Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SceneThat View Post
    Today I bought one from Verizon and it seems to be bulkier and the slider is so tight that it's very hard to slide up the screen. Also, on the Verizon one the touchstone cutout does not go completely though the back, so it isn't a complete hole like the ATT one and doesn't stay on the Touchstone nearly as solidly. I'm going to take back the Verizon one. I like ATT's version much more.

JD
    Sounds like Verizon is still selling the old model.
    Got my AGF case today (purchased from AGFindings directly), in black because I'm a purist lol...I am SO impressed. Best case I think I've used with any phone, ever. It does make the phone a little wider in the hand and squares it off (which sucks a bit because one of the things I love about the Pre is the sleek form factor) but it's not tremendously bulky by any means, not like an Otterbox case.

What I truly love about it is that it's corrected the slight Oreo I had. It isn't even true oreo, just a slight wiggle. Nevertheless, with this case the slider is rock solid but still open and closeable with one hand.

Very pleased!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    Got my AGF case today (purchased from AGFindings directly), in black because I'm a purist lol...I am SO impressed. Best case I think I've used with any phone, ever. It does make the phone a little wider in the hand and squares it off (which sucks a bit because one of the things I love about the Pre is the sleek form factor) but it's not tremendously bulky by any means, not like an Otterbox case.

What I truly love about it is that it's corrected the slight Oreo I had. It isn't even true oreo, just a slight wiggle. Nevertheless, with this case the slider is rock solid but still open and closeable with one hand.

Very pleased!
    good to hear, i ordered mine from them too, but it said shipping to england takes 3-4 weeks :/
    The website for GRT cases has the option for fronts only AG Findings....boy I wish they had purple! LOL I bought mine from ATT online as I couldn't find it in the stores. There's also a link for 25% off accessories, I googled and found it. The ATT is the new slimmer design. Mine is wearing the chrome right now, the blue is in the drawer in case I need it with the regular back. If they ever come up with purple I'll order a purple front (a nice deep purple!)

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...0A0011600jtl10
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 08/13/2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: link for discount
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    I am still debating on whether I want to get the GRT case. I am worried it is going to make the phone to bulky or that it will worsen the oreo when and if I decide to not use it anymore. Right now I still keep mine in the sleeve that came with it, but it gets old having to take it out for every little thing.
    It felt bulky for the first day, now I'm used to it. Also I did take the case off because I was curious about the effect on the oreo...and it actually felt TIGHTER. The same effect you get when you press the corners down.

Very happy with it.
    I got my GRT case a few days ago and so far love it. There is some more bulk, but not much. The part I love the most is with the touchstone back it aligns quickly and perfectly on the touchstone. No more fidgetting to get it aligned correctly.
    The part I love the most is with the touchstone back it aligns quickly and perfectly on the touchstone. No more fidgetting to get it aligned correctly.
    Another added benefit of that touchstone cutout is that if you use a touchstone in the car, the case actually helps to keep the Pre from sliding off the stone when you hit a sharp bump. Mine's been 100% rock-solid in the car since I got the GRT case!
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    Another added benefit of that touchstone cutout is that if you use a touchstone in the car, the case actually helps to keep the Pre from sliding off the stone when you hit a sharp bump. Mine's been 100% rock-solid in the car since I got the GRT case!
    I just got mine a couple of days ago. No more oreo, looks great, and makes the phone feel a lot more solid. Love it!
    YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!!

Palm Pre
    Bell Mobility

Patches: 4x4Iconsv1, Add Date MM/DD,Default to Month View, Device Warning Temperatures, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Glass Effect, More Reminder Times, SMS to Two Seconds, Unhide Dev Mode, Unthrottle Download Manager
  10.    #30  
    I got mine today...urm guys how do I take the damn thing off?
    Go with the Otterbox if you think your Pre is going to meet some wear-and-tear standards in its lifetime and you don't have a Touchstone. But, if you do have a Touchstone, go with the GRT because of its available back. Also, being a solution to the ever-dreaded "Oreo-"effect is a HUGE plus.

I personaly had an Otterbox, then I realized, although amazing, it was overkill. And hat feeling just got stronger when I bought a Touchstone.

These are, without a doubt, the best two cases on the market for the Pre. The rest are "cheapy," to say the lest. You really can't go wrong!

Cheers!
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    grt is nice, stops the oreo effect. got mine yesterday and it looks alright, sorta cheap looking IMO. i wanted a more rugged feel to it. the only gripe i have is by the keyboard there is alot of play and the phone is not locked into place.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ok so I've been looking for a GTR Case and I saw that someone posted a link to the at&t website that had them for a little cheaper than the actual gtr website but I need a touchstone compatible one and I didn't see any place where I could specify whether I wanted a regular one or one with the cutout.... Can anyone help me out or am I just not looking hard enough?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    ok so I've been looking for a GTR Case and I saw that someone posted a link to the at&t website that had them for a little cheaper than the actual gtr website but I need a touchstone compatible one and I didn't see any place where I could specify whether I wanted a regular one or one with the cutout.... Can anyone help me out or am I just not looking hard enough?
    I just bought this case at an AT&T store. The package came with both backs, a touchstone compatible back and a solid back. I suspect the online version is the same package.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    sweet thanks
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    so here is a story of to ends.. So I purchased my otterbox way back in june and around end of september I broke one of the tabs on the back cover I really didn't care I got the evo so didn't need it since pre was gone. Well after selling ny evo and going back to web os I got my pre and called otterbox and asked then too send me a new one, no problem free of charge well that was october 20th. So during my long wait I guess I must have ordered during the wrong time otterbox was changing there systems so 5000 orderes were delayed.

So in the meantime I went to verizon spent a gruling 45MIN in there store to buy two cases, which by the way was lied too by there manager and was told if I bought two cases I would get them for 8 bucks after a 25% discount yeah right. I got the GRT case and I absoultely hated it. It was hard to get off it was very hard to open and it was odd in the hand. So 23 dollars later I'm stuck.

so I called otter box back they replaced my order since there new systems up and low and behold I got my otterbox case yesterday the one that was ordered on oct 20th. So I called them since there system was showing it was pending shipment and told them to cancel the other order since I got one already. They said it's fine we will send you another one as a courtesy for waiting so long. I was amazed the otterbox fit perfect didn't mess up my already tight slider and it looks great. Phewww. So to sum up otterbox rocks I love them there cases and too top it off otterbox sent me 15 dollar coupon on any case I want and free shipping. Otterbox all the way
    Last edited by precon22; 11/05/2010 at 01:43 PM.
    Just wanted to add my .02, I love the GRT case, I'm using the touchstone version. Definitely adds bulk to the phone but it actually looks nicer IMO, I use the chrome colored front. I've dropped it at least 10 times or so, the case will often become seperated on impact with the ground, but neither the case or Pre have any damage, I actually think it helps to absorb the impact if anything.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Just wanted to add my .02, I love the GRT case, I'm using the touchstone version. Definitely adds bulk to the phone but it actually looks nicer IMO, I use the chrome colored front. I've dropped it at least 10 times or so, the case will often become seperated on impact with the ground, but neither the case or Pre have any damage, I actually think it helps to absorb the impact if anything.
    after having used it for a good few months the only complaint..and apparantly this is normal is that there is separation with the keyboard and the case, especially on the touchstone back so when you type the keyboard presses down as it isnt locked down
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I used both cases and my impression is they both are good for their uses. Otterbox was great for my work environment (very dusty) but unfortunately I was carrying two batteries so (stock bat,Seidio 1350 bat) switching them out with case was not easy (broke tabs in the process). The GRT case was a little better(used touchstone compatible back), bought two touchstone chargers and worked great. Not so difficult to remove and replace batteries but was kind of redundant removing two covers to change out the battery(same with otterbox,but no broken tabs to worry about). one day notice scratches on booth sides of pre+(oh yeah dusty environment) GRT case allows small particles in between case and pre causing scratches. in the end I got a Mugen 2800mah battery and a vertical leather holster (blackberry case, fits perfect for the large battery door)and have been pretty pleased so far.( still testing battery. see my posts in Mugen battery thread.)
    Last edited by espc31; 11/07/2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: spelling of course
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I used both cases and my impression is they both are good for their uses. Otterbox was great for my work environment (very dusty) but unfortunately I was carrying two batteries so (stock bat,Seidio 1350 bat) switching them out with case was not easy (broke tabs in the process). The GRT case was a little better(used touchstone compatible back), bought two touchstone chargers and worked great. Not so difficult to remove and replace batteries but was kind of redundant removing two covers to change out the battery(same with otterbox,but no broken tabs to worry about). one day notice scratches on booth sides of pre+(oh yeah dusty environment) GRT case allows small particles in between case and pre causing scratches. in the end I got a Mugen 2800mah battery and a vertical leather holster (blackberry case, fits perfect for the large battery door)and have been pretty pleased so far.( still testing battery. see my posts in Mugen battery thread.)
    Oh gosh...I just an otterbox from Amazon...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast