1.    #1  
    I'm going to attempt painting a Palm Pre Plus back cover (it's a TS cover). It'll be pink (yay!), but I'm not sure what type of paint to use. Any suggestions? Not sure regular acrylic paint would work, but I could give it a try. what do you think?
    I would to say to go with a rubberized paint (like plasti dip) to mimic the touchstone back's "soft touch" feel
    I would even look at springing for an extra cover off ebay or someplace to play with different paints before you commit.

Some will adhere better than others to that back cover compound.
    my suggestion is DON'T...

if you really need to decorate, head over to zagg.com and order a custom cover for the back, they have leather, patterns, and they can make custom designs...

...all for less than it will take for you to replace the touchstone and back when they fuse together because of what the heat generated by charging does to the paint... just a thought.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    ...all for less than it will take for you to replace the touchstone and back when they fuse together because of what the heat generated by charging does to the paint... just a thought.
    Good point... didn't think of the heat generated vs. paint on cover.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    my suggestion is DON'T...

Aw, sad. I didn't think about that. I do have a skin thing that I got for my Pre - but I'd definitely like to have a back cover that's all one color - just not black. I say we petition to get back cover options like the Pixi has! lol

Now I have an extra back cover. That's alright though. :]
    Hmmm that idea never occurred to me
  8.    #8  
    I may try covering it another way. I'll have to keep my eyes open for something fun!
    I wouldn't suggest paint. I dunno, try stickers.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenJ21 View Post
    I may try covering it another way. I'll have to keep my eyes open for something fun!
    zagg.com has lot's of 'fun' stuff.

I'm not affiliated with them, I just have been to their site.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    There are some paints you can buy that would be resistant to the heat, however, they are expensive and not something you'd probably want to invest in just to goof around and try to find a color or design you'd like.

Something that may work, however, and at much cheaper prices would be some of the craft paints that are meant to be set by heat, some of them require ironing, some of them heated with a blow dryer and etc. They are made to use the heat to improve how long they last and don't get sticky or tacky/melted by it. Not sure what all is available in your area, but you may be able to find a viable option online.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I would try Krylon Fusion and a layer or 2 of Krylon Fusion clearcoat. I used it on my Xbox and never had any issues.
    use CREATEX thats what i used to paint my case. you will have to air brush it.

check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    use CREATEX thats what i used to paint my case. you will have to air brush it.

check it.
    Looks nice.

Is this the original back or the Touchstone back?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Looks nice.

Is this the original back or the Touchstone back?
    its a case.