1.    #1  
    Is it conceivably possible to make a patch or app that would allow you to stream audio to a "non-A2DP" bluetooth headset?

Or is that a technical impossibility?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I was just searching for the same thing. I used to have the HTC Touch (WM 6.2) and I found a program called BTaudio that did just that. I used to use it so I could hear GPS driving directions thru my bluetooth earpiece. Wondering if someone could possibly look at the .cab for that and port it to WebOS.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Wow... that would be a trick... a little beyond my current ability for sure.
    its possible, because my Macbook can stream any audio to either the A2DP or regular bluetooth in my headphones, I just choose which one in the System Preferences> Sounds app.

But, I gotta be honest, the regular bluetooth sound protocol sounds like complete garbage with music. It was made for voice, its got the quality of a megaphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    its possible, because my Macbook can stream any audio to either the A2DP or regular bluetooth in my headphones, I just choose which one in the System Preferences> Sounds app.

But, I gotta be honest, the regular bluetooth sound protocol sounds like complete garbage with music. It was made for voice, its got the quality of a megaphone.
    I know it is possible. As I said, I used to have an app on my WM and I used it to listen to GPS directions through my earpiece. Now, the question remains... can anyone port it to WebOS or make a patch??

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Wouldn't be using it for music, only for talk radio podcasts. Not a super big deal now as I have purchased an A2DP headset since the original post on this thread.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    i don't believe this is possible until Palm adds support for additional bluetooth profiles. that may be tied to getting the mic and speaker APIs released, which is reported to be coming in webOS 2.0