1.    #1  
    I bought the Mugen Power 1400mah battery for the Pre straight from Mugen last week. Got it few days ago and I am having a issue. It seems like it lasts longer than the stock battery but not by much. Issue is you know how normally the Pre warns you at 20% battery left and then 5% battery left with the stock Palm battery. Well ever since I got this one it warns me at 20% and then 10% but then when I get down to 6% the phone dies! Do I have a defective battery or are all you other Mugen Pre owners experiencing the same thing? Maybe I just need to go through a few more charge cycles before it learns??? If anyone has any similar issues let me know. If not ill just contact Mugen and request another battery because its annoying being tricked by your phone that you got 6% left when that is basically 0%!
    go threw a few more cycles before you do anything.as far as being tricked at 6 percent,,if phone gets to 6 percent you must assume yr phone is going to die any min anyway. God,i think it takes 2 percent just to make a phone call. Good luck
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    go threw a few more cycles before you do anything.as far as being tricked at 6 percent,,if phone gets to 6 percent you must assume yr phone is going to die any min anyway. God,i think it takes 2 percent just to make a phone call. Good luck
    The point is though why does this battery trick my phone into thinking it has more power than it actually does? I mean it never gave a 10% warning before. That is just weird!
    The chip needs to "learn" the battery cycle. More (very technical) info here.

EDIT: Netwrkr9 has good experience with this method.
    Last edited by somline; 07/30/2010 at 02:53 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Now it died with 8% remaining tonight! This is after 4 complete charges and drains. This is getting quite annoying. I'm about to call Mugen and **tch!
    we have just learned to charge the first times uninterrupted. Did you have done it?
  7.    #7  
    I took it off the touchstone maybe once in its first cycle. But only for a few seconds!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Well ever since I got this one it warns me at 20% and then 10% but then when I get down to 6% the phone dies! Do I have a defective battery or are all you other Mugen Pre owners experiencing the same thing?
    I've had my Mugen 1400 since last year. I can't answer your question because I never let my battery get down that low. What are you going to do with only 6%, especially when the phone shuts down at some point (5%) ?

Are you using your phone so much during the day that you can't get a full day's use out of it? I charge mine overnight, take it off the touchstone in the morning and put it back on the charger at night. Rarely do I go below 25 to 30% during the day.
  9.    #9  
    When I had my stock Palm battery in there it wouldn't die until it went from 2% to 0%. Yes I use my phone that much that I get it down this low everyday but what irritates me is what the hell is the point of a % left if its dead by 10%! That extra 8-10% could really come in handy if I am out and about without a charger nearby...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    When I had my stock Palm battery in there it wouldn't die until it went from 2% to 0%. Yes I use my phone that much that I get it down this low everyday but what irritates me is what the hell is the point of a % left if its dead by 10%! That extra 8-10% could really come in handy if I am out and about without a charger nearby...
    If you have some basic linux knowledge you should try to recalibrate the battery with a script as described here ore manually here.