1.    #1  
    The "Palm Spare Battery Charger for Pre" seems to be out of stock everywhere (store.precentral.net/palm-spare-battery-charger/8A83A5660A.htm - sorry but I can't make a link as I only have posted 5 times instead of the ridiculously mandated 10). When I ordered it from PreCentral on 07/16, the order confirmation email stated it was on backorder until 07/20, then it was 07/28, now it is 08/30. Anyone know what is going on? Has Palm stopped making them? I like this one over the other chargers as it is a carrying case in addition to a charger.

Thanks!
    Palm seems to have stopped the practice of selling stuff on their web site. All links on the HP smartphone site send you to carrier web sites. If you can't find a carrier that sells the Palm charger, you can probably get on from the PreCentral store, or from Amazon.com
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    They're in stock through Amazon for $15.91
  4.    #4  
    Where do you see it in stock at Amazon? I checked a few days ago and again when I saw your post but it always shows as "Currently unavailable". If you see it in stock, please post the link. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Been to like 3 different sites and canceled orders for all. Found this one that says it has stock and ordered one.

Palm Spare Battery Charger ( 3460WW ) - PCUniverse.com

We'll see what happens!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks neo999. I just placed an order. I hope their website is correct and they are indeed in stock!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Me too. then i can cancel the order i placed here mid-june. that'll make 4 canceled orders
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    You've probably seen this already, but I just received an email from PCUniverse. The charger is on backorder...Go figure!
    I just ordered one as well because the real time stock showed 173 available. Have not received any backorder notification yet, will keep you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon69 View Post
    Where do you see it in stock at Amazon? I checked a few days ago and again when I saw your post but it always shows as "Currently unavailable". If you see it in stock, please post the link. Thanks.
    Palm Pre Spare Battery Charger

It currently lists for $18.99, regular price $29.99 but you get raped with shipping charges: $16.03. Free shipping is available if you buy another one or something else that gets your total over $25.

Last edited by Trekker; 07/29/2010 at 09:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon69 View Post
    Shoot, the one I saw earlier today isn't showing up. But there is this one for $19: link
  12.    #13  
    I haven't received a backorder email from PC Universe yet <fingers crossed>. Thanks for the Amazon link. They must have got them back in stock since I checked the other day. Maybe Palm is starting to manufacture them again!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Great news! My order from Precentral store shipped today. They have stock now. Hopefully PCUniverse will cancel my "backorder" as requested.
  14.    #15  
    Doh! I just got an email from PreCentral that the order I placed several weeks ago will ship on Monday. Now I'm going to have two chargers, including the one from PC Universe since I have not received an email it is on back order. Oh well, two is better than none.

neo999, you better place an order somewhere quick before they're all sold out again! ;-)
  15.    #16  
    Glad to hear it, neo!
    Quote Originally Posted by neo999 View Post
    Been to like 3 different sites and canceled orders for all. Found this one that says it has stock and ordered one.

Palm Spare Battery Charger ( 3460WW ) - PCUniverse.com

We'll see what happens!
    Good find dude! But I noticed something that kinda puzzled me. It lists the manufacturer as palmOne. Palm hasn't used the "palmOne" name since 2005. The Pre was announced- not released, announced- in 2009. If it was made during the palmOne era, there's no way it's compatible with the Pre. The Centro wasn't even released until 2007, 2 years after they stopped using the palmOne name. So it wouldn't even work with the Centro battery, the sibling of the Pre's battery. Now it could just be that PCUniverse wrote PalmOne by accident and it was really during after the palmOne era- maybe they got mixed up and forgot it's just "Palm" now. But if you look at the page, you'll notice it doesn't mention the Pre or Pixi once- it doesn't mention any specific Palm device actually. I wouldn't buy a spare battery charger unless I knew it would work with the battery I want to charge in it. Maybe I'm missing something on the product page or maybe I've forgotten some other detail though- if anyone has an explanation or evidence to counter this I'd be happy to hear it
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter
  17.    #18  
    Check out http://store.precentral.net/palm-spa.../8A83A5660.htm. It shows Palm as the manufacturer and it lists the Pre and Pre Plus as being compatible. I think PC Universe must just be behind the times.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I agree about PC Universe being behind the times. They didn't inspire my confidence when they placed my order in Backorder and didn't do so with others.

@Seb_or_Sam: I agree with you on the confusion with the palmone description PCUniverse. I usually do my searches by model number. The 3460WW model number I have been using to search I got from the Palm website after double checking there that it would work with the pre/pixi battery. So I felt safe that this was the correct part on the PC Universe site. It's all a mute point now that p|c is shipping my goodies.

Too bad this couldn't have happened a couple of weeks ago before I went on vaca. Could have really used this charger. Maybe next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by neo999 View Post
    I agree about PC Universe being behind the times. They didn't inspire my confidence when they placed my order in Backorder and didn't do so with others.

@Seb_or_Sam: I agree with you on the confusion with the palmone description PCUniverse. I usually do my searches by model number. The 3460WW model number I have been using to search I got from the Palm website after double checking there that it would work with the pre/pixi battery. So I felt safe that this was the correct part on the PC Universe site. It's all a mute point now that p|c is shipping my goodies.

Too bad this couldn't have happened a couple of weeks ago before I went on vaca. Could have really used this charger. Maybe next time.
    Thanks. Good on ya for double-checking the compatibility. Thanks for the info. And yep, the PreCentral store is where I get all my accessories for my Pre Plus- 1 Touchstone (soon I'll get a second), one 1350 mAH Seidio battery, 2 retractable USB cables. Plus I'm about to buy another Seidio 1350 mAH battery- last week the stock Palm battery that came with my Pre Plus met it's unfortunate and untimely demise in my washing machine. Yeah, I left the spare battery in my pocket and forget to take it out. Well... off to buy another spare battery. Another 50 bucks down the drain- or washing machine in this case
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter