2600 mAh battery. The getfull40=2300 and getage=100...just like Flak1969 posted. Not sure where the missing 300 mAh is...but will start using it and see if the getfull40 will change. Yes, it does make the back of the Pre thicker, but it sure lasts alot longer than the Palm OEM battery and even the Seidio 1350 battery.
    Thanks Kewl_700p, StoneRyno and Flak1969.
    This is mentioned in my "find out..." thread. It seems to be normal, that the capacity may vary about +-5%. 10% in your case is a bit high. BTW: All 2600' seems to be 2300'.
    Might be they exaggerated a bit. But wouldn't you have bought them with 2300mAh?
    Seems to be a nice battery.
    Last edited by somline; 08/17/2010 at 01:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I have 4 1350's.. I'd check if I didn't have to go through all that trouble, it'd be nice if there was an easier way to get the information.

That being said, I do notice about a 1-2 hours extended life compared to me two other OEM Palm batteries.

Yeah, I use 6 batteries..
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    1350=1150.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I have 4 1350's.. I'd check if I didn't have to go through all that trouble, it'd be nice if there was an easier way to get the information.

That being said, I do notice about a 1-2 hours extended life compared to me two other OEM Palm batteries.
    I'm thinking about building an app.

As of today everyone telling getting more battery life has found around 1350 in full40 which I take as another proof of our findings.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    But wouldn't you have bought them with 2300mAh?
    I probably would because I've been happy with this one having not known I didn't really have the full capacity it was advertised at but it is the two negative points to it having 300 less than advertised I'm disappointed with. 300 less means that much sooner you will end up replacing the battery because of capacity decrease due to age. Plus the 6 to 12 hours less per full charge resulting in more charge cycles also contributing to shortening the age. This might be nitpicking, but depending on luck with the battery aging it may mean some have to replace the battery before they replace the device. In my case it seems that the capacity is still acceptable I still get at least 48 hours between charges with use and at least 100 hours if I don't use it at all for an entire full charge cycle.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast