Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Is the 9.97 price including the all 3 pieces? Looking for the best price I can find to get one at the office and maybe one or 2 for the cars (already have the Palm brand car chargers).

Ohhh and to the OP the wife and I are loving ours. Modified our Sprint cases last night so the fit better on the puck.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Is the 9.97 price including the all 3 pieces?
    no, just the base itself I ordered the extra Palm branded cables & plugs on Amazon for 8 or 9 bucks each with free shipping (vs cheaper + shipping)
    Not bad.... I'll have to keep hunting, 20ish seams to be the best price anywhere. Wish VZW was bundling the puck with the plug in charger vs. the car charger.
  4.    #24  
    Alright, you guys have convinced me. Just ordered one. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tvc_15 View Post
    You need to order another...seriously.

The touchstone has me spoiled, I can't imagine going back to the old way of charging. I hope future webOS phones are touchstone compatible.
    I got one for $10 the other day at radioshack, it was their last one, and the manager was surprised when it rang up so cheap. Both my wife and I have pre's and we keep on in the living room and one is always on it. Its very convenient to be able to walk in the door, hang my keys up, put my wallet down, and plop my phone down on the touchstone without any hassle.

Right now our pres our our only form of internet, so one is usually always on the touchstone with mobile hotspot on and its great. I would love to have more touchstones in the future.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tvc_15 View Post
    Gonna need at least 2... One for home and one for car. I love being able to jump into my car and just slap my phone onto the dash...
    Speaking of TS (and I have asked this question before but no one has had an answer), the few I have experience with got very, very hot.

Since batteries typically degrade badly in extreme heat (leaving in the sun, leaving in the car, etc) -- its often the number one suggestion for extending battery life, don't let your phone get hot -- has anyone thought if whether the poor battery life of the Pre could be linked to the heat generated during charging?
    I would say it could be part of the cause.... but as I just got my TS, I have experienced battery heat without the TS as well during charging (especially when working the radios near the battery).

I think the main cause of battery issues, is using the same battery from Centro and Treo Pro in a phone that does so much more (and potentially gets so much more use on a daily basis). For example I use my Pre A LOT more than I used the Centro. Add into that synergy and all the other little things. A quick example of things I do on my Pre I didn't do on my Centro: Stream radio, download podcasts (or stream if I have to and listen to em in the car), push e-mail (finally setup a gmail and use it to pull everything still going to hotmail), synergy - google calendar, google contacts, facebook (wasn't on facebook until after I got the pre), I use web a lot more (and I used it a lot on my centro). With that quick off the top of my head list..... From the time I get up to the time I get to work, I can drop my battery 30% some mornings (about 2 hours). And I can confirm it is from use. I can pull my phone off the TS at full charge and let it sit 3 hours (even with the centro battery or the "pre" battery) and still be at 100%.

If you didn't want to read all that rambling..... data use is a HUGE power hog. I use a TON of data, and I see a direct result of that in how my battery performs.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Way worth it IMO, so convenient. I bought one at a Radio Shack a few weeks ago and it was about 13 bucks. Decided I wanted one for the car charger as well, so Ive been going into every Radio Shack I come in contact with, but nobody had anything Palm related anymore. I was so obsessed with finding one, I decided to call EVERY Radio Shack in a 10 mile radius haha. One store said they had one in stock and it was not TOO far from my house. I show up, and low and behold, they had THREE in stock! I bought all three of them and now have one for the house, both cars, and work. I was so stoked because the price dropped a few bucks on them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1314258 View Post
    I don't think so

Care to actually give a thought elaboration on why? Maybe some insight into a post? Especially when touchstone are going for around $10 some Pre's came with compatible backs and those that didn't can get the back for under $15.
    100% worth it. Never going back.
    I have really enjoyed the touchstone.worth
    Most definitely YES! Now if only I could find a 1000mA USB car charger, I'd get another TS for the car!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Look under the accessories forum. Verizon has a bundle deal going now car charger and a touchstone dock for 9.99 free shipping. Great deal and this will be the 4 dock that I have. One by the bed one in the car one at work and now one for my girls place. You will love it
    Thread about the car charger and TS posted by me =).... BTW it's not just free shipping but free next day (just missed the fedex guy today from my order yesterday around 1 pm local time). Can't go wrong with the VZW sales.
    wasnt sure if it was the phone or the touchstone itself but i always got the charging error..so i returned mine.
    Totally worth it, you will rarely touch the USB port every again!!! :^D even with the quarks of the touchstone, it's great.
    There's lots of reasons why people who have one or more Touchstones wouldn't live without them, but here's mine. If you're driving along with the car charger plugged into the usb port of the phone and you suddenly need to pick it up for some reason, it's almost impossible to handle and manipulate with that cord sticking out; it's annoying as hell too. The TS is also a wonderful mount when on a surface that is at eye level or below thanks to the angle it provides.
    Quote Originally Posted by jthore View Post
    There's lots of reasons why people who have one or more Touchstones wouldn't live without them, but here's mine. If you're driving along with the car charger plugged into the usb port of the phone and you suddenly need to pick it up for some reason, it's almost impossible to handle and manipulate with that cord sticking out; it's annoying as hell too. The TS is also a wonderful mount when on a surface that is at eye level or below thanks to the angle it provides.

That is my main reason for putting a TS and BT adapter in my car..... remove the wires for when I need to touch the phone.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast