Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hi All,

I see folks' data cables are getting old and worn, like mine. Since, I didn't feel like going through Sprint or paying an arm and a leg for retail, I searched around and found a set on eBay.

They are $7 a set with free shipping in the US. So I bought two. They are exactly as advertised and identical to the set that came new with my Pre. The seller has a bunch right now.

Just thought I'd spread the word here.

Palm Pre or Pixi OEM Cylinder & Data Cable CHARGER NEW - eBay (item 250631420216 end time Aug-09-10 13:04:57 PDT)

P.S. I am NOT affiliated with the seller. I'm just spreading the word of the great deal I just got.

EDIT: The title says $6 but I just checked the auction and it's $6.99. Sorry!
    Last edited by socoot1; 08/07/2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    They are a similar price right now on Amazon, too.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I bought 5 sets of chargers recently for around $5 each (OEM travel chargers with the slightly larger base and removable prongs) including the microUSB cables. There is definitely no reason to pay retail prices for this stuff. DC adapters are always marked up SO much and I never understood why.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Do they really work as well? I'm always worried about plugging in those "OEM" (probably not) cables into a phone, they're too expensive to replace.
    But you get no battery life out of these smartphones anymore
    (compared with Treo/Centro)
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kapryt View Post
    Do they really work as well? I'm always worried about plugging in those "OEM" (probably not) cables into a phone, they're too expensive to replace.
    But you get no battery life out of these smartphones anymore
    (compared with Treo/Centro)
    They work fine with Touchstones and directly plugged into the phone, and solid and are Palm branded. They look OEM to me.
    Been more than pleased with the cables and chargers I get from monoprice.com
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Thanks OP. This was $0.79 cheaper than Amazon! I love Palm's AC adapter design; compact and no stupid glossy plastic!
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    I boguht one on Amazon and it was the US version of the DC adapter that now comes with the Pixi. It IS the Palm branded charger, and works.

I did however have a problem with mine on the Touchstone after about 2 weeks of use where it would blink charge/no-charge. I had 2 other touchstones and cables so I narrowed it down to the adapter...called Palm and they sent me a new setup...cord, adapter, and this nice rubber ring to wind the cord in...first time I have gotten that.

So now all is well again. Again..these $6-$7 adapter are NOT the international adapters that most got with their Sprint Pres...they are US only (work the same, just dont have the plug exchanger part)...jsut FYI for all international peeps.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)