1.    #1  
    Is the a way to send and receive files (musi, photos and so on) with bluetouth on palm pre?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    This is probably not what you want to hear but the only way is to enable networking over the bluetooth (personal area network, PAN, profile) and then use a file transfer protocol/program to move the files around.
    Performance is very slow, though, so expect LLLOOOOoooonnnnngggg transfer times. Cheers
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Thanks for asking the question, Mebe. I was wondering the same thing. Is there no way to browse my Windows network from my Pre? I want to transfer some files from my laptop to my Pre, but really don't feel like unplugging the cable from my Touchstone, plugging in the Pre, choosing USB file transfer . . . . It'd be great if I could just browse the network and grab what I need.
    What about SFTP?
    (See webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:OpenSSH)
    i still unable to download the bluetooth for X10 mini, i search ‘it.medieval.blueftp, medieval and Bluetooth File Transfer’. any idea why i encounter this problem?
    Thanks and Regards

Tanmay Sasvadkar
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    The easiest solution I've found so far is using Dropboxify or ZumoDrive. Hopefully, WebOS 2.0 will support file transfer via Bluetooth. Any word on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by shieldss View Post
    The easiest solution I've found so far is using Dropboxify or ZumoDrive. Hopefully, WebOS 2.0 will support file transfer via Bluetooth. Any word on this?
    From http://www.precentral.net/webos-20-review
    Palm points out the Bluetooth keyboard support isn't important just for keyboards, but also because it offers support for barcode scanners and lock boxes. In the interest of completeness, here are the supported Bluetooth profiles: HFP/HSP, A2DP, PBAP, PAN, AVRCP, OPP, SPP, HID.
    Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
    Headset Profile (HSP)
    Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
    Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
    Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
    Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
    Object Push Profile (OPP)
    Serial Port Profile ( SPP )
    Human Interface Device Profile (HID)

I'll quote Wiki for this, since I am no bluetooth expert

Object Push Profile (OPP)
    A basic profile for sending "objects" such as pictures, virtual business cards, or appointment details. It is called push because the transfers are always instigated by the sender (client), not the receiver (server).

OPP uses the APIs of OBEX profile and the OBEX operations which are used in OPP are connect, disconnect, put, get and abort. By using these API the OPP layer will reside over OBEX and hence follow the specifications of the Bluetooth stack.
    To me that looks like there will be the ability for BT file transfer. Anyone with more Bluetooth knowledge like to add more?
    good Info since Serial Port profile is not default it is not working huuummmmm