1.    #1  
    Hi all

Something that concerns me a bit is that future Pre's/HPalm offerings don't incorporate TS in its current form. I can't imagine (a) going back to plugging things in, or (b) replacing the 4 TS's I have... not to mention the various folks I have convinced that the Pre/TS combo is the best thing since sliced bread. With current stocks being dumped at ridiculous prices (Verizon TS + Car charger - $9.99, Amazon TS plus AC charger - $20), I hav to wonder if it is being discontinued...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... some demi-god at HP... DON'T trash the TS!!!

russ
    no worry. That's just how inventory gets moved over a product lifecycle.
    I don't think HP will kick the inductive charging. Moreso, I think the touchstone will be relaunched, maybe with an updated design, once the next portable WebOS device hits the market.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    And we should all remember that there are some problems with some of the current Touchstones, so this could also just mean we may be getting a new and improved products.

Some people have had them die, everyone who uses then knows the 'strong' magnets do not always work to line it up properly for charge and some people have had problems with the metal connectors on the battery covers being flimsy, they have bent or broken and become useless.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I'm thinking there might be a new improved touchstone, maybe one with speakers built in that can be connected by bluetooth to improve on the touchstone speaker phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I'm thinking there might be a new improved touchstone, maybe one with speakers built in that can be connected by bluetooth to improve on the touchstone speaker phone
    my thoughts exactly
    if palm were changing them, they certainly wouldn't be telling all the carriers and big box retailers.

instead of speculating, listen to the last webOSradio podcast with Rahul Sood. Among the other amazing things he says about webOS and Palm (all good) he answers a question about Touchstones...
    An in-the-know guy at RadioShack (lol, I know) seemed to say that Palm is in no way canceling these, RS is just no longer carrying Palm accessories because they are no longer carrying the phones themselves.