Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Touchstone for $7.97 at RadioShack !!!!

radioshack .com/ product/ index.jsp?productId=3997358

(remove spaces)
    only problem is that is still In Store only, showing none available in my area.

VZW still for the win with 9.99 bundle and free next day shipping.
    yeah, I need the back cover though
    best price I have found on back cover is at Sprint (or you could try and get one a lil cheaper on eBay). I looked at ebay and it wasn't worth it for trying to save maybe a buck. Picked ours up at the local sprint store w/ discount was all good.
    Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but, I find my phone lasts longer after a full charge from the touchstone vs charging via the cable in the side.

Amazon has the back for $11.66 incl shipping, I couldn't find anything better.
    thanks guys, I'll check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by smithe68 View Post
    Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but, I find my phone lasts longer after a full charge from the touchstone vs charging via the cable in the side.

Amazon has the back for $11.66 incl shipping, I couldn't find anything better.
    YES. I figured the TS was more of a trickle charge?

Back is also $ 9.99 on VZW. Payback for all those Sprint accessories I once got for my old Treo
    Last edited by copasetic; 08/27/2010 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Stupid Verizon Pre Keyboard bug
    Would someone be able to help me find the $9.99 deal? I still can't find the Touchstone for less than $19.99, and they don't even SHOW the genuine Palm Charger on the VZW site (Car or home), much less under bundles. I try it when logged in and when NOT logged in. I am sure I am clicking the wrong thing, but all I find is the VZW dual power adapter when I select the Pre Plus and go to accessories. A Battery, a Touchstone, and the VZW car thingy. Bundles shows me the typical "VZW and headset and case 'essentials' package they try to sell to you in the store. I am honestly not trying to highjack this thread so I will take to PM's if needed. Maybe it's regional? Thanks so much.
    Just checked it's still there... too lazy to post more than these 2 things, make sure your device is Palm Pre (not Pixi), then select chargers & batteries, then select see all desktop chargers.... should see the bundle... Sorry if that doesn't help much, it's super late and I have been doing other than being focused for a while....

Also check the later pages of this thread for instructions if mine aren't clear enough, many others took more time to explain it better.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...le-9-99-a.html
    I picked one up at Radio Shack for $8. It was one of only two that were left. I would have picked up the other one but I already had three. The one I got now lives in my backpack.
    I give up :-S I can't find it at all, it never appears on my screen or links, even when I log in.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    It's the one thing that counteracts the low battery life. Touchstone is the best smartphone accessory to date. Do yourself a favor and pick up a 15 dollar one from radio shack or wherever. If you can buy one for your car, your desk, your living room. Once you own one, you'll wonder why you never did in the first place.

The only drawback is that you'll probably suffer a short lifespan since we are assuming HP/Palm will announce a new type of touchstone in the next couple months...but thats just rumors.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    do they come with the backpiece oris that separate?
    If you get a good touchstone they are fantastic, but the failure rate is high on them. Depends on how you buy the touchstone. Some come in Combo packs some come by themselves.
    I bought my pre with a touchstone but ultimately preferred using wired normal charging.
    Cool gadget but ...
    Palm pre used to get quite warm due to Heating issues with inductive charging
    Slower compared to wired charging
    Most of time I tend to USB trickle charge but also use the data connection, thereby connecting wires directly.

But if you want to turn iPhone & other smart phones users green with envy.. Touchstone does it...among other pre things !
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    my charging port seems tobe goingbad as my plug slides a littlewhen plugged in. I was thinking of getting the touchstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    If you get a good touchstone they are fantastic, but the failure rate is high on them. Depends on how you buy the touchstone. Some come in Combo packs some come by themselves.
    One of the absolute best ideas for a phone, IMO. They are advertising the Powermat thingy for other phones now, but the battery door for the Powermat system has a "wart" on it that plugs into the phone's standard charging port rather than connecting to the battery using a different method. Built-in induction charging is the way to go.

Even happier with it on the Pixi, due to the Pixi's case design. The battery door acts as a case for the phone, so there is no need to put another case on it. Can't be beat.
    if you want to take advantage of the upcoming 'exhibition' feature of webos 2.0, you will need a touchstone charger. buy one. don't think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    FYI -- looks like there is a way to fix the bong-bong issue with your touchstone if you have it (I'm happy to say I don't).

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-solution.html
    I have three. I bought 2 and 1 came with a used pre i bought. The 2 I got new don't have the bong bong issue. The other one does. I am doubtful about the above "fix" and have said so. One shouldn't have to risk breaking the wires on the back to fix a problem with the stone.

BTW, I spent $9.99 on my two.

current deals: - 14.99 -
    Set Your Location
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Care to actually give a thought elaboration on why? Maybe some insight into a post? Especially when touchstone are going for around $10 some Pre's came with compatible backs and those that didn't can get the back for under $15.

There's always gotta be one sour puss to throw a wet towel on things.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234