Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I absolutely love my Touchstone. It makes the Pre and you can get them as others have said at a good discount if you shop online or if you are lucky through a Radio Shack with inventory. I have 2. One at home and one at work.
    I got one for my desk at work. I stream Pandora on my pre so its nice to have the stone there to keep it charged. Worth it...especially if you can get in on the 9.99 Verizon deal when they have it.
    Probably a dumb question, but I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a touchstone for my (relatively) new Palm Pre Plus -- Have you found it to be worth the $20-40 (or whatever they're selling for these days)? I mean, it seems cool, but ultimately it's spending money just to avoid something that takes about 2 seconds (plugging the charger into the phone). Or am I missing something?
    Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?!

Get one at retail or the great Verizon discount bundle price--either way, you won't be sorry.
    ROFL nice answer!!!! and yeah get in on the bundle and feel free to thank me on the bundle thread =) Love to the WebOS family!
    It is absolutely worth it! This way the pre doubles as an clock, a radio, weather station, dictionary on your desk, nightstand, car .....
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    definately worth the buy
    Quote Originally Posted by tvc_15 View Post
    Probably a dumb question, but I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a touchstone for my (relatively) new Palm Pre Plus -- Have you found it to be worth the $20-40 (or whatever they're selling for these days)? I mean, it seems cool, but ultimately it's spending money just to avoid something that takes about 2 seconds (plugging the charger into the phone). Or am I missing something?
    Just one of many eBay auctions.
    Palm Pre Plus Touchstone Kit PDP5858Q Charger in box - eBay (item 370421769701 end time Aug-25-10 13:45:41 PDT)

You'll need:
    1. The touchstone (TS) compatible back (if you don't already have it - Verizon Palm Pre Plus models came with it installed)
    2. The TS (some refer to it as a "puck" - kind of looks like a small hockey puck)
    3. TS compatible charge cord.

I was exactly like you but once you get one, you'll want the convenience of them everywhere. I have one at work, home and in my car (the OEM version with the lighter adapter). I also prefer this because the cord is shorter and works fine in my 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid. For those times when I want/need to charge my phone and use my Magellan GPS (because the Verizon model is GPS-challenged even with GPS-Fix installed), then I have a dual-port adapter from Best Buy to split the cigarette lighter into 2-ports; one for the phone and one for the GPS. I was lucky that my car set up didn't require any major config issues. The puck sticks to the dash near one of the vents and if it gets warm, I turn the air conditioner up. The one at the office is plugged in all the time and the one at home is in my home office with my desktop computer.

Once you use a TS for awhile, you'll find that the opening/closing of the USB charge port is alot more frustrating than you'd originally thought!
    Last edited by qwiklight; 08/23/2010 at 05:47 PM.
    which case/skin works best with the ts? the one i'm using now is the at&t case, but feels a bit bulky and difficult to slide the pre open when i need the keyboard. any other suggestions or do i have the best one already?
    I hope it works with the next hardware hpalm releases
    The OP's question reminds me of the GEICO commercial
    100% worth it since verizon is selling them for 10 bucks !!! with a car charger to go with it !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    100% worth it since verizon is selling them for 10 bucks !!! with a car charger to go with it !
    Where, do you have a link for this pricing? Even with preferred pricing I cannot beat $20
    Last edited by copasetic; 08/23/2010 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
    which case/skin works best with the ts? the one i'm using now is the at&t case, but feels a bit bulky and difficult to slide the pre open when i need the keyboard. any other suggestions or do i have the best one already?
    GRT case FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    GRT case FTW!
    my mistake...that's the case i have now, but it feels a lil bulky. any other suggestions to go with the ts?
    my mistake...that's the case i have now, but it feels a lil bulky. any other suggestions to go with the ts?
    Unless you're going with a skin case like the PhantomSkinz, I thought the InnoCase Surface from Seidio was one of few TS compatible cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Unless you're going with a skin case like the PhantomSkinz, I thought the InnoCase Surface from Seidio was one of few TS compatible cases.
    i just don't know what other skins/cases work with the touchstone besides the AGF case.
    Just picked up six (6) units for me and my wife on the extreme cheap from Verizon for my Sprint Pre and love them.

I use a otterbox tandem series case and will have to mod my unit if I want to continue using it. Sorli...
    (Asking again) Please tell me how ya'll are getting them for $10? I checked the website, called the store, even with the 25% preferred discount I can't break $20/each Thanks.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    (Asking again) Please tell me how ya'll are getting them for $10? I checked the website, called the store, even with the 25% preferred discount I can't break $20/each Thanks.
    Go to the accessories section of Verizon's website. Select the Palm Pre Plus as your phone type. Scroll down the page and look on the left hand side for a "Bundles" link. Click on the bundles link and you should see a $9.99 and $14.99 Touchstone bundle.
    Yes...Verizon deals also worked for me and note they are not always available, but last time I picked up six (6) sets (1 touchstone dock and 1 car charger) for $9.99 for my wife and myself.

We now have a car charger in each car and move our touchstones where need them when driving and at home.

I'm just hopeful the next palm pre 2 supports TS interfaces...revolutionary for palm users. Sorli...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast